main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DragonCon 04

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by QCPsychoJedi, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    The buzz has been going around so I'm just going to make a thread for it. As I understand it the traditional hotel the QCJO uses for DragonCon is the Marriot. Well without "Con" rates the Marriot charges about $150 a night on weekends which is still not bad but over 4 days that's $600. Most of us don't have that kind of expendable cash after costumes and food and travel expenses.

Worth it as it may be I have an alternative that may allow more people to go. Check this out.

I just found out I can get $300 toward the Marriot stay per room through work. That means if we're there 4 days and the weekend rate is usually $150 a night that the room would be half off! With two people splitting a room that would mean the entire 4 day stretch would only cost $150 per person, and of course less if a third is added and that's not accounting for the fact they'll have an even lower rate for connection with the Con. At 3-4 people per room the hotel rates could very be the least expensive part of this whole thing.

If anyone's interested I think this could be a great way to free up some dough for other things.

2. TT_Boy

TT_Boy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2004
    40 days till DragonCon 04

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.