main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DragonCon 06

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by HamillianActor, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HamillianActor

HamillianActor Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2004
    So this post is a little late in coming this year, but who's headed to DragonCon this year? I'm leaving tomorrow night (rather late, unfortunately) and arriving sometime Friday morning.

I'm stoked that "Injured Stormtrooper" is in the film festival and, as always, would love to meet any fellow fan filmmakers in attendance. This year, the fanfilms are playing at 11:30 on Saturday night, with "Stormtrooper" first in the lineup.

So, who else'll be there?

2. FruityTooty

FruityTooty Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2005
    Not I, but if you end up in Memphis, lemme know. [face_dancing]

3. DetFilms

DetFilms Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2005
    The band Abney Park will be there -- possibly the world's only Steampunk Rock band. The lead guitar is my brother-in-law. Here's a link to their video, which I just finished last night. (BIG thanks to DarthDodoBird for letting us borrow some CG from "Ideality.") Check them out while at the 'Con.

http://robert-from-ap.livejournal.com/400904.html

4. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    I'll be there - I'm programming a block of films Friday night at 8:30pm that's separate from the film track program... mine is done under the Star Wars track, and it'll be in the International Ballrooms in the Hyatt.

My film lineup is still being finalized, but I'd say it's a safe bet I'll be running stuff like the Pink Five films, Ryan vs. Dorkman, Crazy Watto, The Jedi Hunter, Sith Apprentice, Death Star Repairmen, Fanboys, The Jedi Street Preachers, stuff like that... definitely planning on running the trailer for The Emperor's New Clones... I probably won't run anything longer than 30 minutes individually, since audiences tend to get a little restless with the longer films... plus, the comedies seem to go over better...

I had planned on running The Injured Stormtrooper, but I told the film track guy I wouldn't program any of the films in the festival, so I had to drop it along with Reign of the Fallen...

Basically, show up and find out what I'm showing... :p

5. HamillianActor

HamillianActor Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2004
    Memphis?! Memphis isn't Orlando. When does Memphis turn into Orlando?

Bah! I demand the promotion of my film! *shakes fist* Promote it...

6. FruityTooty

FruityTooty Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2005
    Bob, I dig that music. Seriously, folks. *thumbs up*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.