main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DragonCon 2002

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Ok, so the story is Natasha and I were partying with FF members and the 501st at Shampoo last Saturday night. She was Padme and I was Leia...so anyway, apparently we made quite an impression. Now we're being told that we MUST GO TO DRAGONCON 2002 in Atlanta, GA!! We are considering this trip and will shortly be organizing flights and hotel accomodations.

If you want to go or want more information, check out www.dragoncon.com. It's Friday, August 30 - Monday, September 2, 2002. Labor Day weekend.

J

2. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    What's the cost for tickets for the event itself? I must have missed that on the page.. We might be able to make it, but i think I'd rather drive down. And my sister lives just outside of Georgia, so there's my hotel. LOL

3. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    I think it's $60 for the entire weekend provided you purchase by 7/15/02.

I reserved a room for Natasha and I in the overflow hotel - Days Inn - one block from the convention.

We'll most likely be traveling with some of the 501st.

Would love to see more of you there!
    Jennifer

4. Frito

Frito Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2002
    My wife and I are planning to go but we need to stay in the main hotel. My wife has CFIDS and needs to be on site. If we can't arrange it we won't be going. I will know more soon.

Cheers,

Dave

5. Frito

Frito Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2002
    YAHOOOOO!! Our flight is booked, the hotel room arranged, the con tickets purchased. Now all I need to do is get my costume in prime shape.

Are there any planned events for the Fan Force down there?

Cheers,

Dave

6. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    yay!

natasha and i have our hotel room. but no flights booked yet.

i have no idea about any ff activities...but we could always check out the Hothlanta FF group and see what's up.

7. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Iycis and I got our plane tix this week. We're staying in the Days Inn a block away but that could change pending any cancellations at the Marriott in the next couple weeks.

I know that the FF Chapter Hothlanta Rebels are planning a dinner for one night. It's a rather pricey one so we're just gonna go and hang out. Other than that I think we're gonna decide what we wanna do on a day by day basis. We're costuming most of the weekend. I'm putting the finishing touches on mine in the next week.

So, who else is going? Frito-you still going? Tengu-what about you?

Anyone else?

8. Calixte

May 3, 2002
  9. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Looking good Jenni, wish I could have made it but our lodging plans fell through at the last minute... Those pic look great.. OH my god I can't believe Spat! LOL Em said that's a sight she did not need to see... :D Hopefully we can make it next year.

10. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Pics look awesome Jenn, but...

Slave Spat .... [face_shocked]
    TH .. TH.. That's just WRONG! 8-}

Have fun!

11. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hey all! :)

Jenni, I just wanted to say that it was great meeting you at the FanForce dinner my chapter hosted last Friday. I'm very glad you could come. I hope to see you again next year.

For those of you who would like to see a group picture from the Dragon*Con dinner, go here.

Once the Hothlanta Rebels webmistress gets back from a business trip, she'll post all of our pictures on our website, HothlantaRebels.com.

12. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    I posted elsewhere on the KOP board, but it was really great getting to meet you and Natasha. Though I didn't get to hang out with you guys too long, it was fun while I did. Mrs. Darkrider & I had a blast meeting you both. Perhaps we can make a the journey up to your neck of the woods for a con sometime? Anything big coming up in the Philly area?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.