main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC DragonCon 2003

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Cinnea, Jul 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Hmmmm, I guess my biggest problem is trying to decide if I have enough time to make much of anything.

The cloak I saw online is FAR nicer than anything I could conjure up, that's for sure... Then it's a matter of the rest of the costume. I just can't decide. Of course if I wait any longer, the decision will be made for me.

2. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Time is the problem for me too. I know I'll be glad to have my new house, but it sure has impinged on my costume plans....

3. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I bet! Have you nixed some of the ideas then?

4. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    No, because I am an idiot. I think there will be more "cobbling together" and less "sewing" of costumes however. I think I'll be hitting thrift stores and other cheapo places this weekend. I just need a poofy pirate shirt. And eye patch. Ar.

5. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Yeah, cobbling together sounds good. I got my pirate shirt online... Hopefully it's the right size. I am debating on looking for pants or making them. I am making sashes and bandanas from scratch because I found the coolest material and I have to use it. :)

Now I just need to see if I can figure out a Friday costume. Heather has it lucky because she is going to dress like someone from the The Tribe (that TV show from New Zealand; some people from it are going to be at D*C). All she has to do is find clothes that mismatch and do her hair and makeup funny. Easy!

6. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Ok well here is the stupid costumes i have pieced together. a aneme(sp) type cowgirl jedi but i need cowboy boots yet and a blouse, a pirate ( figured i could use it for rennasance fair too, and my two jedi costumes. I also have a part of a smee thingy goin.so i do not have a clue as to what i am going to wear when but i am sure glad i am driving since it will hold all the clothes!

7. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Sha, I gotta say that I (and Heather and Ken and Eugenia, I'm sure) are glad you are driving too! :D

I'm cooking up a pirate, a sith and *maybe* a Palpatine. Oh and one other silly thing maybe.

And just a head's up: if anyone is interested in attending the FF dinner, the deadline to RSVP is the 16th (this Saturday). The dinner is at Trader Vic's (a restaurant near the convention) at 5:15 on Saturday. You just have to pay for the food you eat. :) Let me know if you want to go.

Also, the Atlanta FF is sponsoring this. Looks to be a hoot. Too bad we don't have anyone to enter... Hehehehehe.

8. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    dude, my ticket came today! it isn't a card, it's a ticket.

9. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    DUDE. Dude.

Must be because you did through ticketmaster.

10. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    must be dude. how are your costumes coming?

mom cut my dress pattern out now she just has to sew it. and the necklace is a bleeping nightmare, nail polish works best but I am not happy with it.

11. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Did you try the spray paint?

Maybe you should redo it with white... I dunno. There is a sculpey thread in the costuming forum that night be helpful to you.

My costumes are okay. Been doing a lot of thinking but not much doing. I haven't decided yet how much I want to sew. I don't want to start something and then not be able to finish it in time.

12. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    the nail polish looks better than the spray paint.

I know what you mean about the sewing. who knew costumes could cause so many headaches!

13. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    You can try model paint, then laquer. Ken can tell you how to do it!

The problem is costumes at the last minute. I don't mind doing it, and kind of enjoy it, but not last minute. And not while packing. So I'm doing the bare minimum of sewing this year and hoping to buy many cheap components and make a few special modifications. And there's always the dealers room too. I'd have had plenty of time if not for the moving. Gr.

14. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Yeah, I can see how the whole moving thing would screw up your plans... It figures you guys would luck out and find a place right before D*C!

15. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    ok my costumes are coming together slowly. I got my bodice/corset today and a wig! I am going to love being a pirate wench! :D

16. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Moving is a pain.

On the one hand, my pirate costume is so very cobbled together - I still have to tear up a cheapo bodice and resew it, and tear up a skirt and resew it as well - only my sewing supplies are in a box on the bottom of a pile. Parts will be bought in the dealers room.

On the other hand, I found my e-ticket confirmation for our flights, so I know when I'm going again.

Gah. And I totally forgot to RSVP for the fan force dinner thing - is anyone else going?

17. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I decided against it because of the time it's scheduled. I will be working the FF table though at some point... which reminds me, I need to sign up for that!

I'll post a link to the sign-up thread if anyone else is interested.

18. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I'll sign up after I know what the schedule is. Don't want to miss Spike or Peter Woodward! Or get up too early for that matter.

On another note, can someone make some flyers? I'm afraid I won't have a chance to do it before I go!

19. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I was going to try and get some flyers together... I'll add it to the 'to do' list.

Here is the link to the FF table sign-up thread.

20. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    where is everyone getting together when we first get there or are we just going to leave messages at the message center to find each other

21. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Well Sha, we will all have to meet up since you will have stuff of ours in your car! ;)

We are getting there Thursday night, don't know the exact time, I estimate 8ish. We should definitely all meet up some time that night!

22. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    1 week to go!!!!

my first convention! I hope I survive!

23. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    You will survive, but you will never be the same... Mwahahahahahaha!

24. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!

25. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Even he is powerless to help you.

You can't resist the dark side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.