Wash, DC Dragoncon 2005

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Twilight, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    I'm curious, who else is going? I know Eugenia and Ken and Sarah, but who else?

Also, I've never been to a Dragoncon. How've they worked autographs in the past? There are a few I'd like to get.
  2. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I didn't do the autographs at Dragon Con so I have no clue, but what hotel are you staying at Chrissy?

I also can not stress the importance of BYOB to the Hyatt Lobby bar. I swear they triple charge for drinks there. If you could, I would also say bring your own cooler to the hotel room. It's a god send.

But do be a dear for me and grab me a M2 Parks Saber while your there! ;)

[face_laugh]
  3. Darth_Minx Jedi Master

star 4
    Not this year, but we're hoping for next year. Last year they had some autographs for sale in the exhibit room or something (they're not pre-autographed, they just cost money). I got Chewie there. I don't know about the rest of the autographs as I didn't bother.
  4. ecila Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi,

I will be there and I am staying at the Marriott. I would definately be interested in hanging out!

Are you dressing up?

:)

ecila
  5. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
  6. PlayzOboe Jedi Knight

star 2
    My best friend Misty will be with me! Still working on the hotel thing...easier now since we'll be splitting the bill.

Sarah
  7. Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Knight

star 2
    I won't make it until 2006 which means you'll have to go back next year.

I know that'll be a burden, but you all will just have to suck it up. :)
  8. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm in the same boat as you Charles, between CIII and the fact I start classes the week before, I'm going next year as well.

Infact I'll be booking my room very very soon. On the brightside, I get a whole year to bang out hopefully 6-10 NEW costumes just for Dragon Con. :D
  9. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Got my plane tickets today, and by gum if I don't go to the Coke museum on Monday, I'll never go.

I never do autographs, but from what I recall, you just go stand in line.

More importantly, is anyone driving? And do you think Ken could get away with wearing the bucket on the plane?
  10. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Wearing it ON the plane?

[face_worried]

I dunno.
  11. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Now are we talking THE bucket?
  12. ecila Jedi Knight

star 2
    And what exactly is this Bucket being spoke of???

When is everyone getting in? We are most likely taking the 9 PM Independce Air flight down on Thursday night and heading back Monday afternoon. If anyone is going on that flight - send me a line - I will definately be ready to start the dcon party on board! Woohoo! ;)

Also, where is everybody staying? We are at the Marriott.

:)

ecila

13. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    I'm taking a delta flight and will be arriving Thursday afternoon (I plan on registering as soon as I get in....Yes, I have my post card already.

By the way, The Bucket is part of a parody costume that Ken, our Chancellor, has created.

14. Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll be at DragonCon...of course. Wouldn't miss it. I'll be hauling Snowtrooper and TIE Pilot armor, a Mrs. Incredible costume, a vampire costume, my Mama Morton dress... and maybe a few others. Do you think that will be enough? [face_thinking]

Unfortunately, the Lancaster County Garrison costumes won't be ready until next DragonCon, so we won't be able to ask the immortal question, "Can you peace bond my hoe?" until next year. Sigh...

-Lori
  15. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I thought we were mkaing the Lancaster County Garrison costumes for Far Point? Did I miss something? Being the only garrison member from PA, you guys need to keep me in the loop, Amish quilts don't just make themselves you know. ;)
  16. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm gonna be there :D [face_devil]

And you can ask Heather about my costume [face_blush]
  17. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    We'll have to have an Amish Road Trip to do "research" sometime after DragonCon.

We arrive in Atlanta around 2 on Thursday, and leave at something crazy like 10:30 pm Monday. Anyone who wants to hit the Coke museum on Monday, let me know.

And we're at the Hyatt as usual.
  18. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh by the way, I just got some disturbing news, it seems there is some fellow carida members who actually live in Lancaster Count who want to do a Amish Garrison. We so need to get our garrison up and ready very soon to keep up with those Amish!! [face_laugh]
  19. PlayzOboe Jedi Knight

star 2
    We're staying in the Hilton (only place with a room left) and I'll have flame handmaiden, White Eowynish, Arwen Arch and Childlike Empress from the Neverending Story, Misty will have White Eowynish and Cut Family dress from AOTC. Finally got plane tickets, going to get tickets from Ticketmaster I suppose now. Arriving around noon on Friday, Misty is arriving around 4p on Friday and we're leaving around 6p on Monday. I'd arrive on Thursday, but the whole school thing yanno?

Sarah
  20. Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Knight

star 1
    Maleficent wrote: "...it seems there is some fellow carida members who actually live in Lancaster Count who want to do a Amish Garrison."

Yes, but are they using real quilts? ;) And are their hoes peace-bonded?

-Lori
  21. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5

[face_laugh]
  22. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    It depends.

When you travel in Lancaster there is a route to follow. First you start with Bird In Hand for a little while. Ideally, Intercourse would be next. However, if your stay is too short you might wind up with Blue Ball.

Traveling in Pennsylvania gets me hot!!!

:D
  23. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Ken invoked Amish Garrison as we drove back from Maine. He kept saying "We ain't paying that toll, English!" as we approached that pointless Delaware toll.

He got a new jumpsuit today for the buckettrooper and my sewing machine is back from the shop. Life is good and DragonCon is in 11 days.
  24. TK813cricket Jedi Knight

star 1
    Heya all!

Anyone who is there on thursday night, Garrison Tyranus will be meeting in the Hyatt Bar, so be there!

Cricket
  25. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Have fun everyone, have a few drinks for me while your all there. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.