main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Dragoncon 2005

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Twilight, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    have a drink for me, too!! I might be there next year though. :)

and have fun!!

*wipes tear as she remembers Dragon*Con 2003*

2. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    MIGHT!?!

How many times do I have to tell you that your going next year Liz. Even if that means I'm dragging you kicking & screaming all the way to Altanta. ;)

Now we need to get you some new costumes for next year.... I still think you would make a great Visas.

3. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Ok, for all you coming back, I want pictures and stories. And if there were any "what happens at Dragon*Con, stays at Dragon*Con" moments, I want video! [face_laugh]

Seriously, I hope you all had a blast, and I can't wait to see the pics and such.

4. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Here's mine:

Dragon*Con 2005 Pics

Lotsa drinking, laughing, and kilt checking. ;)

Ask Ken about his "elbow". [face_laugh]

5. PlayzOboe

PlayzOboe Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    Had a great time in between the nightmares at D*C For those who don't know: I wasn't around on Saturday at all because I got an eye infection, and then Misty ended up in the ER because she passed out. Sunday night we made an appearance in costume at the Hyatt for the Spat-Off and around 3a I got a call saying she had passed out again and was back in the ER. I got there, found out that she had been intubated because she wasn't really breathing and a host of other things. I stayed with her until around 1p and went back to the hotel to pack up, check out and go back to the hospital. They released Misty and we went to the airport. Around 11p when she was supposed to arrive her dad called me and told me she had passed out again on the plane and was taken to a hospital in Phoenix. Last I heard she was still unconscious but OK.

Please keep her in your prayers. She and I both thank everyone for the great time that we had while there. We have lots of pictures and great memories. Hopefully we'll BOTH be back next year.

Sarah

6. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Oh my! She seemed ok at dinner - I'll be thinking about her, Sarah!

I has a much better time this year than last year - much better organized or something, so the hassles were minimal. Hopefully, got some good pics.

And now, I'm sick. All worth it.

7. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    It was great seeing you and Ken.

[:D]

I still can't remember the story with Ken's elbow. [face_laugh]

8. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm still trying to get home :( I am quickly growing to hate airports [face_not_talking]

9. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    You're still in ATL? :eek:

I hope you get home soon. Be safe.

10. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Took me more than 13 hours to get home from Atlanta today... Started at 6AM ET... Got to the Denver airport at 4PM MT... Got home at 5PM MT... ZOO is not a happy bunny [face_tired]

Next year... I am getting in Thursday night and leaving Monday afternoon... It just wasn't worth staying over Monday night :( :p

11. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    The important thing is that you got home safely. ;)

I flew in on Thursday and left Monday.

12. Darth_Twilight

Darth_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2005
    Kory and I got home just fine. No cancellation, not like our flight out. Thanks Eugenia for suggesting taking the subway to the airport. I recommend the subway to everyone to and from the airport. Only cost about 2 dollars each!

My first Dragoncon. There were some fun times, but also frustrating times. By about Sunday I just about gave up and hung out with Kory watching movies and stuff. The crowds were pretty rough, at least my opinion, and I just didn't want to swim through them again toward the end. I do have to say, however, I'm very impressed with how well run the con was!

And I STILL didn't get Ray Park's autograph! Its becoming a saga now, LOL.

Sarah, I hope that Misty recovers well. I had no idea that she was still unconscious. Possitive energies toward her and hopes of full recovery. *hugs*

Oh and I'm sick. I'm not sure it was a strange unwashed nerd, but my spousal nerd who gave it to me, LOL. Kory was sick before the con and I think I finally got it from him. Oh well. *sneezes*

13. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey Eugenia & Chrissy I hope you both get well soon. I know all too well what's it's like going to a major con only to come home sick as a dog. I think on the drive home from CIII Joe thought I was going to die! [face_laugh]

14. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Best way to avoid "Con Crud"?

Airborne... It's this new supplement (you can find it at Wal-Mart & such)... We've affectively tested it at more than a few cons and walked away clean of the germs... And I spent time walking through the "Hall of Virgins" on many occasions this weekend ;)

15. ecila

ecila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Hey peeps,

I had so much fun, and we made it home safe, sound and pretty quick (yay for Independence Air!)

Definately learned a lot about what I liked, didn't like, etc. Liked the costumes and contests, doing the Moulin Rouge thing, some of the tracks, working the Arms of Middle Earth table and the Rebel Legion photo shoot. Didn't really like the costuming tracks, elevator issues, my uncomfortable shoes, or the overall lack of readily available food! On Sunday, we figured out we had a fridge though, lol.

I miss being in costume already (time for some Renaissance Pirate action!)!! I have about 40 things I want to wear next year now!

Pics coming soon!

:)
    ecila

16. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    You were at the RL shoot?! :eek: I was one of the bucketless Chick Pilots! :D

17. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Chrissy, where the hell were you hiding? I didn't see you anywhere. :(

18. Darth_Twilight

Darth_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2005
    I was wondering the same about you, Joe! It was such a big convention, its no surprise that we ended up not crossing paths.

19. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    I also didn't see Roger there. He was in Steve & Rain's pics, though.

20. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    That's the thing about D*C - you can entirely miss folks for days on end!! It's a totally different bird than Farpoint or Shore Leave.

And I'm feeling much better. Or maybe it's the tequila from earlier. Or the joy of going back to work......

All I know is, it's time to start working on that pirate outfit....

21. PlayzOboe

PlayzOboe Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    Joe,

I tried to drag you over to us on Friday night but you were a little too busy ;-)

Sarah

22. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I meant to come over after the discussion was over but I forgot and we bugged out to go to a room party.

23. ecila

ecila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Hey ZOOfo-Dyas!

Very cool! I have a bunch of photos from the shoot that I will post soon. I was the Padme in the blue velvet robe and white nightgown.

:)
    ecila

24. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Ok everyone had a blast.... but....

Isn't time to start talking about D*C 2006 costumes yet!?! I know Chrissy & I are working on something but I seem to remember some beautiful drunken con talk at CIII about some costuming options as well...

25. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Yeah, how are we going to get a bunch of hoes to DragonCon, peacebonded or not? And where can I get overalls? And how does one make a fake beard anyhow?

Important questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.