main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN DragonCon 2005

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Vesper2112, Aug 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    September 1-5 in Atlanta, GA. Not too far away. ;) Anyway, several of us from Chattooine are going. We have a fan table lined up and will (maybe) share with the Birmingham FanForce. At least that's what I originally thought. Now it's the whole blamed state of Alabama! LOL.

Really though... Sarka? I've been trying to register over there so we can get a discussion going as to what they planned on doing. No matter what I do, it's not letting me fully register so i can post anything. I also can't get to any of their e-mail addresses. From what I've read, there doesn't seem to be much discussion about it. Is there anyway you could have them PM me or get on here to discuss? Thanks.

2. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    reprinted from the chattooine website:

We had a blast! I really didn't mind being at the table. Here we thought we were going to bored, so I brought Epic Duels with me (which was on the table all set up). No one ever played it! So many people were walking by and checking out the pics we had (I made a collage of the stuff we've done in the past) and getting business cards and playing with the lightsabers. I don't know if we'll see anyone new here because of it, but it was fun and the time flew by. Yogola helped man the table so I was able to get to the dealer's room to try and get a few autographs. Sadly, the plan to get a few autographs to raffle off for charity didn't do well. The people that were with the actor's (they all had one with them) balked at the idea because they were also donating to the Hurricane fund. BTW, autographs were $20 this year... each! Adds up quick! Later on, Mark (Azreal) came by and demanded I go see the Firefly panel. I thanked him and took off. Thanks again! Steve Sansweet appeared out of nowhere and talked with me for awhile. I got a pic of us in front of our table, but we're sadly blocking it... Anyway, he got our business card and expressed how great it was that we had a group in Chattanooga. He was surprised that Atlanta didn't have a table. Yeah... I told him I didn't know what was wrong with them. No... I said we talked, and we plan on splitting a table next year. BTW, the Alabama people never showed. If they were there, they never said anything. I met Greencat336 (Secretary and Treasurer) from the Pittsburg FanForce. We talked for a long time. Oh yeah... Layren? She's mad that you didn't make it down! You have some 'splainin' to do! I also met people from the New Jersey, Chicago, a few others... and yes... even Atlanta. Mearl was there and also a girl who sat at our table and make paper origami X-Wings out of those mini candy wrappers. You know... that variety pack with Hershey's chocolate, Krackle, Mr Goodbar... very small, but very cool. If she told me her name, I honestly don't remember. I hear so many names this weekend... they should know better than that! Anyway, Ben, Lelila, and their friends (one with an awesome Jayne hat!) were there. Too bad you couldn't stay, but glad you got to see the Firefly panel! eelem and his son dressed up in really nice (are you hearing the envy in my typing?) Jedi costumes with thier own homemade sabers. By Sunday, eelem submitted to his son's request and got him a Master Replica ForceFX saber (Anakin's), which fit as that was what he was dressed as!

So yeah... we stayed at the table most of the day and decided that we were going to leave the banner up and do whatever we wanted to on Sunday. But that's getting ahead of the story. Actually, most of the rest of Saturday is still a little blurry (thanks superrepus and friend)... No, actually, after changing out of the costume, superrepus, his friend and I went to a horror short film festival. That was some truly sick and demented stuff... I loved it! After that, we just chilled watching all the crazy late-night stuff that goes on at cons. I finally had enough after being awake for 24 hours straight and crashed.

The next morning, I hot the exhibitor's room and saw a bunch of other things I wish I could buy. They had some Master Replica's saber there and I know they sold well, because lots and lots of people were thrilled to play with the one I had on our table on Saturday. On Sunday, I saw a whole lot more around! I should have asked for a commision! Anyway, went to a few panels. Saw the Firefly cast again. Tried to watch a "how to" on making Imperial costumes. It was focused on the soft costumes, so it wasn't what I was thinking, but it was still interesting... at least I think it was because I was falling asleep. Oh yeah! I need some food! I found a McDonalds and all was well. Alot cheaper than trying to eat in the hotel! Stuck around a little longer than decided to head back before it got too dark.

I might think of more later, but I think that's it for now. If you plan on going nex

3. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Hiya from Pittsburgh (its got an 'h' on the end Vesper ;) )

I had a great time chatting with you folks! How nice that your booth was right next to the Arms of Middle Earth's.

DragonCon was an incredible amount of fun and I'm hoping to get down there again next year. Maybe next year Layren will be able to fit me into her schedule [face_mischief]

Since I went to DragonCon with a LOTR fan and spent much of my weekend with LOTR folks, I decided that one of my costumes would be a hobbit Jedi. Here's her 'mission report' about the cultural exchange between Middle Earth and the Republic.

Epic Duels is one of the best games ever invented. Perhaps next year we'll play a game or two. Maybe bring it to the 'Star Wars Cantina' gathering.

4. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    D'oh! I knew that... (about Pittsburgh) [face_whistling]

It was great meeting you and YES... we'll have to sync our plans next time. I had fun and everything, but I felt like I missed so much. Even though we had that Epic Duels game out there the whole day... I never got to play it! LOL.

Yeah, we'll drag Layren with us next time. She cannot escape her destiny....

I watched Return of the King - extended version today. The LOTR stuff at DCon was just too wonderful. It was great being next to all that great LOTR stuff. They had a really nice raffle going on. I really want to do an Eomer costume. Heck... there's lots of costumes I want to do... Firefly, Stargate, (of course) Star Wars... (sigh)

Anyway, as much fun as it was to have a table for our little group here, [face_idea] I think it would make sense to have a all inclusive FanForce table next time. Something to represent ALL the FanForces. I think we as a Star Wars community would be better off joining up for events like this. But we have a year for that... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.