main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Dragoncon 2007

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by twilek69, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediCirrus

JediCirrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    LOL

That was me that posted that on the 70th Explorers Garrison!! [face_laugh]

I'm talking with some people 501st wide at the moment. It looks like it will be a go. Hopefully by next week all the plans will be finalized and I can get my plane tickets.

It turns out that one of the guys I trooped with at VisionCon may end up going.

2. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    hehe, I didn't know your screen name over there. LOL

I am glad it is working out. We will all have to meet up there. There is talk of a Fan Force dinner one night, so that might be fun. :D

3. JediCirrus

Oct 25, 2002
    It looks like since a roommate won't be an issue, I'll plan on flying in on Thursday and out again on Monday.

4. JediCirrus

Oct 25, 2002
    Roommates verified!!! Staying at the Marriott Marquis.

Next item on list, plane tickets. Then, I need to get to work on my Han costume!!!

5. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Woohoo!! Party!! LOL

The four of us are staying at the Hyatt. And I need to get started on my next costume also.

6. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Me too, my next costume and the one after that. Thanks to Frank I am making great headway on the trivia questions for the MOTF Star Wars Trivia Contest. Also, well underway the numberous prizes/awards I am "in charge of". It should all actually be done by Dragoncon. (Thank goodness I have eight months to do it in). :D

7. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I am slowly gathering all the info I need to make my Shaak Ti headpiece much improved this time around, but I still have along way to go on actually finishing even one costume. Ugh!
    I am just going to concentrate on Shaak Ti for now and if the other costumes fall in place as I go along so be it. LOL!

8. Gabrin_Kinoda

Gabrin_Kinoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2006
    B and I are over at the Marriott again, too. They have the best beds...

9. Darian_Ordo

Darian_Ordo Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2006
    Feeling the pressure......Need time off......Must work on costumes......want to sleep.....Oh waite. I still have several hours of work left. Damn! Oh well, Maybe I will be able to get some work on my snow trooper done this weekend at the armor party unless I get fragged into working the weekend because of the fishing classic. There are rumors of a new schedule comming out for the end of the week. Don't know how they are going to do it unless they are willing to pay overtime....which they arn't.

Endor Rebel is still in the planning stages, Fallen Jedi is done, Mando is in the reworking process, and a man called Jayne is also in the planning stages. Darn the no money problem.

10. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Work? Money? Are these things important? LOL :p

I seem to have a severe lack of time. And many costumes that I want to do...

11. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Richard Hatch has been added. I talked to him briefly while at the con last year. He is such a sweet, down to earth guy and still hot!

12. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    For all those going to Dragoncon..please read this. A very good, funny and important post.
    http://community.livejournal.com/dragoncon/993919.html

13. Gabrin_Kinoda

Jan 2, 2006
    Ah, where was that post this time *last* year? ;) B and I got hit up by one of these guys five minutes after checking into the hotel that Thursday afternoon. He wasn't that obnoxious, and we did give him a couple dollars. But after a while, we quickly learned he wasn't the only one at that 'game' and it got easier to tell the other ones to fark off.

14. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    I did this when I was a 15yr old punk trying to get into a punk show down at Mississippi. I was not homeless and though I did not have an official job, I did babysit for money. I think we scared the tourists into making us go away more than anything. LOL! Since I know the drill I don't give money. I will however offer money when someone needs change for the bus (and is obviously getting on the bus). I believe I got to pay it back some way. I don't want Karam biting me in the butt for this one.

15. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    It's about time for them to announce someone new...it's been awhile. Where are all of the freaking LOTR people?

16. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Or an even bigger question... where are all the Star Wars people???? But I agree it is time for them to announce someone new.

17. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Anne McCaffrey has canceled. Isn't suppose to be going the other way?? Where are our guests? LOL

18. Gabrin_Kinoda

Jan 2, 2006
    Bleh...what a craptastical guest list...

19. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Wow! Isn't she a really big draw every year?. I wonder why. Hmmmm....

Yeah and it has been FOREVER since they added a new guest. Ugh!!!!

20. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Craptastical....awesome...love that word!

Uh...where the heck is Craig Parkere nowadays? He was the con king!

21. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    We are flying!!! Leash and I found tickets thur Delta for $168 round trip! Yay!! :D

22. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Yay! Now to get sewing. Ugh! LOL!

23. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Hmmm...I never noticed this before. I wonder if it's a nice quiet yoga sort of deal or sitting in chairs getting lectured. Still...could help with the smoking...or not.

Virginia Hey's Visualization Meditation Workshop

Virginia Hey's meditations teach you to de-stress, focus, heal, keep you positive and make you feel blissful. For all adults and all religions. Perfect for beginners to highly experienced lightworkers. Virginia will teach you to focus on an inner environment then guide you to self heal, or self motivate. You can change the very core of your thought and motivation structure and tap into your command center! Meditation can be used to help with insomnia, to help heal oneself of a specific illness, to charge oneself with more self confidence, to focus on a specific goal or direction, to remove a habitual behavior like nail biting, cigarette smoking, alcohol abuse, over eating etc.

Two hours $30
    Tickets available at Virginia Hey's table in the Walk Of Fame.

The workshop is a simple form of instruction that includes an hour's discussion followed by a one hour guided meditation. A Certificate of Completion will be awarded at the end of the workshop to each student.

For more information, email: meditation@whiteflowerlei.com.

24. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    This is the part I need... :p

25. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    OMG!, OMG! OMG! Dragoncon listed three new guests today. Ugh! It is about time!!!
    Ann C. Crispin (SW author, Paradise Snare, The Hutt Gambit and Rebel Dawn, 4 Star Trek novels and other Sci=Fi/Fantasy books). I like her writing style and actually own all three SW books, but were are the SW acting guests????

The other guests are:

John Wesley Shipp, actor who protrayed Barry Allen on the Flash tv series and a whole bunch of soaps.

and Arthur Sudyam, Marvel Zombie cover artist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.