main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Dragoncon 2007

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by twilek69, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Leash and Amy, since you two were still out on sunday at 1am (going into monday) did you see the pepper spray incident or snap any photos. The guy is making a plea (over on livejournal) for anyone who saw it or has video. He is looking at two years in jail for assualt on a police officer.

2. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I didn't see or hear any of it. We were probably downstairs, outside, or at that 501st party. I had no idea it had even happened until you guys told us the next day. Crazy. You know it was probably a mixture of angry/tired cops and drunken morons tired of being told where they can/cannot stand. Probably one of those things were all parties regret their actions.

3. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Wow! No I did not see any of it. I have a friend who just lost a court case with the Sauget police. He was pulled over for a DWI, but was beaten up pretty bad for no reason other than the fact that he was guilty of the DWI. This is not the first incident in Sauget either. I am saddened when this happens as who do you turn to when justice does not prevail??!!

4. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    So where is everyone's pictures??? I know I am not alone in having some... :p

5. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    I think I only took like 6 pictures since I did more video this year. You know, once you get a picture of one hot guy, well...then you want in in moving pictures. :D

6. Gabrin_Kinoda

Gabrin_Kinoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2006
    Yes, we got back alright! We were going to spend Monday night in Paducah, but we decided to just push on through and got home at 1:30 Tues morning.
    Last night was the start of my bank's 150th anniversary celebration (www.rootsnbluesnbbq.com). I put in about 12 hours working it yesterday (about 8 hours outside!), so I'm completely exhausted now. And sunburned!

I'm still working on getting all our pics on photobucket...I will update when it's done! Christine and Leash: sorry we didn't get to see more of you at DCon! Maybe better if we stay in the same hotel next year? :)

7. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I only took a few pics since my memory card was full. Ugh! I will load them once I get a computer with a USB. Ugh again!

Susan, don't worry about it. I just wanted to give you crap. We will just have to hang out soon! Sounds like you could use a break.

8. Gabrin_Kinoda

Gabrin_Kinoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2006
    Gah! You have no idea! The funny thing is, before DCon, I promised one of the guys in the 70th Explorers that I would make his Imperial Officer for him once I got back. I got online Tuesday afternoon and he IM's me, "so, you ready to do my Officer?" I'm like, "DUDE!!! I just got home! Give me a couple of days of NOT sewing before I start on something new!" [face_laugh]

9. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    You'll have to help me with an imperial officer at some point. No hurries for me though. ;)

10. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Jon, I have mine done if you need any help. Debuted it yesterday, and it went over very well. :D

11. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    It always seemed like a fairly straightforward costume. Nice change from so much of what I've worked on....

12. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Remember this guy? Mmmmmmm... Laura and I saw him when we stored our luggage. He had a box and told us it was full of dead fish. Then he started laughing. LOL!
    Hot sword guy

13. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    hehe, I found his myspace page. He was in the running for hottest guy at the con. *waves self with fan... :D

14. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    What was refreshing about him, was that he was just as good looking on the inside as he was on the outside. (how unusual, you can be pretty without being a jerk.) He was really friendly and seemed genuinely like a nice guy. (oh, and what a body, and this time I actually made it all the way up to the face. :p )

15. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    You found his myspace page? I want that link! LOL

16. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    HAWT Sword guy is Right!

17. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Did anybody go to see Voltaire?
    If so, how were the shows?

18. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    I've never seen Voltaire, but I know that they seem to be very popular which usually means good...in most circles.:)

I think it's time for the DragonCon 2008 thread to begin. Muwahahahaha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.