main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO DragonCon 2008

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Dagobah_Diva, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    A stormtrooper in a hula skirt, hawaiian shirt and lei beckoned us. I can't remember if we were wandering looking for a party or if they were on our floor. It was comical and kind of surreal too.

2. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I thought we ran into him downstairs. Hmmmm. I do remember that stormtrooper though. Oh well, I can't be expected to remember or be accountable for anything that happens after 3:00am.:confused:

3. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Alicia and I were discussing Dragoncon and she decided she wants me to make her a manga costume for her to wear there. Someone called Tenma from School Rumble. Looks easy enough, but we shall see (since I am not that skilled of a sewer).

4. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Adam Baldwin and Aaron Douglas:) What are the chances that Nathan Fillion will follow Adam Baldwin?

5. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Laura, you will have to show me a pic. I so old and clueless. LOL!

Nathan is on Desperate Housewives now, so I doubt he would come. If he did I would wait in 4 hour long lines for him. He's so dreamy. =P~

6. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    ok Leash, lets see if this works, she is the one on the left. http://abma.x-maru.org/images/view/000383/tenma_yakumo.png
    http://theempire.com.au/images/2005-09-09/Tenma%20Tsukamoto%201%20to%208%20Scale%20Figure.jpg
    http://www.hk-gensen.com/gallery/schoolrumble_TT/tenma.jpg
    Did you all see Nathan in the movie Waitress, he was really good.

7. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Oh! That'd be a really cute costume! Make one in my size LOL!

I STILL haven't seen Waitress. I'm such a slacker.

8. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    I haven't seen Waitress yet either. That would be a good date movie I am guessing. LOL!

That is a cute outfit Laura! I would look around, you might be able to find a skirt like that for her already made.

9. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    Um no, I would not describe Waitress as a good date movie. Its a story about a gal who makes pies. She is married to a jerk who beats her and is really really mean. So, she has a affair with Nathans character, who is her OBGYN doctor and is married. After all she goes through some of lifes trials she comes out the other side a strong independent woman. So its really more of a chick flick than a date movie. :D

10. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Ahhh! I will have to pay per view it then and watch it alone.

11. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
  12. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Yes you must! See it is just a matter of time before a guest reels you in and then once you go you return for the party. LOL!

13. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    So far it is a nice guest list. I might have to rethink this...

14. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Airline tickets are still cheap. :) Hurry up with the tax return! Agh!

15. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Ray Park was added today along with Don S. Davis (General Hammond of Stargate) and Morena Baccarin (Inara from Firefly). This is exciting! D*C's guest list is coming along a lot better than last year. Yay!

16. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    I saw this on live journal and thought I would repost it here.

Project Fiver* - Petition goes Public
    (x-Posted from my LJ)
    A simple request for someone who gives a lot to DragonCon. This will just take a moment of your time.

Many of you may know my wife, Melissa Kern (hazelrah1). She has helped out with the Tolkien and Young Adult Literature tracks for many years, in addition to helping plan the HP Yule Ball and (in)famous Pirate Party. She even appeared in a well-known DragonCon TV commercial. But she has received some grave news from her doctor.

( Project Fiver Continues... )

If you wouldn't mind, please Go to ProjectFiver.com and sign the petition.

This petition has been going on in secret for a couple of weeks, and I just revealed it to her this weekend at her birthday party. Over 950 people have already signed it, and she was moved to tears. We have "Gone Public" with this now, so feel free to share the link with others openly.

17. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Wow! What a great husband and community! I hope she gets her wish! I signed.

18. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Me too. She looks really familiar. I think I've met her.

19. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Got my income tax return, which means I got my plane tickets and my badge.[face_dancing]Now hopefully I'll get the "economic stimulus" check before the end of August to pay for everything else. *Thank you to the government for paying for my vacation.* Oh, wait. That was money they took from me in the first place. Well, it's nice of them to hold it for me so I don't spend it.

20. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    I am starting a secret savings account and stocking away all my asthma study money for D*C. LOL! Flights are crazy expensive right now. I hope they go down. Ugh!

21. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Yeah, they jacked those prices up like crazy! Did you make it down to Georgia last weekend, Leash?

22. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    No, unfortunately last minute flights to Atlanta on Easter weekend started at $520.00. And I just couldn't stomach riding the greyhound for 10 hours there, spending 24 hours and then another ten hours back. Ugh! My family understood.

23. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Man, the Star Trek guest list is really growing, they added Worf (MIchael Dorn) today. I wish they would add some SW guests. Ugh! Didn't we run into this problem last year? Ah well the rest of the guest list is slowly shaping up.

24. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Sean Astin added today. Woo hoo! Hopefully he won't cancel again.

25. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    They need more Lord of the Rings people! They're snubbing an entire dorkdom community! I guess Sean Astin will have to do. :pWhere's Craig Parker?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.