main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

South East Dragoncon 2015

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Naeriel, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Naeriel

Naeriel Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2015
    The obligatory thread with the obligatory line -
    yo, whose goin'? xD

Actually booked a room this year. Last year, my boyfriend Jeremy and I traveled everyday on Marta to get there. It was pure misery and by the last day, we overslept and was like eff it, we're not going.

2. Lord_Kosh

Lord_Kosh Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2005
    I'm going... with one or two friends. Was there last year with one of the two friends... we stayed at his house about 30 minutes away. Got the tickets for this year at the cheap rate... YEAH!.

We were going to try to get a room on site this time (or within close walking distance. We waited too long. :(

So we will probably have to stay at his house again... but at least it will be free :) The irony (of sorts) is that the friend wanted to get something closer anyway, and use MARTA. I cringed at the thought of it (especially in a costume) since he has a house of his own not far away. A room on site in walking distance would be worth it, but renting something "close by' just to have to depend on the MARTA schedule seems like a waste to me. I'm sort of glad to hear I was right about the misery of using MARTA for the con.

Can't wait for DragonCon 2015...