main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DragonCon Luncheon

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by Minacia_Brightstar, Aug 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Greetings! :D

Members of the Hothlanta Rebels will be meeting for a 'luncheon' on the Saturday of DragonCon. We will be meeting in the lounge of the Hyatt Regency at 11:30 a.m. This time is subject to change if the Star Wars schedule changes. I'll keep everyone updated.

All Atlanta area Star Wars fans, as well as visiting members of other Star Wars fan clubs are invited to join us.

This is not a 'formal' event, so folks can just stop by to say hi or, better yet, sit down and eat some grub with us. :)

We will have a sign that will help people spot us easily.

If anyone has any questions, or if you just want to let me know you plan on dropping by to meet us, feel free to contact me via e-mail (minacia@fanforce.net) or private message.

I'll see everyone at DragonCon! :)

2. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Mandy...you might just be heading on over, but you should consider adding this announcement in the FanForce Community page, as well.

I hope lots of folks can come and say hi during DragonCon!

3. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    I too think we need to put this on the mainboard. I'll also make an announcement during the panel that I am on to swing by and join us as well.

4. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Who says you can promote your luncheon during the panel? Hee, hee, just kidding. Unfortunately, I'll be counting auction money during that time :-( But maybe if I finish up early, I can stop buy and say hello. We want to try and start a FanForce club in Charleston, SC, so I definitely want some pointers.

Thanks,
    Janet

5. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I hope you do get a chance to stop by and visit with us, Janet. :)

Ian, I love your sig! [face_laugh]

I've posted another thread announcing the luncheon on the FanForce community board, and I've also let the other city reps know, so they can pass the information along to their groups. I will also send the information to Hama so he can post it on the FanForce webpage.

6. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Oh no! I hope I'm not censored too badly during the panel ;)

BTW Mandy, you're the best! You're doing a great job in getting our group together. Whether we are mega organized or not...you're still doing a fantastic job!

7. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    [face_blush] Aw shucks! Thanks, Ian!

I couldn't do it alone. You guys have been a big help! :D

8. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Maybe I'll stop by for a visit. BTW I'll be in Atlanta from the Toronto Chapter.

9. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    If you've got something official you'd like me to post, go ahead and send it to me. I'd like to have any Dragon*Con info posted ASAP. Same goes for anything the MOTF staff wants me to post.

10. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Wow...an international visitor! I've heard about you Toronto types. :D

I look forward to meeting you!

11. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    I'll be looking forward to meeting y'all. Will hopefully be at DC...visiting from the DFW FanForce!

12. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Look forward to meeting you Nabooty_Call (love the name by the way). See you at DragonCon.

13. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I will be seeing you at DragonCon along with a few more of the NYC Fanforce. I look foward to it.

14. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I can't wait to meet all the visiting SW fans! :D

15. Nillanator

Nillanator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    I look forward to meeting everyone there. I will be with MysterySith and crew from NYC. It seems there will be alot of people from here to meet. :)

16. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    I think we are going to have a blast at DragonCon. By the way, I am on a panel Friday evening discussing starting a fan club in your community. If any fan force folks want to drop by, I would appreciate the support (no throwing eggs or rotten fruit please). This is very cool that you guys are all coming and we look forward to meeting everyone and getting to hang out for a bit.

17. red_rose

red_rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    LOL! Hey what about sprinkles and doughnuts? ;)

18. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Sprinkles, Donuts, rotton eggs, Jedi Mind Tricks, they don't work on our panelists, only money is allowed to be thrown!

Make sure you get a door prize ticket at each panel you attend. We give something away after each panel. Not sure what will be given away at the fan club panel, but it'll be Star Wars and It'll be free!

New items, yes more items have been added the charity raffle. Our second drawing will be right before the fan club panel. You can check out a complete list of items at http://motf.newsdroid.com

If you have something you'd like to sell at our auction, email me at tuono@prodigy.net and I'll send you a copy of our auction bid sheets so you can fill the out ahead of time.
    We will have lots of items for auction for charity, but individuals can sell items for their own uses. We take a 10% fee for handling the auction, you get 90%. This is the only way we get funds to operate the programming so your making some money, but helping us out too!
    Thanks,
    Janet

19. Jedireject

Jedireject Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2001
    SPRINKLES!! Don't even get me started!

Jedireject
    TK1025

20. Gen. Madine's Hairpiece

Gen. Madine's Hairpiece Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 1, 2000
    DAMN IT!!!

I gotta work Fri-Monday so I can't go!!!

Have fun stormin' the castle!

21. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    That bites, Hairpiece! Sure you can't sneak away for a few hours for some Star Wars mayhem and mischief?

22. Chris Knight

Chris Knight TFN Humor Staff star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    We'll be there :D

23. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Aw man, GMH! I was really hoping that you would be coming to DragonCon. Burning X-Wings just won't be as fun without you around to supervise. :p

EDIT: I am really excited about meeting everyone else who is coming. :)

24. Inari_Icewalker

Inari_Icewalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2001
    Sounds like fun! Looking forward to it, see you there :)

25. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    It will be fun...if we don't get kicked out of the Hyatt. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.