main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Salisb, NC DragonCon was a BLAST!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RipRoar, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Josh and I went to DragonCon in Atlanta, GA and had a blast! Missed MagicVader while we were there - hope he had fun. We saw our friends w/ the 501st and CFF there - Mike was really great and I hope our friend Jada got some REST! DarthMacDuff - I took some pics of David Prowse for you - hope they turned out - wish you could have gone - and SlaveOne too (Too bad he had to work). Pics to come...

2. Darth_MacDuff

Darth_MacDuff Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2007
    I am afraid I would have been like a kid in a candy store down there. I was online looking at the people that were going to be there. I saw David Prowse, Peter Mayhew, Jeremy Bulloch, George Takei, Edward James Olmos, Lou Ferrigno, Walter Koenig, Richard Hatch, Tahmoh Penikett. I mean you had Star Wars, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica. What more could a sci-fi fan want?! Maybe I can think about going next year. You guys go in costume or not? Glad you had fun.

3. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Yes - very nice trip!

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Is "rest" what we're calling it these days. :p Blast isn't even a strong enough word for our experience. We had such a great time.

Here are most of our pictures from the Con. A few have been left out. ;) You'll understand the rest thing if you look at me in the picture of me, Luis and Steve Sansweet.

The best part for me was being included in the Slave Leia photoshoot. One of the girls is trying to get together all of Jabba's slave girls (Greeda, Lyn-Me, Rystall, Oola, Leia, Arica and Yarna) for a photoshoot at CV . . . whenever that is.

Now to start making pirate costumes for the RenFaire.

5. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Oh by the way - I HAVE TO SHOW YOU SFF's the pic I took of the "Hancock" movie costume pair of guys in orange suits - 1 standing - 1 not but VERY CLOSE from a certain scene in the movie that takes place in the prison...

OH MY...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.