Chatt, TN DragonCon

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Vesper2112, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'm heading down there on Saturday (the 4th). Anyone else going? The Hotlanta Rebels will be there, although I have no meeting set up with them or anything. I know they have a block set asaide for their annual "Mr Star Wars" contest (or something like that) so I might pop in and say hi and see if I can talk to Minicia Brightstar about what we're all up to.

The Episode III stuff that Steve Sansweet presents should be VERY cool. I'll try and gets all the free stuff they let me have.
  2. Layren Jedi Master

star 5
    I wish I could since it's so close. Unfortunately though we need to be unpacking one of these days ... hehee :p
  3. Southernjedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I wish I could. I got company coming in, and my wife's recuping from surgery so I'm tied to the home base.
  4. SarkaVrae Jedi Master

star 5
    My hubby and I have been debating going down. The major problem we have is our kid. I don't really want her there, but don't have sitting services for that long, ya know?
  5. SarkaVrae Jedi Master

star 5
    i actually wanted to work the table for an hour, but my hubby is not sure we'd enjoy it. I think it'd be a fun way to meet people
  6. drthmrl Jedi Youngling

star 1
    YAWWWWN.... man its been awhile since i been on the forum. but drthmrl is bacvk in the house. im heading down to dragoncon thursday and not leaving till monday. if you want to get together you can find me at the MOTF track most of the time. i might be at the holthlanta table working. if not one of those two places then ill probably be at the bar. you cant miss me. just go to www.hothlantarebels.com web site and you'll see me in the Mr.starwars section. yes, im thinking of going up and making a fool of myself infront of all my peers(stagefright) heheh
  7. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I ran by the Hotlanta table and told them what we were trying to do in Chattanooga. I wish I would have wrote down who I talked to, but anyway, they suggested I come back Sunday to talk with Minicia. Well, I only planned on the one day, but I think we already know what to do. Sorry I didn't see you DrthMrl. I stopped by the MOTF room, but I think it was in between things. I felt a little sick around 8:30 so I decided to drive home. I was hoping to stay until at least sometime after 10:00 as I was supposed to meet up with Billy West (cartoon voice over guy).

I really, really wanted one of those Master Replica sabers. Those are so cool! At $109.00... that's not bad, but a little steep for what I had at the time. I did pick up the new Star Wars minitures game starter pack and a couple boosters. Just adding to the collection of Star Wars related games that we could maybe put to use sometime. Anyway, I had a great time (until I got sick - I think I stayed in the dealer room too long). A pop-tart will only get you so far during the day. I've got loads of pictures I'll bring to the meeting.
  8. Layren Jedi Master

star 5
    A pop-tart will only get you so far during the day. I've got loads of pictures I'll bring to the meeting.

Poor Vesper -- perhaps you should have eaten a heartier breakfast ;) Hehehe. It's a beautiful day here in chattanooga .. man the weather here is fantastic. SO much better than stifling hot Montgomery where we didn't even really have winter last year.
  9. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'm originally from Chicago, so I'm still waiting for Winter! LOL. Really, I've been here long enough to have seen a few good ones, but it's hard to get used to it not being cold in late October. Halloween and football season should be fall weather!

Yeah, I felt bad for feeling bad (huh?) but I was able to get Daniel Logan and Ray Park's autograph. They were really cool. Jeremy Bulloch, Rena Owen, and Peter Mayhew was also there. You'd think the Empire was still in control with all the Stormtroopers around. Man, I'd love to learn how to make a costume like that. Someday... (yeah... in my spare time). Anyway, next year, I'm hoping to get a room at the hotel. I think having a place you can crash at and help avoid having to carry everything all day would help. Plus I would go for more than a day. Should've, would've, could've... There's always next year.
  10. SarkaVrae Jedi Master

star 5
    My hubby is from Atlanta, so we have lots of friends and family to crash with if we decide to go to DragonCon next year.
    Vesper--do you go by yourself or with family? That was my main delimma, as much as my kid would LOVE the star wars stuff, she would also be 40+ pounds of dead and whining weight when she got tired......not much fun for us.
    Has anyone been to the ChattaCon or any other TN Cons?
  11. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I went alone for this one. I was tempted to take one of the kids (since they would've been free) but glad I chose not to. I saw some kids there, but yeah... it would've got tiresome for the kids (and parents) real quick.

I havn't been to Chattacon... wait, I may have been to it once (or was it a Star Trek con...). Anyway, it's been awhile. I think once we get established, we should probably try and go as a group and even have a table to recruit. That's what the Hotlanta Rebels do at DragonCon. They are even in charge of a room with events all day called "Matters of the Force". I'm sure Minacia can help us out there. I think the 501st Legeion would even come down to storm (sorry) Chattanooga if we asked. Every saga has a beginning... We seem to have had several...
  12. skip1 Jedi Master

star 3
    did somebody say stormtroopers????????????

yea,we know about chattacon.a few of the georgia 501st guys ride up there but dont troop it,just hang out and party.we had thought about going but ended up going to shadowcon in memphis instead.

skip
    501st southern outpost xo
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.