main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Draigons" - JA Fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by dbkate, Apr 11, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbkate

dbkate Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2000
    Category: Story, Angst, Adventure
    Rating: PG-13
    Spoilers: For the J/A Books up to #4
    Disclaimer: The recognizable characters herein are the creation and property of George Lucas and ILM Inc. I make no claim to these as my own and no money will ever exchange hands for the telling of this story.

Feedback: Puleeeeze! Send to mailto:dbkate2@aol.com">dbkate2@aol.com or just hit "reply"

Summary: A not-so-simple twist of Fate leaves Obi-Wan fighting for his life against a foe he'd least expected to battle.

======
    DRAIGONS - Part One
    by DBKate, 2000
    dbkate2@aol.com
    =======

It was during the final stage of an eight-level kata, the one known as Reflection's Vision, when Obi-Wan Kenobi fell flat on his face. Titters of laughter echoed throughout the exercise room as he rose from the floor, flushed with embarrassment.

Obi-Wan stole a quick glance at his master who stood against the far wall, his arms folded across his chest -- his expression unreadable.

The young man swallowed hard, resumed first position and started over. One graceful turn followed another as six levels were smoothly executed and Obi-Wan took a deep breath when the seventh movement fell into place as he braced himself for the Force-enhanced somersault that would complete the exercise.

The young Jedi relaxed and opened himself up to the Living Aura that surrounded him, flew gracefully through the triple flip and landed neatly onto his mat. Quickly resumed first position and stayed there, trying not to smile too proudly.

Prepared to quit the position when a voice called out from directly behind him. "Again."

Obi-Wan blinked, then sighed. "Yes, Master."

Hesitantly, he repeated the exercise and landed with easy grace. Looked up, peeked at his master for approval, then flinched when he saw the tall Jedi shake his head with disappointment.

Qui-Gon walked up and gently took Obi-Wan by the shoulders. "No, padawan. You have to open yourself up to the Force from the very beginning of the exercise. It has to flow smoothly throughout, leading you up to the conclusion, not tapped into at the last moment."

He stepped back. "Again. This time without pause."

Obi-Wan obeyed, relaxed his muscles and freed his mind from conscious thought. Envisioned himself as one with the Force, flying as naturally as a bird through the air and was shocked to find himself in the final position before he'd even contemplated starting.

"Well done." Qui-Gon smiled and handed him a dry bathcloth.

Obi-Wan took the towel and wiped his face, still amazed. "Thank you, but someday I'd like to get it right the tenth time, not the ten thousandth."

Qui-Gon grinned. "How about getting it right the first time?"

"No, because then I'd scare myself." Obi-Wan laughed and ducked away from the large hands that playfully ruffled his hair. "Master!"

A series of lighthearted cuffs tapped against Obi-Wan's cheeks. "I think I'd be a bit fearful as well."

"Very funny." Obi-Wan scowled, but allowed himself to be guided out of the exercise room, a tiny smile creeping onto his features.

Followed his master down the Temple halls and back toward the door of their quarters. He punched in the code lock and watched as the door hissed open. stepping aside to let Qui-Gon enter first and he followed, prudently locking the door behind them.

Obi-Wan made his way into the dining area, grabbed a tray and peered into the cold'keep, hoping to see new and interesting food items magically appear before his hungry eyes. Unsuccessful in his search, he poured a cup of iced water for himself and a glass of juice for his master.

Placed them on a dining tray and made sure not to spill anything as he headed into the common area where Qui-Gon was sitting in his usual chair, a sly look gracing his features.

Obi-Wan set the drinks down and peered at Qui-Gon. "Master?"

Qui-Gon patted the seat beside him. "Put the tray down and sit, padawan. You do remember what today is, don't you?"

Obi-Wan felt his cheeks redden. "Yes." Wiped his face on his sleeve to hide the blush. "Hard to believe another naming da

2. Jedi Erica Amidala

Jedi Erica Amidala Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 1999
    Awesome! More!

3. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    more? please?

4. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    More! I had read up to the end of the next part, on some website that doesn't update often, so I have been waiting to see what happen for a LONG time now. So PLEASE hurry and get some more parts up!

5. Darth Tristeza

Darth Tristeza Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2000
    ARG!!! mad.gif mad.gif

I hope you posting this here means you have more than the first 3 parts written now...

I can't stand these cliffhangers!!!

Don't let the smile fool you. I'm upset, I really am.

6. Obi-wan's Padawan

Obi-wan's Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2000
    Wonderful story. I can't wait to see what happens next.

7. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Left the Jedi? How..why..where..
    I hope you give us answers to these and many more questions.

dbKate--post often, post soon.

8. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Please post more!!!! Whats Obi gonna do without Qui, I hope we find out soon!!!!!!

9. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Oooh, this is good! Why'd Qui leave the Jedi? I must know, so please post some more soon!

10. Obi-wan's Padawan

Obi-wan's Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2000
    Please post more soon. I going crazy trying to figure out what could possibly make Qui-Gon leave the Jedi Order.

[This message has been edited by Obi-wan's Padawan (edited 04-11-2000).]

11. dbkate

dbkate Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2000
    ======
    DRAIGONS - Part Two
    by DBKate, 2000
    dbkate2@aol.com
    =======

At the sound of Yoda's words, Obi-Wan flinched, as if he'd been struck.

His master . . . gone? Left the Jedi, never to return? Impossible, Obi-Wan thought frantically, even as Master Windu's grave tones echoed through the stately Council chamber.

"We'd been wondering about this for some time and now it appears that our worst fears have been realized."

"What?" Obi-Wan searched the faces surrounding him, all of them somber. "What have you wondered about? What has happened? Please, Masters . . . what has . . . "

Yoda peered at Obi-Wan. "Never told you of his home world . . . of his family, did Qui-Gon?"

"No. He . . . never . . . he . . . " Obi-Wan's voice trailed off and he bit back the tears that threatened to choke him. The dizziness grew worse, but he forced himself to remain in control ...

No matter what he discovered.

"Qui-Gon was born into the ruling clan of his home world," interrupted Windu shortly. "He is his father's only child and sole heir to the throne, as well as the entire planet's fortune, which is vast." He paused. "It had been agreed to shortly after Qui-Gon was inducted into the Jedi that upon his father's death, he would relinquish any claims to the throne and elections would be held to find the king's replacement, thus turning the kingdom into a democracy."

"Happened this has not," Yoda continued. "Upon hearing of his father's death, stayed Qui-Gon has -- assuming the throne and renouncing his knighthood. The information arrived this morning, via a holotape." The tiny Jedi master sighed deeply. "Feared this greatly we did."

Obi-Wan gaped, first at Master Windu, then at Yoda. "I ... I don't believe it," he stammered. "I don't believe Qui-Gon would go back on his word and I don't believe he would leave the Jedi." Imploringly. "Master Yoda, there has to be some mistake. Are you sure Qui-Gon sent this message?"

"No, no mistake." Yoda lifted a fold of his cloak and revealed a lightsaber hanging from his belt. "Received this with the holotape Qui-Gon sent." He lifted it and held it out to Obi-Wan who took it and examined it carefully.

The apprentice stared at the saber and immediately recognized it at Qui-Gon's own. His heart sank, for he knew that his master would have died before letting anyone take it from him by force. Thus, if the saber were here, that meant that Qui-Gon was either dead . . . or . . .

Obi-Wan's throat tightened. "No." Thickly. "I still don't believe it. There has to be some explanation for this."

Mace Windu stared at him. "Are you implying that we are lying to you, Padawan Kenobi?"

Obi-Wan raised his chin and met Windu's gaze. "There is a falsehood here, but where it comes from, I have no idea. That's all I can say."

A murmur sounded through the Council chamber and Windu's glare turned fierce. "Are you even daring to ..."

Obi-Wan shook his head violently. He knew he losing his composure in front of the Council, knew he was reacting with anger and fear, but he didn't care. Something was not right, no, not right at all. "I'm sorry, Masters, but you are wrong, all of you. Qui-Gon might leave the Jedi under some sort of duress, but he would never leave me, not without a single word as to why." He fought to control the trembling of his voice. "All of you are mistaken, and if I have to prove it, then nothing . . . "

"Padawan . . . " Windu rumbled, the hint of a threat clear in his voice.

Obi-Wan ignored him. ". . . nothing will stop me." He was babbling and his tears choked him, but he continued. "And I don't want another master, I refuse to take one and you can't make me, even if. . . "

"That's enough, Padawan Kenobi!" Windu cried, but Yoda held up his hand and motioned for silence.

"Fight amongst ourselves we cannot." He slid a glance at Windu. "Lost his master this young one did, compassion we all must show." The gnome turned his gaze toward Obi-Wan. "Believe you so strongly in Qui-Gon do you? Hmmm?"

Obi-Wan took a deep, shuddering bre

12. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    This is getting exciting, please post soon!!

13. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    Great story! This is where I have read up to, on another site, so PLEASE update, so I can see what happens next!!!

14. Mekial

Mekial Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 1999
    Qui-Gon left the Jedi? Yikes! Can't wait to see how this story turns out. Post!

15. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    Wow, that was awesome! King Qui-Gon, huh? Very interesting indeed. I can't wait to read more!

16. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    What can I say, exciting and suspenseful.
    POst, post, post more.

17. dbkate

dbkate Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2000
    Thanks to everyone for reading and all the lovely comments. You guys are wonderful!

======
    DRAIGONS - Part Three
    by DBKate, 2000
    mailto:dbkate2@aol.com">dbkate2@aol.com
    =======

The planet of Malastre loomed within orbiting distance and Obi-Wan closed his datapad with a sigh. His research into Qui-Gon's family history told him many things but not enough in regards to what he really wanted to know.

Such as the reason why Qui-Gon would leave him, the Order, and everything he knew and loved behind.

But the information Obi-Wan had gleaned during his few days of study was interesting in its own right. The Jinn Dynasty was nearly a thousand years old, coming on the heels of a great civil war that nearly tore Malastre apart. Qui-Gon's great ancestor, D'al Mor Jinn, was crowned emperor, but divided a good part of his power between the various ethnic groups that populated the far flung regions of the planet, allowing them to retain their diverse cultures, languages and religions.

In turn, these groups swore loyalty to D'al Mor and he ruled in peace for a good eighty years before passing on the yoke of royalty to his daughter, and so on, until Qui-Gon's father, Qual Den.

The Jinn Dynasty was also famous for its patronage of the arts, and public works flourished, especially during the reign of Qui-Gon's great-grandmother, Taal S'en. Jinn vases from that period were still highly prized, even as far away as the Outer Rim, where a large one in good condition could fetch a kingly sum.

Obi-Wan had no idea why his master never shared his famous legacy with him, but it didn't come as too great a surprise. Qui-Gon was a private man and notoriously closed mouthed about his past ... why, even Xanatos was a mystery until Obi-Wan had to practically drag the story out of him by force.

But not sharing one's life story was one thing.

Abandoning his student and life without a single word is another.

Obi-Wan slid into the captain's chair and turned off the automatic pilot. Soon, he was zeroing in on the capital city of D'almort, where he assumed the royal palace would be located. He aimed for the outskirts, hoping he could find a hiding place for the bulky transport cruiser he chose, avoiding any air guards that would no doubt be heavily concentrated over the capital city.

A large green spot came into focus on the viewscreen and Obi-Wan dove for it, hoping his rapid descent would fool any trackers that might be lurking in the lower atmosphere. A free-falling ship could be easily mistaken for a wayward asteroid or meteor, and Obi-Wan could then use Force to pull the ship out of its dive.

It was a bit more difficult than he'd anticipated, but Obi-Wan focussed all his energy on the ship's controls and ground to a bumpy stop, just short of a long line of huge junip trees. With a shaking hand, he wiped the sweat from his brow and activated the ship's cloaking device. He wasn't sure how long the power would last, hopefully it would be enough for at least a few days.

He made his way down the ramp, shouldered his small pack and checked his lightsaber before making his way toward D'almort, its white spiral towers in plain view. The ground was level and the walk would have been quite pleasant if Obi-Wan's mind wasn't racing as quickly as his heart.

What if Qui-Gon had really made up his mind to take over the planet's rule and didn't want Obi-Wan there? What if he had intended to leave all along and took his apprentice only because of pressure from the Council or some other outside influence? What if he regretted taking Obi-Wan as his padawan and this was the only way he could think of to sever the relationship?

Obi-Wan swallowed hard. No, it was impossible; these things couldn't be true. Qui-Gon wouldn't lie to him so, the truth was as important to his master as the Living Force, and why would he lie for two years straight, pretending to care for his padawan, when he could have just as easily ignored him?

Obi-Wan tugged at his cloak sleeve and felt around for the crystal dragion. It was smooth and warm a

18. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Interesting!!!! Please continue

19. Mekial

Mekial Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 1999
    eek.gif Woow! eek.gif

20. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    Woo Hoo! Another part! Keep 'em coming!

21. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    dbkate--ok the begging starts.
    Please post more soon. Please, please please

22. Fallon

Fallon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2000
    eek.gif Oh no! How will poor Obi-Wan get out of this one!? Ahh! Great story! Please, post soon and keep up the great work. The suspense! eek.gif

Fallon

23. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    More more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more!!!!!!!!
    Got that?

[This message has been edited by Bastet (edited 04-13-2000).]

24. Katri Tai

Katri Tai Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2000
  25. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Please write more! You have got a cool story going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.