main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Draigons" - JA Fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by dbkate, Apr 11, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norbooboo

Norbooboo Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2000
    please,please,please,please,please,please!!!
    I grovel therefore I am.
    I love this story!!!

2. Fallon

Fallon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2000
    We can't let this great story sink down where no one can read it! Up, story, up!

Fallon

[This message has been edited by Fallon (edited 04-15-2000).]

3. dbkate

dbkate Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2000
    Thanks guys! Here's a bit more.
    ======
    DRAIGONS - Part Four
    by DBKate, 2000
    mailto:dbkate2@aol.com">dbkate2@aol.com
    =======

Obi-Wan thought quickly. He could use Force to loosen the guards' grip on his arms and make a grab for his saber or he could wrench free and leap back over the wall to freedom, but either way, his chances of helping Qui-Gon would be dashed. He couldn't leave his master behind, not when he could feel the danger surrounding them and the wave of confusion and misery that came over their link spoke eloquently enough.

His master was in trouble, serious trouble, and Obi-Wan had to somehow find a way to stay with him. He dug his boot heels into the soft grass, trying to slow down the guards, but it was no use. The execution court loomed ever closer and his heart sank.

It seemed hopeless, until he heard a strong voice ring out.

"Stop!"

The guards came to an immediate halt and Obi-Wan found himself turned around roughly, surprised to see who had delivered the order.

It was Qui-Gon.

His master's eyes were still cold, but the confusion Obi-Wan had felt over their link was there as well. The tall Jedi strode up, closing the space that separated them and glared down at Obi-Wan.

"It just occurred to me that we have no idea how this intruder got past the gates." Acidly, and the guards holding onto Obi-Wan visibly flinched. "I find this an interesting question, as these gates are the only thing that stands between our safety and our death."

The tall guard to Obi-Wan's left blanched, then reached out and brutally cuffed Obi-Wan on the back of the head. "Tell his Highness how you got in, boy."

Obi-Wan grimaced as the sharp blow made his head ring. "I got in over that wall," he said, forcing a calm he didn't feel into his voice. He pointed to the far ledge.

Qui-Gon glared at him. "Impossible. No human could have breached that wall and there is no lift nor stairs that give access," he growled. "I say you can do better than that, boy."

Obi-Wan swallowed hard. "I am telling the truth your Highness. If you allow me, I can show you."

Qui-Gon snorted. "I see you take me for a fool, don't you? If you truly can leap over that wall, what will prevent your escape, eh?" He crossed his arms over his chest. "Very well, I say if you can get yourself over that wall, you'll have rightly earned your freedom." He turned to the guards. "Let him go."

Immediately, Obi-Wan's arms were free and he took a moment to rub some feeling back into them before glancing up at the far wall. He became nervous, it somehow looked higher than it did when he'd first scaled it, but he had no choice.

He took a deep, calming breath and allowed the Force to flow through him, just as Qui-Gon had taught. The air surrounding him grew warm and a second later, Obi-Wan found himself perched on the top of the high wall, his feet planted firmly on its stone edge. Taking another deep breath, he lightly flipped backwards and exhaled sharply when he landed back on the soft grass.

Rising, he turned back to Qui-Gon who stared at him, astonishment radiating from every pore.

A long moment of silence passed. Qui-Gon took a step forward and put his hand beneath Obi-Wan's chin, roughly tilting his face upwards. "How did you do that?" he breathed.

Steadily, Obi-Wan met his gaze. "My master taught me," he said truthfully.

Qui-Gon blinked. "Your master? What ... is he some sort of magician? What else has he taught you?"

The rough grip tightened and Obi-Wan averted his eyes. "No, not a magician." He hesitated. This was a dangerous moment. Whoever had done this to Qui-Gon obviously wasn't a friend to either his master or the Jedi, so admitting his true identity wouldn't be the wisest thing to do.

For either of them. "He is my teacher." Obi-Wan bit his lip and hoped that would be enough. He felt himself slowly released from Qui-Gon's grip and was relieved to see the anger in his master's eyes replaced by honest curiosity.

Qui-Gon regarded him thoughtfully. "We wish to see more of what this 'master' of

4. Fallon

Mar 31, 2000
    Whee, you've posted more! It's still magnifique as usual! I can't wait until Part 5! Keep up the great work!

Fallon

5. Katri Tai

Katri Tai Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2000
    This is a wonderful story I cant wait for more

6. Obi-wan's Padawan

Obi-wan's Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2000
    This is a great story. I am looking forward to your next post.

7. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Oooh, thank you thank you! This story is so very good! I can't wait for more!

8. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Fascinating idea, well-written, suspenseful, what more can I say? I hope Part 5 comes soon!

9. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Obi-Wan admitting to the king he was in search of his master, oh so sad.

How hard it must be for the poor boy.

Well done dbkate!

10. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    You said that death threats are welcome?

whistles to herself as she slowly sharpens her pitchfork

Please post soon, or I may have to start a lynch mob.

continues to whistle softly

11. dbkate

dbkate Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2000
    Wow! Thanks for those kewl death threats! Keep 'em coming.

======
    DRAIGONS Part Five
    ========

The sound of a tray dropping clattered through the room and Obi-Wan awoke with a start. Blearily, he knuckled sleep from his eyes and peered around his quarters. The sun was just starting to peek through the window shades and he sat up warily, squinting through the dim light.

"Opsie doosily," someone, or something, murmured and Obi-Wan's eyes widened when a small, blue-skinned Toydarian buzzed past, his wings a humming blur. "Dropsie do, I fear."

"Pardon me?" said Obi-Wan as politely as he could manage.

"Oh, you're awakey dodily." The Toydarian smiled and Obi-Wan grimaced at the sight of three tusks, brown and unevenly curved. "My, early it is." Another flutter of wings and the shade was drawn aside. "Time to rise soon anyway, I think. Upsy uppy, no dawdling ... no, no, not for our king, I'd say."

The creature dove toward the floor and rose, holding a battered tray and a teapot, its lid missing.

Obi-Wan blinked and rubbed his eyes again. "I'm sorry. But have we met?"

The Toydarian buzzed down again, retrieving a cup and saucer from the floor. "I'd say we have. We're talking, aren't we?" Another dive and this time, Obi-Wan's blanket was whipped away. "Upsy, uppy ... mustn't be late."

"Hey!" Obi-Wan yelped and shivered at the loss of the covers. "Who are you?" he growled.

The Toydarian hovered in mid-air, its silver crest flattened against its skull. "Your servant, young one," it replied with consternation. "Obvious, no?"

Obi-Wan crossed his arms over his chest and scowled. "If you're my servant, why aren't I ordering you around?"

The Toydarian laughed. "You are very funny, young one. Funny figgly so." He buzzed past and retrieved a small plate from the floor.

"Oh, bother it all." Obi-Wan swung his legs over the bedside and sighed. "Thank you anyway, but I really don't need a servant."

"Oh, yes you do," the Toydarian insisted and Obi-Wan ducked beneath a barrage of clothing that came flying over. "Summoned to court today you are, must get you dressed and ready."

"I'll wear what I came in," Obi-Wan grumbled as he shoved the pile of clothes aside.

The Toydarian's yellow eyes turned huge. "Oh, no. You didn't hear me, young one. You are going to the court of Qui-Gon Jinn, the Magestrix of Malastre, the King of the Lone Isla..."

Obi-Wan cut him off. "I've met his Majesty already and I don't think he'll care what I'm wearing."

The Toydarian buzzed up so close, his protruding nose nearly touched Obi-Wan's. "But the rest of the court might," he whispered meaningfully.

Obi-Wan's eyes widened. Perhaps this creature wasn't as foolish as he'd first suspected. "All right," he nodded slowly. "What do you have in mind?"

The Toydarian beamed. "Fit for a young prince, there is synthsilk and coronet, polytechmier and cottel, crimson rizsen sash and fine Bantha hide boots."

Obi-Wan grimaced at the items proffered, a black synthsilk onesuit, covered with crimson sashwork and silver piping alongside a pair of very soft, very expensive looking black boots, polished to a mirror-bright gleam.

To a Jedi, these clothes would be far too gaudy to even consider wearing, but if he wanted to hide the fact he was a Jedi ...

Obi-Wan cautiously felt beneath his pillow for his lightsaber. It was cool against his fingers and he nodded at the Toydarian. "Very well. When am I expected?"

The Toydarian grinned toothily. "At mid-sun, of course. The King himself doesn't rise until then on most days."

Obi-Wan's mouth fell open, then shut. "Fine," he sighed. "Guess I can't go back to sleep for a little while then?

Laughing, the Toydarian buzzed by. "You *are* funny," he snorgled. "Funny giggly figgly do." He hovered behind Obi-Wan and gave his shoulders a little push. "Clean up time! Hurry, mustn't be late, get washed and dressed and be ready now!"

Grumbling inwardly, Obi-Wan padded to the 'fresher, dragging a clean bathcloth and his new clothes behind him. He climbed into the stall

12. Rhui Chatar

Rhui Chatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 1999
    So good to see you writing here!

but you'd better be putting some energy in to some 'other' projects as well!!

Jeez, did you have to cut his hair and shave the beard off...

13. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    For some reason that Toydarian reminds me of Ned Flanders from The Simpson. Hey-diddily-Ho-Neighboorinos. cool.gif

Poor Obi-Wan! Now post more please.

still whistling with her sharpened pitchfork.

14. Fallon

Mar 31, 2000
    Dances happily Whee! You've posted more! Hahaha, heeheehee! Mesa happy! Can't you tell? Please, post more soon!

Fallon

15. Mekial

Mekial Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 1999
    gets a pitchfork and takes a seat beside mouse

Hehe. Yet the first recruit of the soon to be raving mob.

16. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    OooooH!

Obi-Wan better be careful that Qui-Gon dosen't turn towards the darkside!

17. Fallon

Mar 31, 2000
    Egads! What's this doing all the way on page five?? I know I've had to do this before . . . Up, story! Up to the top!

Fallon

18. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    I am truly enthralled by your story dbkate.
    Obi-Wan's jealousy at Qui-Gon's attention to
    Rynd just broke my heart. Well done!!

19. Rhui Chatar

Rhui Chatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 1999
    was it something we didn't say....
    please come back...

20. Katri Tai

Feb 26, 2000
    (Looking for new post...)
    Awwwww...

21. Katri Tai

Feb 26, 2000
    Still no post?
    Awww..

22. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    This is really good dbkate! Your descriptive imagery is outstanding!

Please post more soon!

23. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    MORE!!!

24. ObWanKenobeee

ObWanKenobeee Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2000
    PLEAE POST!
    This is one of the coolest stories ever!

25. dbkate

dbkate Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2000
    Mea culpa for the long wait guys. I threw my back out the week before last, so sitting up has been a trial, let alone writing.

But very soon, I promise! :)

Thanks for reading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.