Drama Queen or: How I spent my summer vacation

Discussion in 'Waco, Tx' started by Jedi_Kristen, Jul 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Kristen Jedi Master

star 2
    Hello everybody. Okay. After a long roller coaster of a summer I am finally back at my parent's home in Laredo.

So this is what happened because I'm not sure if I told everyone the story...not that everyone would care but hey it is kind of a cool story and it's not like I'm forcing you to read this and care, am I ya jerkasses!]

But I digress...so...I got to Laredo and the whole family situation was horrible. Nothing too bad just your typical kid-trying-to-be-her-own-person-parents-are-controling-type -thing. Anyway.

So I ask my best friend from Dallas to come and pick me up and let me stay with him cause I had this internship opportunity up there. So he comes picks me up and I go do my thing in Dallas. We also went to San Francisco for a few days and it was excellent. The best clam chowder bowls ever, period.

Anyway, everything was going great and my parents and i were figuring stuff out when on Monday night my friend's parents decide they don't really want me in their house anymore because they're just very private people. So I had one day to get cash to get to Waco. But...then I call home to let them know what's going on and before I can tell them I find out that my mother is sick. Turns out she has 60 percent blockage on her main artery and it's inoperable, meaning no possibility of open heart, nothing. diet and exercise is all she can do. So my friend and i scrounge a little money together and get to Waco, where John *my total Jedi knight-in-shining-armor* lent me some cash to get home.

Which leads me to the present where I have just gotten home. *btw: John, sorry I blew you off today online, but my mom needed me to get something for her and it took a while. my bad* Anyway, I wish I could have hung out in Waco with y'all but it just wouldn't have worked out that way. Anyway, my mother is doing fine and is keeping an optomistic desposition which is good. And I think I'll be here for about two or three weeks and then go back up to Waco. Either way, I'll be on the boards more than I had been.

I really miss you guys. And I look foward to meeting our new members too. All of y'all message me if you see me online. I hope to see you all again if the accident will.
  2. Darth_Mauled Jedi Master

star 3
    No prob, Kristen. I figured something came up while we were chatting.
  3. Flashbacca Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek: Kristen I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Keep up the optimism! They told my grandfather the same thing, and so far it has worked for him - that was 3 1/2 years ago. Stay in touch with us and let us know how things turn out and if we can help. We will see you soon.
  4. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    Kristen I'm sorry to hear about your mom :eek:

I hope she recovers quickly.

And we will be here when you finaly get back to town for good :)
  5. SaberKnights76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. If you need anything just give me a call.. Sorry I missed you when you were in town, I was out of town in Austin, just got back today.

6. Jedi_Kristen Jedi Master

star 2
    Thanks everybody. Mom is keeping a good attitude and totally changing her lifestyle by becoming a vegetarian. The odd thing is that the doctor says this is almost totally genetic. Only 20% of what's there is her fault and the rest is just genes. So I've decided to go veggie with her cause the doctor also said that it started for all of my family in their 20s. Just being safe. I miss you all. I'll be back in three weeks... and counting. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.