main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson drawing names for Christmas gifts this saturday at gamestop

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Don't forget we are drawing names this saturday for the christmas party.. I don't want anyone feeling they can't participate due to finances... you can always bake cookies as a gift.. or make something.. price limit is based on what you can afford.. I don't think any of us are rich.. just think from the heart..

now.. are we also doing the white elephant gift.. or just the picking of names.. this was discussed at the meeting and I went away thinking the decision was yes.. but now no one is mentioning it.. so are we just going with picking names as the only gift now..

obviously when Jada is not at the meetings we don't get our thoughts on paper very well... we discuss and make decisions.. but then somehow it never got written down..

I have to start doing that in Jada's absence when she can't be there.

2. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Yes, I'm in for both, I think, I'm not sure I understand everything.

Yes, without Jada I get lost also

3. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    I am for both also.

1) A bunch of presents at the table..pick a name out of a hat, and choose a gift from the table...this should be really fun if done right.

2) a white hippo/elephant/or other large creature gift exchange: A bunch of names in a hat on the 19th, everyone chooses, and gets someone elses name..getting/making/buying/finding a gift for them and at the Christmas party the gifts are given.

Got it!!?

4. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    yes and no.. okay.. here is the way it is.. we draw names on the 19th.. whoever you choose you either buy or make a gift from the heart for that particular person.. this is the gift exchange..

white elephant game is as follows.. as I have always played it in any case.... bring a gift that would suit anyone.. and then we put them all under the tree/table.. whatever.. and then by number/name.. whatever order.. you pick out a gift.. or you take the gift from someone that already has opened a gift.. and they get to pick out another.. and so on and so forth

5. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Do we wrap the white elephant gift? Is this bought or made?

Sorry, I'm new to this whole concept

6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    the white elephant gift can be bought or made..and most definitely wrap it.. otherwise everyone will know what it is.. the fun part of this game is that you have a choice.. pick a wrapped gift.. or the gift someone else has already opened.. and then that person has to pick again. I've seen gifts change hands as many as five times at past christmas parties..

I think if someone finds it difficult to do both gifts.. do the white elephant gift.. as it will be fun.. and we want everyone to participate.. if you really feel you can't participate in both gift exchanges.. then don't feel pressured to do both.. but of the two.. enjoy the fun one.

oh.. we did also say the one rule of the exchange was any gift needs to have to do with Star Wars in some way....

7. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    I am in for both gifts.

sound off!!

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I'm in for both

9. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    I can only do White Elephant. :(

pushes Fluffy the Elephant back into the closet and shouts "No more peanuts!

10. GoG

GoG Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    I wont be able to make it!

Maybe next time!

GoG

11. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I'm in for both

12. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Hey Hey HEY, the white elephant gift exchange game will be conducted by your hosts! Just bring a gift! The game is moderatly complex, so just being the gift and prepare for controversy!

13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    controversy sounds fun! Hurrah!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.