1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest. New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Art Archive Drawings by Darth Zemog 02/15/07

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by DarthZemog, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. DarthZemog Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello people,

I just wanted to restart a thread here since it?s been forever and a day since I had anything good to post! Anyway, I?ve recently begun doing a Clone Commanders series and have finished the first three of many more to come and wanted to see what everyone here thought of them! I hope to hit on a lot of the favs, from the unofficial Commander Timm to the infamous Commander Cody!

Anyway, here we go with Clone Comamnder #1: Commander Deviss
    Now for those who may not be familiar with him, but if you collected the ROTS figures you'll remember him as #33 Clone Commander! He was the one with the red stripes and red shoulder pauldron. Well here he is dodging some laser blasts and dishing out a couple of his own with his trusty pistols!

Deviss

Here is the second featured Commander, Commander Bacara! You may remember him faithfully doing his duty for the Emperor and executing Order 66 by taking out Ki-Adi Mundi on Mygeeto! Commander Bacara is one of my all time favs, but so was Ki-Adi and to this day it's hard for me to watch that scene! Poor Ki-Adi, but orders are orders!

Anyway, here is Bacara smashing his rifle into a "Super" to pieces on Mygeeto while a HUGE laser blast zooms past him overhead prior to Order 66! (Oh that's snow too btw!)

Bacara

Here is number three on my Clone Commanders countdown! Commander Bly who led his Troops of the 327th Star Corps to do battle against the Seperatist forces on Felucia with Jedi Aayla Secura! When Order 66 came down, Bly and his men opened fired so quickly, Secura had no time even to ignite her saber! A quick death, but it was with great respect to her that they made sure they finished her quickly so she wouldn't suffer.

Here is a pic of Commander Bly collecting the fallen Jedi's lightsaber for proof that the Order was indeed carried out! Not a happy pic for all you Aayla fans, but I'm sure the "Cloners" will dig it!

Bly

Okay that?s just first three, I?m currently working on the next three Commanders, Commander Neyo, Commander Gree and Commander Fordo so look for those to be popping up soon! :D

Enjoy and see you soon,
    ~DZ
  2. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    Oh my god they're all amazing, but that last one is a killer.
  3. Corran_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    As I told you on DA, it's awesome to have you back, and there isn't the slightest drop of quality... amazing stuff you got there, indeed. =D=

Keep up the great work, Zemog! [face_peace]
  4. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    :cool: Dynamic penciling as always, DZ.

Nice to see you back.
  5. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    **does boogie in thread**

:D ;) :p

Welcome back, DZ!! It's so awesome to have you back, now you're famous and all! Congrats again on all the professional success--but then, we always knew you'd make it big one fine day! ;)

Absolutely love all of these! I think, of this batch, Deviss and Bly are my favorites: mostly because of the pose in the first, and the emotion of the scene in the last. Your drawings are, as always, beautifully composed, laid out and drawn--so much energy and movement, too: just like snapshots out of a movie action sequence! Great, great work--fabutastic detail (...see? You have me making up words now!! lol!) and wonderful figures. Geez, it's great to have you posting here again!

Can't wait for more! :D

FF
  6. Daankin Jedi Knight

star 1
    Totally worth waiting for!

Great to see u back Mike.

D=D=
  7. ThrawnRocks Force Ghost

star 6
    Great to see you back! Great work, but geeze! Poor Aayla! :(
  8. DarthZemog Jedi Master

star 4
    Sith-Lord-Gunray, thank you very much! I really wanted Bly's to be a strong pic, and it looks like it worked!

Corran_Fett, thanks for the kind words both here and on DevART! I hope you'll like the next three in the series, which should be coming soon!

soitscometothis, thank you, it's good to be back posting some SW art again! I missed it! :)

FalconFan, awww, you make me blush! [face_blush] Thank you so much for all the kind words, I'm glad to be back and to be able to share some pretty good pics too! I hope to continue to knock your socks off as this series progresses! Gotta get the next three done and up soon! :D

D!!!! I'm glad you like these, and I have been working on some sketches of our "little" side project too! ;) Gonna scan those in and get them emailed to you when I post the next batch of this series!

ThrawnRocks, thanks for the welcome back! Yeah, it's tough to see poor Aayla like that, but orders are orders!

Thanks again everyone for the welcome back! I never knew I was missed this much! Hope to have the next three up soon, so stay tuned! Begun the Clone Commanders Series has! :p

Later,
    ~DZ
  9. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Like others have said, it's great to have you back, DZ! Your drawings are as amazing as ever with that delicate pencil work. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us with this Clone Wars series! ;)
  10. Basement24 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wonderful work! Very dynamic posing, and interesting line work as well. I'd really love to see these coloured...
  11. RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Wow! Those images are incredible. Especially the last.
  12. Giolon05 Jedi Knight

star 3
    That is indeed some great artwork, Darth Zemog, but that last "Commander Bly" one makes me sad. :(
  13. NarCranor Force Ghost

star 2
    Hey, beautiful work on the clone commanders. Can't wait to get started on our Lumiya project via our mutual friend Daankin! I think its going to be one of those definitive works that captures the fan community like jawa force or bungo & rusti (though in a much different way!)

Anyway, these images look amazing!

Keith "Nar" Kappel
    http://www.fandomcomics.com
  14. Hail_Ithor Jedi Padawan

Well.. I must say that you did a wonderful job on your sketches. I always have enjoyed reading on the clone commanders and the way their armor looks. Amazing amazing work Zemog, I will definately being looking at your future work. I hope to one day see some color drawings...Damn...job well done=D= =D=
  15. NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

=D= That's way cool! Really dramatic! I really wish to see you color them .
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.