main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Dream book?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthJaceus, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    A Darth Krayt novel from surviving order 66 till the Sith imperial war.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    More everything from the Legacy comic era.
    Imperial Knights, Jedi, One Sith, Yuuzhan Vong, Mando's, pirates, GA, etc.

3. Ewan Tibbetts

Ewan Tibbetts Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2016
    Several people have suggested a book that wraps up as many legends story lines as possible. That sounds like a good idea to help people move on. It could end with R2 telling Luke's story to the Whills.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  4. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Dooku (Similar to either Plagueis or Tarkin in its structure where either we see the progression of Dooku from his early days to his time in the war like Plagueis or we follow Dooku on a mission with flashbacks detailing his history like Tarkin. I'd open it with Dooku's final moments before being beheaded by Anakin as he thinks back to where his life led him to be at this moment in time. Corey Burton could do the audio book. Sad that Christopher Lee is no longer with us. Giving the narration to what would be the true cannon story and origin for Dooku would have been a fitting closure for him as the character).

Qui-Gon (Again like Dooku a novel detailing his early training under Dooku and then training Obi-Wan. Maybe also see a glimpse into him learning how to become a Force Ghost from the Priestesses and whether the Shaman of the Whills did play a role in teaching him. The Ancient Order is non canon but the Shaman still is apparently as is the Book of the Whills. Not to mention the temple on Jedha and the group that Chirrut and Baze are part of)

Amidala (I've never been the biggest Padme fan but I thing that's the fault of the films in their poor characterisation of the character. I thought she was okay in the Clone Wars and she had potential especially in the kind of role she played but she didn't quite reach it for me and Natalie Portman's performance didn't leave much to be desired. Which is not her fault because I know she can be a good actress it was more down to poor writing and direction. The same thing happened to her in the Thor films I feel. However maybe a solid well written politcal intrigue novel that details parts of her history such as her time of when she was young, how she handelled being a young Queen and transitioning to a Senator and surviving that world and navigating it. Those kinds of stories with her weren't my favourite in the Clone Wars show but I think that format doesn't work as an action packed cartoon it works more as a novel or a film I think. I don't know it'd be interesting).

Star Wars Underworld (I don't know what's going to happen to these scripts but I'd like to see them revived somehow either as a novel series or a comic book series which I know isn't technically a book but I would say we can speculate for comics unless there is a thread about that on it's own. I'm surprised not many people have taken part in this thread more. I remember keeping up with news on this when I was younger in my earlier days of using the internet and it sounded awesome to me being a kid now as an adult it sounds intriguing especially when some ideas were revealed. If we aren't going to get it on TV or any live action Star Wars show on TV I would like to see these stories)

A detective story (I don't know if there are any cannon detectives in Star Wars but I'd like to see a noir style novel detailing a mystery someone tries to figure out. Kind of like what Star Wars 1313 looked to possibly be doing with its story which I suggested as a movie spin off for Boba with him in the detective role but it'd be nice to have a different character).

Jango (Basically detailing his canon history. I could see some elements from Bounty Hunter being recanonised so long as they don't contradict with main continuity. How he got his armour and why he chose it since he wasn't a Mandalorian, how he met Zam and how he entered Dooku's service etc. You could bring in stuff from Bounty Hunter but stuff like Komari Vosa and Gardulla nearly getting killed wouldn't be there).

Mandalore (Really I'd like to see various eras be it in the Old Republic times, Prequel times with the beginning of Death Watch and how Satine dealt with things as a ruler before and after Obi-Wan arrived into her life again as well as how she and Bo drifted apart, then one during the Rebels timeline which we're teasing already for Season 3 I know but maybe not make it about Sabine's family but have them play a role focus on a different warrior clan and their family and then Mandalore's state after Return Of The Jedi. Who's in charge now? Is the political government restored? Who knows)

Cassian and K2's Highly Probable Chance Of Adventure (Okay that isn't the title but you get what I mean. Either a novel or comic focusing on Cassian and his time before Rogue One and how he found and reprogramed K2. Really a lot of Rogue One's characters could get novels or comics)

Which brings me to Saw (A novel or comic detailing after the Clone Wars ended and what happened to Lux and Onderon and the early formation of the Partisans and also how he broke away from the Rebels. I'd also include my idea for an Imperial based film I had where he captures a group of Storm Troopers and they need to fight for survival. It'd be pretty suspensful and emotional I think).

Kallus (How he was inspired to join the Empire, his early days in the Academy, working under Yularen and again detailing that encounter with Saw and how he lost his crew and also the destruction of the Lassat homeworld. Narrated by David Oyelowo of course).

More Imperial Moff Novels (Similar to Tarkin maybe a book detailing a history of other Moff characters like Yularen or maybe a book about a group of Moffs conspiring to defect from the Empire to the Rebels or plan a take over which was done in the Legends stories. Then maybe one focusing on their remenants coming together after Return of the Jedi. How many signed the treaty of surrender and who didn't?)

Something detailing the various Force beings throughout the galaxy (What do beings like the Father and his family, Bendu and the Preistesses represent? They all claim to be connected to the Force but each while having some similar view points still seem to have a different idea of how it works in some places not to mention they give different teachings. I've said it before but I'd like to see them gathered together somehow like the White Council debating the Force and it's nature and the idea of the Chosen One. Maybe the crux of it could be someone like Luke seeking these beings out for guidance as he begins his rebuilding of the Jedi Order by researching old Jedi lore after consulting with Obi-Wan, Yoda and Anakin).

There's probably more ideas but these are what's coming to me for now.

5. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    A novel about the founding of the Fel Dynasty and the beginning of the Victory without War program.

An Allana YJK series

NJO era novels-main character Nas Choka

A novel with a Rakatan POV.

Novella set during the Pius Dea Era with ancient Jedi and Renunciates

Novelization of the Dark Jedi exiles arrival on Korriban.

Novelization of TOTJ stories-Sadow and the Daragons till Exar Kun and Droma

IU writings-Dha Werda Verda, Republic Constituion, Luke Skywalker's memoirs.

Ben marrying somebody can be a novel or comic or whatever just give the boy some closure.

Legacy novella-multiple POVs-Krayt, Cade, Roan, Marasiah, Antares, Stazi.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well most of the characters i like have books already but.

I'd love a Marka Ragnos book written by James Luceno.

7. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    The James Luceno Dooku novel.

Oh, and an NEU version of Plagueis, if the old one can never fit anymore.

8. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    I would definitely like to see a new canon novel detailing Qui-gon's Apprenticeship to Dooku. I want to see what Dooku was like as a Jedi, how Qui-Gon developed his unique perspective of the Force, and maybe the early days of Qui-Gon's Knighthood. The galaxy needs more Qui-Gon, I always thought he was a really interesting character. And Dooku needs some redemption after the poor handling of his character in The Clone Wars.

Another story I would like to see, perhaps in a series, would be the political fracture of the Mandalorians. I'm not sure if it's still the case in the canon today, but after The Clone Wars created the New Mandalorians, the idea of a Mandalorian Excision was created to explain how the different familial and political groups of the Mandalorians began to fall apart, as well as how many of their worlds suffered horrible orbital bombardments. (Concord Dawn in Rebels represents that this historical event may still be a possibility). I think a new story, potentially set hundreds of years in the past, would be really compelling. It could even feature a young(ish) Yoda! I think that would be a joy to experience.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  9. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    I would love some deeper collaboration between the books and comics. Something like a post-RotJ series with comics by Hickman and Immonen and a supplementary novel by Rucka. I'm sure that would be a logistical nightmare but I would love to read it.

Skywalker2B likes this.
  10. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I wouldn't want that, and I were Luceno is say no.

11. zchmrkenhoff

zchmrkenhoff Jedi Knight

Jun 17, 2015
    I want a Canon Republic Commando series written by Dan Abnett. I would want it to take place after Hard Contact, which I enjoy, but completely erase the IMO worthless, deviating books that came afterwords. The Commandos are perhaps my favorite aspect of Star Wars and outside of Hard Contact I feel Traviss really ruined their potential with her family drama and ethical concerns. Hard Contact and the game set up such great promise for the adventures of the Commandos and instead we got Kal Skirata. There's so much potential for missions here. I think Traviss is just the wrong author for this. Dan Abnett and other 40k writers would be perfect here IMO. The Space Marines are pretty similar to the Commandos and I think those writers could seamlessly work well here.

I also want to see the Confederacy developed more. Many of the systems that flocked to the Confederacy did so having legitimate grievances--what's more, THEY WERE RIGHT! The Republic WAS a corrupt and decadent system as it was so easily taken over in a single generation by an evil man. I'm sure your everyday Confederate had no idea that his whole edifice was being manipulated by Palpatine. I want to see his struggle, his trials of conscience: of the hard decision to split with his friends in the Republic because of his moral calling to do the right thing for the galaxy. In the Confederacy he would see hope to reform the Republic. I think there's great potential here.

I agree with Dooku. I've been reading through Labyrinth of Evil and that sort of fleshes out his story, but I agree that he needs a novel treatment. But I think it should only be one. At the end of the day he's just another power-hungry individual out for himself.

I made a thread about this, but I also want to see something similar with what I described for the Confederates for the Empire. Basically, the rank and file of the Empire surely aren't diabolical evil. Even if their training indoctrinates them, you have to still have several people who aren't brainwashed peons. Hell, I was in the Army and I didn't buy any of their indoctrination! I want to see people who love and respect the Empire and view it as their home.

As far as the Canon is concerned, they NEED NEED NEED to explain what happened between EpVI and EpVII. As far as I can tell, Bloodlines attempts to do this (haven't read it yet), but negative reviews for that book on Amazon claim that it actually doesn't. As a big fan of the prequels (and unlike many Star Wars fans apparently) I greatly care about the politics and worldbuilding of Star Wars and you can imagine my immense disappointment when these areas were sorely neglected in TFA! I really didn't like TFA, but I'm open to them writing books that would help the prequel fan appreciate it more.

my kind of scum and DarthJaceus like this.
  12. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Rebels Cross Sections....and in a related thought....poster size cross sections for capital ships like the Medical Frigate, Mon Cal Cruiser, etc...

corinthia and DarthJaceus like this.
  13. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Legends: In which Mara never died; Luke, Mara, and Ben go on a Skywalker family adventure together. Survivor's Quest but adding Ben, basically. Zahn writes it, naturally.

Legends: A Mara and Luke team-up book set during the Bantam era. Give me that unresolved sexual tension and build up their sudden romance.

Canon: The Luke and Ben companion book to Bloodline. If I can't write it, I want Jason Fry to do so.

14. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Clone Wars cross sections for things we did not get yet like the Naboo Star Skiff that was in Clone Wars and RoTS.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  15. Cracian_Thumper

Cracian_Thumper Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    A WEG-influenced story about Cracken's Crew.

16. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    5 books I really want:

- A Dooku book set between TPM and AOTC showing his transformation into Darth Tyranus and how he and Sidious started The Clone Wars, written by James Luceno

- A Revan book in the style of the upcoming Thrawn book re-introducing him to canon, written by Drew Karpyshyn

- A Yoda book set early in his Jedi career, showing how he helped build the Order following the war with Darth Bane, written by James Luceno

- A Luke book set between Bloodline and TFA, chronicling his attempt to rebuild the Jedi, written by Claudia Gray

- A Mace Windu book set starting in AOTC and ending where find him in the TCW movie, showing him confronting Dooku in AOTC and featuring the Battle of Dantooine and Anakin's knighting, written by James Luceno

DarthJaceus and ekrolo2 like this.
  17. Ewan Tibbetts

Ewan Tibbetts Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2016
    JediMara77 Yes I totally forgot. A Ben Solo book would be awesome. Luckily this dream will probably become a reality.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    STAR WARS: EDERLATHH

In fourteen volumes.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

19. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    X-wing: Poe Squadron. Preferably by Stackpole.

20. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013

I really do hope, once the sequel trilogy is done and they no longer have to worry about not treading on its toes, the current comic book is upgraded into a book series, as happened with X-wing.

21. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    As mentioned earlier, an in-universe Janes fighting ships for the Imperial era, or even better something covering all Star Wars eras would be my first pick. Maybe featuring some of those great fractalsponge designs.

Something like another EGTW, but going into even more detail, covering military conflicts over the history of the Republic would also be great. Anything in-universe that goes to history or science/technical lore is always a winner for me.

Ackbar's Fishsticks and Daneira like this.
  22. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    A new essential atlas but have it in multiple volumes. Each volume covering one of the "rings" of the galaxy from Core to Outer Rim. Then additional volumes covering specific areas like Mando Space, the Tion, etc...

They could go more in depth on planetary history of all known planets and also for planets not yet seen.

23. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    I was gonna give my usual early rebellion starfighter pilot schtick it's usual prominence here, but after thinking about The Battle of Algiers Jedha edition, I would kill to see something akin to Jean Larteguy's The Centurions. Just following the adventures of an Imperial infantry company on Jedha, with an ensemble cast of its officers and senior NCOs, showing how a brutal insurgency challenges and changes them as soldiers---whether it would make them doubt the Empire, grow more hardline, take shelter and solace in their duty to hide from the dirty things they've done. And as they fight it out on the line, they begin to more and more understand and sympathize with their guerilla foes, in methods if not ideology.

I still remember the brutal scene in The Centurions when the paras find the remains of one of their favorite platoon commanders who was murdered by the insurgency---and their officers made the call to go in and storm the village where the assailants came from, using only their knives.

I would love to see something like that with stormtroopers.

24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Actually I have a BETTER IDEA

I want a book about PALPATINE and the inner goings of the Imperial Court. We can base it off of the courts of Ancient Rome. Like a games of thrones or house of cards like scenario but purely Poltical

25. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Plesse, let's have this. I love Roman court politics. Something like that, in Star Wars with Palpatine, one of my favorite characters, would be amazing! It could easily become my favorite star wars book.

mes520, darklordoftech and Daneira like this.