main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dream Game

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth_Xion, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revanche

Revanche Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2005
    :eek:... Mandalorians are NOT boring.... Oh man... I know Mandalorian wants the game more than I do but I'd play the hell outta that game if they made one...

2. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    dont know if this has been posted, but a sw game where you start as a padawn work your way up to master and eventually being able to pick your padawn and train him or her.

3. Darth_Iquitous

Darth_Iquitous Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I'd prefer some god-forsaken cross between SWG, EQ2, FFXI and WoW. Take the best parts of those games (if you can find them) and toss them into a futuristic fantasy MMO environment and let people loose. Regular updates to add new story elements, new areas, new items and occasionally change the environment pallette ( I got so sick of Dantooine being bright purple all the time with no real variation) and some random weather patterns, not just a pre-set cycle so that it rains every day at a specific, predictable time.

I liked the idea of having houses in SWG, but they didn't really serve any purpose, other than to store useless items in or to flaunt rare ones (on rare occasions).

4. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    My dream game is 50 Cent:Bulletproof ;)

5. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    after that last post i think i need some death sticks and good stiff drink .

6. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
  7. Darth_Xion

Darth_Xion Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2005
    so did any one even read my last post? if you did tell me what you think

8. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    Yea, I think the Mandalorians in it would be a nice touch.

9. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    I think that sounds like the worst idea for a star wars game since Tera Kasi. But its your game. I'm sticking with my idea.

10. Darth_Xion

Mar 28, 2005
    Well darth_pat for all your wonderfull ideas the one thing no one seems to becoming up with is a storyline of any type.....and by the way your idea hasnt really helped me cause all youve pretty much told me was that you wanted star wars galaxies 2.........and thats not much of an original idead so come up with something better and maybe sometype of storyline and then you can criticize my ideas.

11. Darth_Xion

Mar 28, 2005
    ok, so farthis is what i got.

*Star Wars Rpg.

*Vader Hunting jedi.

*Jedi prophecies.

*A Combination of KOTOR, Baattlefront, Rep.Comma.,Jedi knights.

* Alot of planets.

*Third person Saber Role playing game with big battles.

*Running from Vader during the jedi purge.

*Customizable==im guessing you guys mean characters and Sabers?....Ships would be really hard to do.
    *Steel vehicles like in GTA.....might be hard to do.

*Mandalorians.

*Start as a padawan, work your way up to master the pick a padawan.

*also as a multiplayer option im thinking the jedi sith civil war.....Jedi VS. Sith.... fighting over planets with each side having there own homebase and you just try to move your faction close to the enemy base. -thank to LordRevan 19 foe the last one..

I think this is everything so if i missed something tell me....also because i dont like the fact that i didnt really have much of a storylin i think were not gonna do a galaxies type, so stick with it and maybe we can put some of those ideas in the multiplayer mode.... also im still needing a storyline so yeah thanks.

12. MariusTraven

MariusTraven Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2003
    At the time, I would have really liked to have seen a video game based on the New Jedi Order series. It would have given some legitimacy to that massive undertaking that LucasBooks was trying to do...Like when the Shadows of the Empire game came out in conjuction with the novel.....

Also, it's about freakin time for a new X-Wing simulator.....

13. i_want_to_be_a_droid

i_want_to_be_a_droid Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2005
    how about a rots game but from a "different point of view". You should make it from the seperatists point of view. you could make a game where the player is General Grievous or a body gaurd and commands huge droid armies. it could be like a huge RTS game with a nice story line of General GRievous prospering and becoming a great droid just like his body gaurds. of course you could include a skirmish mode where the player could be the republic. there are just not enough General GRievous and droid fans to be happy with destroying the republic:(:(:(:(.

14. FutureEmperor

FutureEmperor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 1998
    The DREAM game? That's quite a subject.

I think people are missing the point a touch with their suggestions.

The DREAM game would somehow combine true simulator style of X-Wing Alliance with Battlefront WITH KOTOR elements WITH Galaxies elements(or WoW if you prefer) WITH perhaps, old Jedi Knight elements WITH (and this is key) EMpire at War.

Basically a game that was HUGE in scope and covered every type of experience.

I hate that Lightspeed expansion to Galaxies doesn't have people actually just jump into X-Wing Alliance type game and flight mechanics.

Imagine making a strategic decision to engage an Imperial task force, just like those missions in X-WA but you actually set up your own fleet/assault force and then piloted a ship or vehicle in a land attack!

Then you could go with a character and walk around and interact with an online universe of other players and role play(plus there are NPCs so you don't NEED to have people around like Galaxies)

THAT would be the perfect game.

15. Darth_Xion

Mar 28, 2005
    ok so a role playing game ...where when you go into large battles you make your own battle plan ....like telling whitch each squad to do, not just your own team but all of the rebel alliance groups like the X-Wing general......and then you fly your xwing with your team doing wha you want...and if you need to you can tell the other teams to change targets whenever you want......but also it needs to have a rpg side where inbetween the big battles where your fighting and commanding forces you go around like getting more soldiears and assassinatingn people and so on....?

that all sounds good but i need a story line still.....or there maybe another bad star wars game out there guys......;)

16. kiskolou

kiskolou Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 23, 2005
    ANY BOBA FETT GAME!

17. FutureEmperor

FutureEmperor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 1998
    xion

You'd have a storyline!

There'd be an RPG element where you could either run the standard lame-oh Galaxies missions OR you could run the 3-5 major storylines(from different angles) that would run throughout the game.

You can't do limitless storylines that are incredibly in-depth. But you can do a few really well AND combine those other elements.

Hell, I'd go for a game where we could save our spot, and the file would be read by the other 'game' and would impact that game with the stats/progress you made in the other.

18. Panaka_kicked_Padme

Panaka_kicked_Padme Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    If you play Fable. That would be awesome if that was what a star wars game were like .except like you go to the temple as a child. and have a very detailed training. and you get like a master. jedi acedamy was bad. not real broad universe.

19. Amidala14

Amidala14 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    ^ One of the funniest usernames I've seen so far. :p Good job.

20. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    JEDI VS SITH!
    JEDI VS SITH!
    JEDI VS SITH!

... Oh wait, I came up with that game [face_laugh]
    I am such a loser!

Good Stuff

21. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    A Star Wars Beat'em up would rock :p

22. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    I would like to see a game where you command capital ships, ordering fighter squadrons around through an RTS-like interface. You would start out small in a Corellian corvette or an Interdictor and move up to a Mon Cal Cruiser or Star Destroyer. (Sorta like Star Trek Bridge Commander in a Star Wars Universe) And eventually you would get to command fleets in battle.

23. SheLeftMeForAWookiee

SheLeftMeForAWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    My dream game would be a futuristic fantasy MMO:

the landscape would be dotted sporadically with TOWERING relic structures of a forgotten past age or race.

Housing would be a dynamic and integral part of the game. Only non-housing structures can be placed outside of city-limits. Houses must be built within the current city limits and cities cannot be built less than 1000 m from a relic landmark. Mayors have the ability to submit destruction requests for abandoned houses (owners are no longer in the game).

Multiple factions, several possible races and wide varieties of weapons and armor to be looted. Crafting will be skill- and profession-based, while fighting skills will be level based. Completing certain missions will teach players rare and powerful schematics or give them a rare or powerful item or item set.

Running missions uncovers some ancient mythology of the game. Group fighting is necessary for bosses, but not for small mobs and aggros. "Dungeons" will be instanced for groups or for an ungrouped player. No more same-layout-for-every-dungeon-in-the-game. Mobs in instanced dungeons will have their level determined by the highest and average level the group in that instance.

Dungeon maps will be 3D and rotatable, so they can be read if multiple levels overlap.

Single and multiple-person mounts are available from the start, but must be earned or purchased/traded/tamed/etc.

Size of house player can purchase or own is related to how affluent and prestigious they are. Small houses are only first available to low-level players, medium to slightly higher, large houses to higher-level players and the most extravagant mansions to high-level players who have lots of prestige.

players can be crafters AND combatants. Some combat profs unlock specific crafting schematics for players.

several realms/continents/something that provide different levels of difficulty to appeal to different level players.

Higher-level mobs drop higher-quality loot. Some loot is some-assembly-required-but-really-worth-it.

24. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    SheLeftMeForaWookiee- [face_laugh]
    Funniest user name I've seen [face_laugh]

Good Stuff

25. SheLeftMeForAWookiee

SheLeftMeForAWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    there have to be perks for going solo on a dungeon or missiong, or for grouping that can be weighed against each other, such as higher quality loot vs. higher xp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.