main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Dream On [repost... sort of] Vader/Luke/Leia AU ~updated, April 20th~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Diabla, Mar 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diabla

Diabla Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2002
    Hey, thanks guys. Here's the next post, enjoy!

Luke didn?t know how long he had been running for when he had finally collapsed with exhaustion; he just knew that he was lost. The trees were much taller, and blocked out the rain with their heavy branches, but it also blocked out the moon, so there was little light. The plants around him looked alien, the forest looked strange and forbidding. Though it was warmer now that he was out of the storm, but there was an eerie mist that reached past his middle. Things couldn?t get much worse. Then the image of Vader and Kenobi dueling came to mind.

Okay, so it could be slightly worse.

It wasn?t as if Luke wanted to go with Vader, but he really didn?t want to go with Kenobi either. Maybe he could find a way to elude both the Sith and Jedi. If he could find a transport, then he could hide somewhere no one would find him. But he didn?t have any money, or any idea of where to go. He was stuck. His fate was in the hands of a Jedi master and a Sith Lord, and Luke wasn?t looking forward to either outcome. The whole idea of him using the Force bothered him.

Luke brought himself to his knees and then realized that he was below the mist when he yawned and got a mouthful of fog. He began to cough furiously, as he crawled into the knot of one of the larger tree roots. After the coughing subsided he decided just to stay into roots of the tree for the night. He was too tired to move, and he wouldn?t have gotten much farther if he had continued. Sighing he curled up into himself, and let sleep claim him.

Vader didn?t stop to look over the edge of the chasm that he had dropped Obi-Wan into, he set off straight off to find his son. The boy had run off into the forest, but even Vader had seen that he had gone the wrong way if he had intended to reach the palace. So Vader set off into in to the deeper part of the wood for his wayward offspring. Luke couldn?t have gotten too far, after all he was just a child, and the battle with Obi-Wan had been surprisingly quick.

It was strange for Vader to have such parental feelings for his son, but it was even stranger for him to be curious about his son?s feelings for him. What had Luke heard about him? What exactly had Organa and Kenobi told Luke about himself? When Vader realized the very un-Sithlike emotions he was experiencing, anger swept over him. He was acting foolishly! Luke would be nothing more to him then a potential apprentice. Or so he tried to convince himself, because on some sub-conscious level within Vader?s mind, he was excited at the fact that he had an offspring, not only for apprenticeship or for an heir, but for the simple reason to have someone to share his life with, but once again, the thoughts were only sub-conscious.

Vader traveled deeper into the forbidding forest after his son, so wrapped up in his thoughts that he never realized what he had left behind.

Kenobi hadn?t died when Vader had dropped him over the cliff, he had used the Force to grab hold of a small tree root, then had lowered him self onto a crumbling edge on the side of the drop. Slowly, and gently Obi-Wan messaged his bruised neck

Perhaps I am getting too old for this.

He thought bitterly. The Jedi waited a few moments before Vader left and then used a Force enhanced jump to get over the side of the cliff.

Once over the edge Obi-Wan took inventory of his injuries: he was having trouble breathing, no doubt from Vader?s strangle hold, his arm was searing with pain, he was convinced half of his ribs were broken, his back was a fiery mass of burning pain... and he had lost his lightsaber. Great. If he could get to Luke first then maybe all wasn?t lost. Though it was a pretty big ?maybe?, but he had to try. So the injured and unarmed Jedi entered the forest. He was the only thing standing between the angered Sith Lord and his son.

This definitely isn?t my day

was the thought that repeated it?s self over and over again in Ob

2. Darthina_Christine

Darthina_Christine Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Hahaha Obi-Wan to the rescue! :p

But guess what? //Happy Dance// I got my Braces off!!! :D :D :D

Great Post as always :D

3. Hippety_Hopper

Hippety_Hopper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2003
    Congrats Darthina! WAY TO GO!!!! :)

Oh, Dia, you UPDATED! Guess what? I AM SO HAPPY YOU DID! :)

Of course, I still need more!

Hippety

4. Darthina_Christine

Oct 6, 2002
    Why Thank you Hippety! :D

UP!

5. Darth_Pixel

Darth_Pixel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    This good. More Please! :D

6. Diabla

Sep 30, 2002
    I'll post more when I get back from school- but I just wanted everyone who's reading the original story to know - That A NEW POST IS UP!!!

*ahem*

-Dia

7. Darthina_Christine

Oct 6, 2002
  8. Darthina_Christine

Oct 6, 2002
    Guess what everyone! //runs around like a crazy idiot// I got my learner's license! :D I thought I was gonna fail but I didn't! :D
    The only bad thing is that I look rather retarded on my photo :p o well. Go me! :D

UP!

9. -LadyVader-

-LadyVader- Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2002
    *Tries to breathe* Breathtaking Dia! I want Vader to get to know Luke so bad!!! *wink* Hey, Christine, I didn't know you like to golf! I do too! Lol!

-LadyVader

10. Darthina_Christine

Oct 6, 2002
    You like to golf -LV-? Thats cool :cool: Golfing is so funny... I like to golf quite a bit... last summer I could almost hit 200 yards //is so proud// I *really* suck at pitching and putting though.... Its rather boring to watch on TV...

UP! :D

11. Diabla

Sep 30, 2002
    Hi, I'm back... why are we talking about golf- when everyone knows that hockey rules- GO LEAFS GO!!!

Oh and... I am now 14! Yay!

Heh. Anyways here's the next post-

Note: Luke and Leia aren't twins, as I've said in the beginning, Luke is the older brother... it's sorta mentioned in this post.

EDIT: Hi to Darth_Pixel

Enjoy!

Obi-Wan had moved through the forest as fast as his injuries would permit. Trying to formulate a plan to save Luke, but none came. The Force showed him nothing about what to do. Nothing of how to rescue the boy from the clutches of the Sith. It was almost ... almost as if the Force was against him. As though the Force wanted Luke to be taken by his father... but that was impossible. Wasn?t it?

Kenobi slowed until he had come to a full stop. Or was it possible? Did the Force want the Sith to have power? Was this the balance the prophesy spoke of? Could it have wanted the Jedi to be killed as they had been, at the hands of the Sith? Kenobi hoped that he was wrong, he had to be. Yet the Force hadn?t shown him how to take Luke back. Kenobi felt despair cast its dark shadow over his soul. He had to sit down.

Why? He thought sadly. Why? Kenobi put his head in his hand. Perhaps it was his injuries that made him harbor such treacherous thoughts. Luke, was after all, the one that the Council had wanted trained all along, before the majority had been killed by the Purges. He had suggested Leia, but they had refused immediately; Leia had been conceived when Anakin had already fallen to the Darkside, it would have been too risky to train someone like her. Luke, the one who shone so brightly with the purity of the Force, was the one to be trained.

Yet now Obi-Wan was having doubts. Slowly he got up, and once again made his way towards Luke. There was still a possibility that the Force would show him a way to recover the boy, but it became more and more unlikely. The forest grew thicker and darker, and there was now a heavy mist in the air. The Jedi pushed onward.

Obi-Wan soon felt the familiar presences of a scared Luke, and a triumphant Vader. Surprise spiked through the Force, as Kenobi reached the top of a knoll. He looked down to see Vader with his hand on Luke?s shoulder. Obi-Wan?s fears were realized when he felt Luke begin to recognize the bond he shared with Vader. Deep down, Obi-Wan knew that he couldn?t reach Luke now.

?I don?t think that Kenobi will be pestering me any longer.? Vader rumbled.

Obi-Wan, forgetting his doubts, his fears called back to Vader:

?Don?t count on it Darth!?

Vader released the hold he had on his son, and spun around to see Kenobi standing on the upper shelf of the forest floor.

?You don?t stay dead, do you old man.? he growled.

Without thinking, Obi-Wan returned the taunt, ?I could say the same for you Vader.? He regretted it when Vader quickly ignited his saber, and stalked forward.

Weaponless, Kenobi could only think of one thing, using the Force he pulled on the rotten wood from one of the trees over Vader, causing branches to come tumbling down. Vader noticed the plan to crush him, and easily pushed them away, but the rotten tree had been under too much stress, and a particularly large branched snapped halfway, and swung down, right towards Luke. If the branch had hit him full force, Luke would have been killed, but Luke had been smart enough to try and jump away, clearing most of his body, but not all of it. The branch caught him on his shoulder and side, and sent him flying through the air, he hit a nearby tree and slumped to the ground, unconscious.

A blinding haze of red hot rage settled over Vader?s eyes, he roared and charged at Kenobi, who in turn used the Force to jump into a tree.

?Fight me you coward!? roared Vader.

Obi-Wan didn?t respond, but instead jumped into a neighbouring tree that was higher up. Pulling out his comlink, Kenobi called his ship to his coordinates, and the c

12. Jedi_Mastre_Kris

Jedi_Mastre_Kris Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2002
    *is torn between the two boards* Dia Dia Dia!! where do you want me to post?? The old one or this one? ?[face_plain]

soooooo confused....

but just for this one's sake... UP!

13. Darthina_Christine

Oct 6, 2002
    Nice Post!

Why are we talking about golf- when everyone knows that hockey rules- GO LEAFS GO!!!
    *gah* meh Hockey. And I call myself Canadian :p O well.. There's nothing wrong with the Sport... just everything that goes with the hype surrounding the NHL... [woo] go leafs go [/woo] Here in Western Canada, most people don't like the Leafs... but I'm rather indifferent... Well if any Canadian Team wins it'll probably be them *is obivious to the standings even though that is all her brother talks about* So yeah! Go Canada! :D

And let me guess, none of that made sense... o well! And I'm in a rather C O L O U R F U L mood :p

14. Diabla

Sep 30, 2002
    ChrissyWell the old boards have the newer updates- in fact I just posted. So I suppose if you want to read the newest parts go there- or if you want to wait and just re-read, then post here.... or do both :D

Christine .... the Leafs will win the Cup- muhahaha! Even if Nolan got injuired again :_|.... but for now
    GO LEAFS GO!!!
    GO LEAFS GO!!!
    GO LEAFS GO!!!
    GO LEAFS GO!!!

15. Diabla

Sep 30, 2002
    Enjoy!

Vader was surprised to say the least when an unmanned ship had appeared out of nowhere, swooped low and began to fire on him. Though it would take a lot more than a ship to stop Darth Vader. As the emerald laser beams rained down, Vader flipped out of the foliage and onto normal ground. The fighter came in low as Vader effortlessly deflected the shots. As the ship pulled up, finishing its first pass Vader began to realize that the ship was targeting him alone, not Kenobi, it might have been a rebel ship but Vader could sense no life aboard. It must be Kenobi?s. The ship turned and prepared for its second pass, and Vader prepared for the onslaught to come.

Obi-Wan saw his chance to retrieve the boy, while Vader was occupied. There was no need to be quiet, the roaring noise of the ships engines and lasers drowned out all sound. The Jedi negotiated the forest floor roots and neared Luke. His stomach lurched. The boy looked badly injured, if not treated soon it would worsen until he... Obi-Wan didn?t want to think about it. Kenobi reached Luke?s small bloodied form. There was a large bruise forming at the side of his face, his right arm was at an odd angle, it was broken and bleeding, not to mention the internal injuries that he couldn?t see. The child needed medical attention. Bending down, Kenobi gently picked up Luke?s lifeless form, and carefully placed him over his shoulder, making sure not to harm the broken arm. Then through the Force, he felt the Dark side spike with anger.

Kenobi looked up to where Vader had been mere moments ago, only to see the smouldering remains of what had once been one of his ships forward blasters. Not being able to see Vader, Kenobi heightened his Force senses, if Vader tried to attack him he would at least be aware of it, or so he hoped. The forest had gone eerily quiet. Slowly Obi-Wan took out his comlink and was relived to find out that his ship was fine, apart from its damaged weapons. Slowly the ship landed, but the ramp didn?t lower. Kenobi frowned when he saw the problem. There was a large saber slash that had seared circuits, effectively, if crudely, locking the ramp in place. Carefully he placed the unconscious Luke on the ground, and made his way to repair the ship.

Vader smirked beneath his mask. How foolish of his former master to fall for his trap. Defeating an unarmed ship was too easy of a task for a Lord of the Sith such as himself. Now his son lay unguarded for him to take back. Vader made his way across the forest floor, the mist parting for the dark warrior. Kenobi had forgotten the power he possessed, after all he was the Chosen One. For Kenobi to think that a Sith couldn?t hide his presence from an aging Jedi had been a deadly mistake.

Kenobi had just finished fixing the circuit that opened the door when he felt Vader?s presence. He was only a few meters away! Obi-Wan spun around to face Vader, who at the moment was bending to pick up his son from the mist. When Vader stood he had Luke in his arms, and seemed to just look at him. Through the Force Vader was assessed the damage done to his offspring, and his anger began to build and seep into the air around him.

Vader finally looked up to Obi-Wan and the opened door. Both men knew that Kenobi would just jump into the ship and take off before Vader could reach him. The Jedi would escape with his life, but the Sith would have the child.

?You will pay, Kenobi for what you have done to my son. I will hunt you down to the ends of the galaxy. You will never hurt my family again.? Vader stated quietly, his mechanical voice taught with rage.

Obi-Wan briefly thought of Leia, when Vader had mentioned his family, but crushed the thoughts quickly, to make sure Vader didn?t pick up on it.

?I don?t doubt it for a second, Darth.? Obi-Wan finally replied sadly. As he looked at Luke, in his father?s arms, he felt his heart twist in his chest. So many peopl

16. -LadyVader-

Dec 30, 2002
    *Grasps the edge and trys her best no to fall* I'm hanging, Dia, post soon as possible....you wouldn't want me to fall would you? *grin*

-LadyVader

17. Diabla

Sep 30, 2002
    Okay just for you Lady Vader- I'll post early ;)

Vader was lost in himself. His Sith training had a strong hold over his mind, but Luke had stirred parental instincts and feelings within him that were quickly getting an equally strong hold over his heart. His Sith mind and his father?s heart went to war within him, and he was tossed between them like a piece of driftwood in a stormy sea. He sensed his ship entering the atmosphere, it would be landing soon. Looking down he was shocked to find that without thinking he had been stroking his son?s head. How long had he been doing that? Also, his son had pressed closer to him, and in Luke?s hand a part of his cape was held loosely in his son?s sleep. This was getting out of hand. It had been less then a few days, and already his son was provoking emotions from him that had taken years to bury. Vader knew his Sith side was stronger than this, so why was it losing the fight so quickly?

Overhead, he heard the whine from the engines of his personal craft as it approached. Sighing Vader got up, his son still clutched tightly in his arms. Vader looked up to the night sky and smiled as he spotted his ship. ?Death?s Shadow? was a beautiful, deadly fighter. The ship was solid black, even the windows were ebony. For a medium sized spacecraft it had many weapons, most of which were concealed, strong shields and, most importantly the ability to fly unmanned, though that rarely happened. But features such as the autopilot came in handy at times like this. The ramp lowered and Vader stepped on, not bothering to look back.

Vader had many residences, castles, quarters on various Star Destroyers and even small houses on sparsely populated planets but none made him feel quiet as home as he did on his personal ship. He had built it himself right before he had been injured, and he remembered every detail of it?s construction. But Vader had no time to reminisce, his son was still badly injured, and needed immediate medical attention. Vader quickly made his way through the dark corridors of Death?s Shadow. The ship was small for an Imperial ship, the only rooms being the cockpit, his quarters, a supply room, and a medical facility with his personal medical droid.

Entering the infirmary he activated his medical droid M-31 with the Force. The droid lit up, and hovered to its master.

? M-31 at your service my Lord.? the artificial voice piped.

?The boy needs immediate attention, he has been badly injured.? Vader explained.

?Understood, sir. Please lay him on the table over there for examination.? the droid responded, as it went over to fetch its examination equipment. Vader complied. As he walked towards the table he eyed the tools the droid was choosing, wearily realising that he knew them all to well. Gently he set his son on the table; his gloved hand cradled the boy?s head and gently laid it on the cold, metallic surface. For a moment he just looked down at Luke as the rising emotions battled with his Sith beliefs that he had lived with for so long.

The droid returned at Vader?s side with various equipment on a tray. Setting it down on the nearby shelf, he turned to face the Sith Lord.

?The diagnosis will take a few minutes, sir.? he explained carefully. M-13 may have been a wonderful medical droid, but subtlety wasn?t one of his stronger suits. He wasn?t keen on Vader being there while he worked in the small, and now crowded infirmary.

Vader glared at the droid, and then glanced at his son. In the end, he left and went to prepare the ship for take off. He sharply turned on his heels and stalked out of the room, leaving the droid to tend to Luke.

Darth Vader gazed out as Death?s Shadow entered hyperspace towards Coruscant. They would arrive in five days. Leaning back into the seat Vader finally let reality sink in. In the span of a day or so he had discovered that Organa and Kenobi had been hiding his son from him, had set Imperial forces into the Allderaani palace, faced off with

18. -LadyVader-

Dec 30, 2002
    *Still hanging*.....Dia! Why did you have to stop there? Yea, I know....payback. I knew that I was going to have to pay for that kiss cliffhanger sometime....PLEZ post soon!

-LadyVader

19. -LadyVader-

Dec 30, 2002
    Upity....upity....!!!

20. Jedi_Mastre_Kris

Jedi_Mastre_Kris Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2002
    psst! LV-- if you wanna read the next chapters, go to the old boards!! ;)

UP!

21. Diabla

Sep 30, 2002
    *tackles Chrissy* Shh! She can post here! lol

EDIT: I just updated the old story again I started a new one, "Daughter of the Sith" Vader/Leia AU - Christine seems to think it a good idea to tell you guys lol

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11146296&replies=0

22. Diabla

Sep 30, 2002
    Enjoy!

Finally, it made sense! Those words, that had seemed so alien, now became clear!

?You will pay, Kenobi for what you have done to my son?

Luke knew the meaning of the words... but not the context. Straining he remembered, images such as a tree falling, then pain, mist, then... then. A voice, and a presence... that must have been the man who had spoken. Though, it hadn?t been Bail, of that he was sure... and the remark was directed at Obi-wan, so it couldn?t of been him, so the only other person there had been...

Luke?s eyes snapped open at the realization, and awoke from unconsciousness.

Vader watched as his son stirred, then as his eyes snapped open. The Sith Lord found himself staring into a pair of frightened blue eyes. His eyes. The child looked frightened, no, terrified was a better description. Luke was sitting up on the med table, stock still, afraid to move. This wouldn?t do. Vader decided to break the silence.

?How are you feeling??

The child jumped, obviously he hadn?t been expecting him to have spoken. After a long pause, Luke still hadn?t responded.

?Well?? Vader prompted.

How am I feeling?

?Fine? he finally squeaked. Oh great, I sound like a wimp was the thought that repeatedly ran through Luke?s mind.

Vader just seemed to look at him, the only sound was his breath. There?s no way he could be my father Luke rationalized. I must have hit my head harder then I thought.

Darth Vader seemed to sigh.

Vader had been hoping that his first real interaction with his son wouldn?t be awkward. Yet things weren?t going too well. It would make things difficult if his son didn?t even accept him as his father. But what else could be expected? For eleven years, his son had been lead to believe that he was an orphan, not the son of the second most powerful man in the universe. The transition was going to be a tough one...for both of them.

?Follow me,? the Sith commanded, as he turned his heel and stalked out of the room. Vader had gotten halfway down the hall when he realized that his son hadn?t followed him. The Dark Lord had become too accustom to having his orders obeyed to have anticipated his offspring not to comply. Suppressing a growl, Vader returned to the med bay.

Luke had in fact gotten up, and prepared to follow the Dark Lord when he had been stopped by a medical droid, no doubt the one who had healed him.

?I must administer some tests before I can allow you to leave? it explained.

Luke?s mind was buzzing, he didn?t want to make Lord Vader mad at him! Hadn?t the stupid droid herd him? Luke had heard stories about the Dark Lord killing men for lesser things.

?I really think that I should go, now.?Luke tried

?I?m not letting you leave until I?m sure that---?

?What seems to be the problem?? Vader boomed as he reentered the room. Luke found himself unable to speak, or for that matter breathe. I knew it, he?s going to kill me! he thought as panic began to rise within himself. Then Luke rationalized that Vader wouldn't have had the droid treat him if he was planning on killing him anyway

?I wanted to make sure the boy was fine before he left the medical bay, sir? the droid answered. Vader stood still, contemplating.

?Very well, I?ll return in a few minutes.? the Sith replied. As he turned to leave, he took a glance at Luke, then left the room.

Could?ve gone worse... Vader reflected as he gazed out into space, his hands clasped firmly behind his back . Luke still didn?t accept the fact that he was his son. A minor setback, and one that he would over come. The boy would accept it, just as he would accept his new life as an Imperial, and a Sith apprentice. Everything would eventually work out, eventually.

Though, it was still a hard concept to grasp, him A Dark Lord of the Sith... a father. For someone like him to have a family, no matter how small... The last time he had even thought about family had

23. Darthina_Christine

Oct 6, 2002
    Good Dia. You told them! :D of course its a good idea! :D

Good Post!

24. -LadyVader-

Dec 30, 2002
    Great post, Dia! *eyes old board....Sniff...sniff* I would have replied here!

-LadyVader

25. Dobby04

Dobby04 Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2002
    up...UP!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.