Provo dreamin

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Tori_Dakk, Oct 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Tori_Dakk Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hello, I just wanted to start this here new topic for all those who wish to tell me about their dreams.

I had a really weird dream that I was pregnant and didn't even know it until the baby was born, and then after that I fell asleep for the next day to awake and find my baby girl gone! Ahhh! so I was in terrible search for her. Meanwhile joined by my husband we both were in search to her rescue! but then I woke up and realized, I don't have a baby! Wait I don't even have a husband!

That one is an extreme though, usually my dreams are of rock n roll concerts and other misc. stuff. YOU?

2. Boraccio Jedi Knight

star 1
    Last night I dreamt I was walking around downtown Salt Lake. My mom called and told me to pick up the chinese food at a restaurant downtown that she had ordered for the party (don't ask me what party because I have no idea). The only problem was that I couldn't remember where I had parked the car. I had to run up and down the streets trying to find the car. After I finally found the car, I couldn't remember where she had told me to pick up the food. After I found the place, I picked up all the food, and ordered a huge chinese meal for myself. The total for everything was $4.88. If I ever find this place outside of my dreams, I will become a loyal customer.
  3. Jedi_Jase Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hee Hee Hee. That dream is oddly specific..... Actually, my dream will top all of yours.
    I was running around with Anette Funacello(sp?)/Elizabeth Taylor and a few other people, around a table, when a cop came in because we set off some lasers, and so we ran into a bathroom, and hid then came out dressed differently and told him we were tourists. (I know you are all freaked out at this point, but bear with me.) I then left and I was Julie Andrews, only my hair was short and spiked and blonde. I was carting around a wheelbarrow filled with manure and muttering, "I hate men's voices!"
    I'm sorry that this was so scary, but I had it nonetheless. (A year ago.)
  4. spoo Jedi Master

star 4
    DISCLAIMER: Please do not read if you are overly squeamish. Some people can't take some stuff.

Here's one I had years ago. Stay with it, things shift around a bit.
    Oh, and I don't know how it is for you guys, but my dreams are an aweful lot like movies - sometimes they're from my perspective, but as often as not they're from a 3rd person vantage point. I'll make note of those 'shots' when they're important.

EXT STREET - DAY
    The grass was green, but the air felt cold in my lungs. I was running down the street in a nice neighborhood. The streets were desterted. Loose papers and other trash was scattered about, making it appearant that no one had been around in a while.
    I was running. But not just running, running for my life.
    I could hear the rumble behind me. They were gaining. The road curved to the left up ahead. On the right side of the street, in the doorway of a large white house, my dad was yelling for my to come instide.
    He was wearing a blue parka, which, come to think of it, strongly resebled Han Solo's Hoth outfit. (my dad actually has a parka like that).

*CRANE SHOT* Camera lifts high off the ground.

Hundreds of Velociraptors came running around the street corner. They were packed tight, almost like a stampede. I ran across the lawn to the door of the house.

INT ENTRY WAY - DAY
    *3rd person*
    The person was no longer my dad, but was now a woman in her thirties, wearing a red sweater. She had brown hair.
    The interior of the house was nicely decorated, though everything was jumbled around like there had been a huge scuffle. The stairs and banister were a rich dar red wood, and the stairs had one of those stair mats/carpets that fitted neatly.
    The woman told me to go upstairs into K******'s room (I don't think it was ever a particular name, it was just a meaning).
    I ran up the stairs.

INT UPSTAIRS - DAY
    *3rd person* The camera is positioned in the doorway of the first room on the left;
    I ran up the stairs and ran into the room, shutting it behind me. On the back of the door was a Toy Soldier. I opened its mouth, which acted as a viewslot so I could see outside.
    *1st person* My view through the door slot;
    A raptor was at the top of the stairs. It started to cautiosly pace down the hallway towards me. The door across the hall opened, and a man, seemingly in his fifties (he had greying hair and was all bald on top) stepped out. He was wearing a wife beater and white boxers. He was out of shape. He looked like he probably smoked.
    He stepped out, saw the raptor, and hastily stepped back in and closed the door.

I decided I had seen enough, so I looked around the room to find a place to hide.
    The wall opposite the side with the door was made entirely of framed panes of glass, with a glass door in it. In the far right corner along the wall with the door, there was a brown couch, angled across the corner, and a blue pool tarp.
    I ran over and hid in the space behind the couch, pulling the tarp over the opening. I could see the entire room over the arm of the couch.

I waited.

For a short while nothing happened - I had expected the Raptor to come through the door.
    Then, something bobbed into view outside the glass wall. It moved too quickly, and I culdn't tell what it was.
    Then it bobbed up again, but this time higher. It was the head of a Raptor.
    The Raptor jumped again, even higher.
    It jumped again, and this time, as it came down it batted the handle on the glass door. The door had a shiny gold-colored lever knob.
    The first attempt only made the handle flick, it didn't push far enough to push the latch.
    The Raptor jumped again, and this time hit the handle more sturdily, but still not strong enough.
    On its third try, the knob turned far enough for the door to swing open (it swung in).
    On the next jump, the Raptor landed neatly in the open doorway. (note; this door was on the 2nd floor. It lead to nowhere)

Suddenly, the door from the hallway burst open. A girl about 17 years old raced in, and with a flying-kick, hit the Rapto
  5. navaren Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've had dreams for the past two nights about living in/entering into houses that aren't mine, and the owners have not been too happy to see me. Two nights ago I had to deal with a very angry painting. Last night it was a live human. Very strange.
  6. Keighvin Jedi Knight

star 2
    The retention of senses in dreams is not as rare as it may appear, though many people don't sleep deeply enough to experience it. It's called lucid dreaming, where a cognizant awareness is retained throughout the experience. Experiencing literal sensations such as pain or other tactical, smell, taste, obviously vision and hearing, even extra sensory (not physcially categorized) senses come prominently into play.

There are many types of dreams as well, from simple neural discharge (dreams similar to activities throughout the day) to spontaneous creations that may or may not make any sense to us (or at all, despite the joy of psychoanalysis of the subconscious therethrough).

Many parts of the mind can be involved in the dreaming experience, both creative and analytical. Try and enjoy and remember them, it's a fun experience. More later, I'm rushing this 'cause I've got a meeting to be in.
  7. Boraccio Jedi Knight

star 1
    Welcome back Paul. Long time no see.
  8. Boraccio Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have also had a dream multiple times where Timp turns into a volano.
  9. LaurenFett Jedi Knight

star 1
    The only clear, recurring dream I've had is of spreading my arms like wings and soaring all over the place. Whenever I felt like it I could flap my arms and go floating up into the sky with ease. I have had this dream at least once a week since I was very small, and it takes place in various locations and under different circumstances. But it always involves other people (so I can show off my very cool talent). Strange, eh? Maybe I'm destined to be a flight instructor in heaven when we all get our wings ;)
  10. spoo Jedi Master

star 4
    What's the strangest is when you get severely injured, and wake up immediately. Sometimes you can still feel a giant gash in your arm for a few seconds after you're awake.
  11. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I had a dream last night that I was reading a Star Wars book in advance, somehow got a copy of it, and it was really cruel, because it had happen exactly what I WANT to happen next (or similar events thereof) in the New jedi Order, and then I woke up and discovered I didn't actually have the book. :( It made me sad, but inspired a new fanfic. Like I need any more of THOSE, though . . .

Dana
  12. andakin Jedi Master

star 4
    I had a dream I was watching the new cut of Fellowship of the Rings, then somehow the story took a way crazy turn, I transformed into an orc on the "red team" and was on this forest island had to shoot arrows at the orcs of the "black team." Oh, and some of the black orcs were fighting against their army... it was rather insane.

Oh, and the enemy orcs were throwing their buddies up in the air so they could get better vantage point at us behind the rocks.

*boggle*
    I'll shut up now...
  13. Keighvin Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks for the welcome back - I've been here, just lurking quietly. My time is far spent, stretched thin.

I unfortunately won't be in attendance on the 26th, I have family engagements. Ah well, not really the place for that anyway, is this?

So, um... Hi!

Bye 'gain.

Paul
  14. spoo Jedi Master

star 4
    I had a dream last night that we got a new member on our boards - but she was an 80 -year-old woman!
    She had written a script, too. It had good dialogue.
  15. andakin Jedi Master

star 4
  16. LeiaTygre Jedi Knight

star 1
    I had this dream the other night that I was Padme in the backless/sleeveless dress that was in shades of brown. And my husband was this dead sexy padawon. I could hear his thought. (don't worry guys and gals, I'll keep it PG like all the Star Wars movies.) He moved in to hug me and he was thinking "Whoa. Hee hee! THis dress is totally backless!"
  17. LeiaTygre Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've had some dreams like Navren's. I'm going through all these peoples houses (people I've known) and neighborhoods looking for something only I don't know what it is. And the temperature is always nice and it's never raining. I'm just glad those dreams have stopped.
  18. LiberalDrew Jedi Padawan

I keep having these dreams of abandonment. THey are scarier than any of the dreams where my arm gets cut off.
  19. spoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Liberal Drew, for some reason the arm getting cut off seems funny to me.

Or maybe I'm just a Star Wars geek!
  20. LeiaTygre Jedi Knight

star 1
    THat is kinda funny... Were you in a bar?
  21. LiberalDrew Jedi Padawan

Well... One time it was in a bar with a bunch of very strange people. And another time it was by an Aboninable snowman. And this other time it was in this really cool desert place that looked a heck of a lot like Brice Canyon.
  22. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    What are you guys doing, logging on, typing a message, then logging off so your spouse can log on and respond to your post?

Dana
  23. Tori_Dakk Jedi Knight

star 2
    OMGoodness- I just had a rather terrifying dream last night. That there was a sniper on BYU campus. Well anyways, alot of my dreams lately have been rather naugthy, but this wasn't.
    This guy was going around and killing people. He chose this girl and had her get on her knees and he shot her. So she died. I saw it but I wasn't in his view. but for some reason, I slowly followed behind him. and he was pretty cute, to me. So we are walking towards a duplex that's located on campus but in a secret forest type area by the Mckay building.
    And then he went into on duplex and I went into the other. And there was a girl sleeping on the couch and a boy playing video games. I told them all queitly to get up and go into the bedrooms, they said, that's against the Honor Code, and I said screw the Honor Code there's a guy killing people on campus and he's next door. Now get in the room! They did. But then, I went out when I heard the door open and close from the next door duplex.
    He saw me, but he didn't know I knew what he was doing, killing random people. So I just made small talk with him. At first, I wasn't being flirty, and I realized he was losing interest, and I remember thinking, OH crap, he's gonna wanna kill me cus I'm boring. So then I started to be flirty with him, and I asked him to walk me home, saying, I need a big strong man to protect me as I walk home. It was getting kinda late. So then he does. But on the walk home, we start holding hands. And then we kissed! Oh my! And he was blown away by my kiss. And he was just like. Wow. Babe, you're hot. And then he walked me home. And I kept thinking, I have to be on his good side, I have to be on his good side. So then he was like, I'll see ya around. And I smiled and agreed. he came into my home and put a bug on my phone. He said if I moved it, I was in trouble. I was thinking when I get home, I should call the police or something... but then I was like, he's going to be watching me... especially with a bug there. But I remember I had to go back on campus to my class. Now, this wasn't big news that they was a sniper loose on campus. So the word didn't get to everyone. Plus the police didn't want everyone to panick. ANd so I went to my class, and sure enough the teacher was there. I told I had met the sniper and that there was a sniper. I said, the police should look for him there. And then I didn't say anymore, cuz you know, police are smart. They should figure it out. And I knew my teacher would call the police so I didn't have to. So I returned home to warn my roommates to stay in the bedrooms as they returned from school. The sniper guy came over. We made out. and then he lefted. I didn't remember the rest, so I'll make it up.
    The police were staked out by my apt. complex but not in uniform. Causal. One guy started to make small talk. And he did a good job and lured him into an alley. And arrested the sniper. I was really freaked out, I remember thinking that during my dream. I felt like I purposely put myself in a very dangerous position. So I guess I came away from this dream thinking I should better guard myself and stay away from dangerous boys.

24. spoo Jedi Master

star 4
    So, boys and girls, the moral of this story is: don't make out with snipers.
  25. andakin Jedi Master

star 4
    No, no no, that's the second lesson.

First lesson is, don't flirt with a sniper.

Remember, small things lead to bigger things.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.