main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dreaming With a Broken Heart- Jagged Fel- Songfic- Author Replies

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CelseteAntola, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    Author: CelesteAntola
    Title: Dreaming With a Broken Heart
    Characters: Jagged Fel
    Timeframe: Post-Allies
    Summary: Jag tries to come to terms...
    Notes: SPOILER ALERT!!! If you've not read Allies, read on at your own risk!!

This fic was largely inspired by two things: Firstly, my completely emotional response to the events in Allies, despite the fact that I'm kind of a K/J leaning 'shipper... and secondly, the discovery of the John Mayer song that the fic is based off. This fic just unfolded in my head like a movie when I heard the song...

Finally, thanks to ThrawnMcEwok for the encouragement and the beta! [:D]

~Celeste

----

When You're Dreaming With a Broken Heart- by John Mayer

He shivered as she ran her fingers through his hair, and closed his eyes as her lips brushed close to his own. He breathed out slowly, savouring the feel of her against him, liking the way their breath mingled as she gently kissed around his lips.

He couldn't help smiling, and opened his eyes to lose himself in the infinite depths of her gaze.

"I love you," he whispered, meaning it with every fibre of his being, wanting to make her understand what mere words could not convey.

She smiled her crooked little smile, her eyes dancing. Her lips parted, and he ached to hear the words she was about to say. He ran his hands up her back and cupped the nape of her neck, prepared to reward her when she said those three little words that made his world complete...

When you're dreaming with a broken heart
    Then waking up is the hardest part

The alarm went off, yanking Jagged Fel out of the haven of his dreams... and back to the crushing reality of being alone...

You roll outta bed and down on your knees
    And for a moment you can hardly breathe

He reached over to shut off the alarm, and suddenly toppled over the edge of the bed.

He landed on his knees, and knelt there for a moment, sheets tangled around him, and tried to collect his thoughts.

It was impossible...

He felt like there was a void in his chest, a vacuum that threatened to consume him if he'd only let it. The only respite from the hollow ache was sleep, if it came, and even then she was there, teasing him, making love to him... but at least she was there.

To him, it was better than reality...

Wondering was she really here?
    Is she standing in my room?

He took a deep breath, his body shuddering despite his efforts to control it. Her presence was too tangible to ignore, even though he knew it was just a dream. He could still taste her kiss, feel the gentle caress of her fingers against his skin...

He growled and pushed himself to his feet. He knew he needed to get over her, move on, and he would. He was determined.

Then his gaze fell on the holo of Jaina on the bedside table, and he collapsed onto the edge of the bed, his head in his hands, his heart breaking all over again...

No she's not, 'cause she's gone, gone, gone, gone, gone...

He saw her again and again in his dreams as the months passed. Every time he told her he loved her; every time she'd start to reply, and then he would wake up feeling like his rib cage was being crushed.

The media's interest in his love-life slowly faded. He increasingly immersed himself into his work, more frequently damned his sense of duty... but the dreams didn't stop and the pain wouldn't go away.

When you're dreaming with a broken heart
    The giving up is the hardest part

Months passed, and he grew somber and brooded more, but the Imperial Remnant had never been in a better political position in the Galaxy. He had the Moffs under control, and relations with the Alliance were decidedly less tense.

He didn't expect to see her again, but there she was, staring at him across a ballroom.

He was in his finest, stiffest uniform, speaking with some of the most influentia

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Bittersweet. *sighs*

I really enjoyed this. I can really see Jag being broken behind closed doors.
    You did a wonderful job capturing his emotions like this.

=D=

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi Celeste: :* Bittersweet as Ceil says. :(

I still think if J/J were together in profic-land, your K/J trend would still be in deep hibernation :p

o_O

4. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    *dives into the thread, bounces, and sprawls flat on the rug*

THIRD!!!!!! [face_dancing] [face_laugh] :D

:p

:oops:

[face_blush]

*picks himself up, dusts down his comedy uniform, and hurries off to write a full reply* :D

- The Imperial Ewok

5. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    :eek: :( =D=

Celeste, you captured Jag's reactions EXPERTLY - his character is right on target here. :D =D=

And I =D= once again, because you managed to find the perfect song for this situation. I normally avoid John Mayer like the plague - something about most of his music just grates on me, but this was a superb choice for what Jag's going through. (bows)

- [face_peace],
    Onderon1

6. JordanCHFel

JordanCHFel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2009
    That was beautiful! I almost started crying!
    I hate Allies....it was ruined.....;)

7. Jaya_Jag_Ben

Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 5, 2009
    Blast Allies!!!
    :mad:

Oh!! I wish that things didn't have to be so complicated! Poor Jag. :_|

Anyway, great job Celsete. you have captured Jag's hidden emotions to a T.

I really hope things in the proflic. I really hope that Jaina gets, at least, a Happy ending.

JJB

8. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    [face_love] :_| [face_love]

What a superb job capturing Jag and his emotions. I can see him totally immersing himself in his work and only when in private would he grieve for his lost love.

Looking forward to, and praying heavily,[face_praying] for a spectacular reunion in close future.:D

[:D]

9. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    mentally cursing Luke Skywalker Uh yeah. Curse that man until the end of time, and then some.

:_|:_| Poor Jag.

Lovely piece. =D=

10. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    Beautifully painful, Celeste.

Too bad the canon authors would never give us this kind of emotion for Jag.

Bravo!
    DLPP

11. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    Time for replies!!

Ceillean- Bittersweet. *sighs*

I know. :( *sighs with you*

I really enjoyed this. I can really see Jag being broken behind closed doors.
    You did a wonderful job capturing his emotions like this.

Thanks! His emotions are downplayed in the books because of his Chiss upbringing, but I refuse to believe that the Chiss are 'emotionless.' They're just very good at hiding what they feel... and with Wynsssa Starflare as a mother, I'm sure Jag had a great many lessons in acting a part.

Thanks for reading and replying!

Jade_eyes- Hi Celeste: Bittersweet as Ceil says.

Aye. [face_plain]

I still think if J/J were together in profic-land, your K/J trend would still be in deep hibernation

Perhaps, but I still like playing around with different possibilities. ;) It's better than dwelling on what's going on in profic... *sigh*

Thanks for reading and replying! [:D]

ThrawnMcEwok- *dives into the thread, bounces, and sprawls flat on the rug*

[face_laugh]

THIRD!!!!!!

Nice job!

*picks himself up, dusts down his comedy uniform, and hurries off to write a full reply*

*thrums fingers on desktop* I'm still waiting... [face_not_talking]

Onderon1- Celeste, you captured Jag's reactions EXPERTLY - his character is right on target here.

[face_blush] Thanks.

And I once again, because you managed to find the perfect song for this situation. I normally avoid John Mayer like the plague - something about most of his music just grates on me, but this was a superb choice for what Jag's going through. (bows)

Really, when I heard the song this fic just played out in my head like a movie... Thanks! :D

Thanks for reading and replying!!

JordanCHFel- That was beautiful! I almost started crying!

*passes the tissues* I was the same way when writing this...

I hate Allies....it was ruined.....;)

Have hope, young one, have hope. [:D] And it's good to see you again!!

Thanks for reading!!

Jaya_Jag_Ben- Blast Allies!!!

I know, I know. Despite that, I thought it was a really good book... *sheepish grin*

Oh!! I wish that things didn't have to be so complicated! Poor Jag.

Me, too. [face_plain]

Anyway, great job Celsete. you have captured Jag's hidden emotions to a T.

Thank you very much! [face_blush]

Thanks for reading and replying and it's good to see you again!

Kailene- What a superb job capturing Jag and his emotions. I can see him totally immersing himself in his work and only when in private would he grieve for his lost love.

*nods* Thanks!

Looking forward to, and praying heavily, for a spectacular reunion in close future.

Aye!

Thanks for reading and replying! :D

FelsGoddess- mentally cursing Luke Skywalker Uh yeah. Curse that man until the end of time, and then some.

I know... [face_frustrated]

Poor Jag.

*passes FG some tissues too*

Lovely piece.

[face_blush] Thanks for reading and replying!

darkladypurplepencil- Beautifully painful, Celeste.

That's exactly what I was going for! :)

Too bad the canon authors would never give us this kind of emotion for Jag.

*nods* I agree.

Bravo!

*bows* Thanks for reading and replying!

~Celeste

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.