main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dreams Die Hard -- JA (O/Q) **TEASER FOR NEW STORY ADDED 12/18**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Shaindl, Nov 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Natira_Megnan

Natira_Megnan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2002
    *pets her cat and tries to dry her coat...again!*
    That was really beautiful ending for a great story. [face_love]

2. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    That was wonderful.

*hurries off to cry some more*

3. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    A really wonderful story with a magnificent ending. :)

It's tough to grab the readers with an outsider's narrative of the main characters, but you did a great job with it.

4. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    A wonderful ending to a wonderful story! I loved the ending. I will be following your future stories very closely! :D

I am so sorry to hear about your being laid off. I lived through one about 10 years ago and even though it wasn't easy, things worked out better than if I had stayed at the same company. I sincerely hope the same holds true for you. Good luck and we will see you on the boards when you can get here. :)

5. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Wow! [face_blush]

You guys certainly know how to make somebody feel special! Thank you so much for the compliments and kind words - it was a truly lousy week, so they really meant a lot.

Arldetta - MAGNIFICENT!!!!

I have been reading a lot of fics over the past few months, and from what I have read, this is by far one of the better stories I have read. And I don't mean that lightly.
    - thank you! Truly a compliment because there are so many good fics here.

Coota - This was an awesome story, Shaindl; I just finished reading it. I love the main character who tells the story, and I loved Obi-Wan's stand against the Elite soldies. I was impressed by everything. I would like to see more stories from your OC's point of view; he's an interesting guy. Anyhow, good job. - Thanks! I'd like to see more stories with my OC too, but I don't think he did anything else with the Jedi. [face_laugh] I've been trying to think of a way I could work him in to other stories, so we'll see...

Arwen - Bloody brilliant!!! Loved it!! - I hope the next one will live up to your expectations! Thanks for being such a dedicated reader!

JediSuzuran - Beautiful ending, Shaindl, just beautiful - [face_blush] - thank you - are you updating soon or have I missed one? I want to see what happens with Xani...

Jedi_Nayru - I really like the way you wrote this fic, it's very original. I also like how Luke showed up at the end- it's perfect. - thanks! The idea for the end came from Falls - I can't take any credit for that. It really tied it all up better than I would have without the idea!

tberquist - a new reader! Thanks for taking the time to reply - Please write more, this is one of the absolute best stories I've EVER read. - thanks and there are many better stories than mine here...you have a lot of reading to do! :D

obi_ew - Brilliant ending to a brilliant story! Hurry up and start your new one please! - and yours is just as brilliant! I'm hoping the the first post of the new story The Roads We Travel Shatter and Split will be up either today or tomorrow. I've added a little snippet at the end of this post...

Obaona - Wow, Shaindl. That was brilliant. Simply brilliant. I love the scope of your story, the way you use words. I love the detail and how truly believable it all is. I love how I felt such sadness as the main character orated Obi-Wan's fate - and that feeling of Yes! I got when he finally met Obi-Wan's legacy - Luke Skywalker.

Simply brilliant. I am recommending this story to my friends.

*goes off to see if Shaindl has written other stories . . .*
    - umm, don't know how to respond to such praise. Thank you so very much - I'm so glad that my writing evoked such feelings. And your comment about the way I use words - you couldn't have said anything nicer to me. Thank you!

And **coughs suggestively** look at my sig for more stories. Although I'm not quite as happy with them as I am with this.

jedi_dawn2dusk - but this story was just too amazing for me to not say anything. You captured an amazing depth of feeling, the whole thing was just incredibly magnificent. I also love the point of view that the story was written from. - I drew you out of lurking? Wow - I appreciate that! The POV just made the most sense when I came up with the idea. Rohal just popped into my head along with the idea. Although when I started I had no idea where he was going to take the story...

Zara - Awesome. What else is there to say? Stupendous. I loved it. I love how he gets to tell Luke as if not only he comes full circle, but Luke himself coming full circle. - Thanks! You know, I hadn't interpreted the end that way, but you're so right. It's wonderful to see how different people can read things in your work without you realising it's there.

PaddyJuan - Very well done. I quite enjoyed this one. thank you - you're welcome - and thanks for reading!

PadawanKit

6. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Ooooh.... You got me so interested! I just love Garen and the way you depicted him was exquisite! [face_love]

Before I start drooling on my keyboard, I'd like to add that I was lurking - yes, I'm bad - and I was dumbfounded by this story. It must have been a great challenge to write from this particular point of view and you did a wonderful job. That's why I'm so happy that your future story will be including Garen. I know he's in good hands! ;)

7. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :eek: Holy Monkeys! Who'd a thunk it! Garen grew up to be a hotty! :D Can't wait for you to start posting this after that MAJOR teaser! :p

Great, first an Obi addiction spread into a Xan addiction and now you're trying to toss in a Garen one! :D

8. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.