main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dreams (h/c angst, mush) Finished 5/9

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by sheleigh, Mar 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Author: Sheleigh
    Disclaimer: Don't own them... just borrow Obi and Qui mainly to torture them... oops did I say that?

Dreams

Through the forest he ran, but a blur of light, his precious bundle grasped in

strong arms. He winces as the trembling figure screams, another seizure racking the slight

frame.

"Remember all the good times, young one! Remember! They will help you

through this." Still the soothing and calm voice has no effect on the boy. The man looks

warily around nerves on high alert, should the enemy that has hurt his young companion

attempt another attack.

*~*Flashback*~*

The man watches in fascinated horror as the saber slices through the air, straight

at the King they were to protect. Again mobile, he darts forth to defend him, but the split

second of hesitation has cost him, and he knows he won't save their charge. Yet, it was

not the end yet. His companion throws himself in front of the King. The boy who risks

his life to save another is speared through the stomach. He stiffens, shock registering on

the young face. Their masked foe laughs a cold laugh, a maniac's laugh. With a motion

so fluent, it is like silk, the maniac pulls his weapon out, revering in the blood that spurts

from the gruesome wound, then the maniac twists away, running silently from the scene.

The older man dashes over to the King and pushes him roughly into the safety of

the barracks. Then he turns and runs to his companion and gathers him into his strong

arms.

*~*End Flashback*~*

The man looks down again at the boy he grasps in his arms. He cries out with a

pain so deep, "NO! DON'T GO, DON'T!"

The life seems to be sucked out of the body and with a final breath the boy dies.

Qui-Gon Jinn wakes in a cold sweat. The dream seems so vivid, so real that he

gets up and does a precautionary check of his room. Walking into an adjacent room

aboard the small ship he and his apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi were currently occupying

Qui-Gon sits down to think of the mission ahead: a war-torn planet, with a King hiding

from his own people.

He stares at the wall fighting his own internal battle forcing himself to decide.

Should he live with the fact that he was to let an innocent man die for crimes he didn't

commit, or risk the chances of losing the boy he considers his son.

TBC... if you want that is...

More blabbering by the author: so should I continue?
    Aww, Jeez, I already screwed this up... the story idea for the begining was based off a poem called the Elven-King, which is in german, and that is a rough spelling of it.

2. Amithyst_Blade

Amithyst_Blade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    oh... i want more!!! only if you have mush in it and angst! Together it makes a great story... let mush between padme & ani live forever!

3. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Very cool. Definitely more please!

Kit

4. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Amithyst_Blade- heh, I can't write just angst... there has to be mush to go with it.

Kit- thanks for the review :)

I will try and post the next part soon... ^_^

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Definitely more- with lots o' mush :)

6. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Should you keep going. I really have to think on that......

YOU BETTER KEEP GOING WITH THIS FIC!

Please post soon. Pwetty pwease with chocolate on top. pwease! ^_^

Love the fic so far.

7. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Thanks for the feedback! I am glad you all like it so far :)

Obi-Wan Kenobi and his Master, Qui-Gon Jinn walked down the ramp of their small transport and were greeted by a hooded man. Jinn walked over to him, and bowed using the lower vantage-point to peer into the hood that covered the face, and was surprised to see, not a man but a young woman. ?I welcome you, Master Jedi. Please follow me.? Qui-Gon nodded, then motioned for Obi-Wan to follow. The two Jedi fell easily into step behind the young women, who led them through a complex series of twists and turns. The trio finally reached their destination, a small rickety hut on the outskirts of the town they had landed in. The woman walked into the hut, and threw of her hood. ?I am sorry that I had to be so silent, and didn?t give you a proper greeting at the landing platform, but people are suspicious, and many know my face. I am the king?s adviser, and hidden council. My name is Deidra Magliina, and I welcome you.? Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan bowed to the adviser. ?Now, if I may inquire?what are your names??
    ?Qui-Gon Jinn and this is my Padawan learner Obi-Wan Kenobi. We are here because the king of this planet requested help from the Republic.?
    ?Yes, this is a fact. His Majesty is greatly troubled. The people of this planet have become angry, because the pollution of the major cities is slowly killing the life here. They see this as the Kings fault. Please Master Jedi, help our king! He is innocent, and has done nothing. Indeed, he had warned the people that this may happen. And happen it did. The people became angry, it wasn?t bad at first. A nuisance really, but it has gotten worse. The king is now in exile, and all that remains of his rule is the castle. The people have taken over, and there is a bounty for his head. They won?t listen to reason, Master Jedi! Any supporters we may have left have been killed, captured and tortured, or gone into hiding.? By now Deidra had tears flowing down her cheeks and she hastily reached up to scrub them away. ?Please, I beg of you?don?t let another innocent die.? Qui-Gon winced at those words, thinking back to his dream.
    ?Was it a dream? Or was it a vision?of what is to come? Perhaps what will come if I accept this mission?? Qui-Gon snapped his attention back to the now, realizing that Deidra and Obi-Wan were staring at him. He quickly composed himself, then brought up shields to block his inner most thoughts. ?We would be glad to help you, Lady Deidra. We respectfully ask to speak with His Majesty, as soon as possible. It would be best if we got him to Coruscant as quickly as possible.? Deidra agreed quickly, and then turned on her heel, heading off to get the king.
    ?Master? Is something wrong? You lost focus for a moment?? Obi-Wan trailed off, not knowing what else to say. Jinn looked down on his apprentice, and awarded him a smile that didn?t quite reach his eyes.
    ?Everything is fine, my s- Padawan. A disturbance in the Force.? Obi-Wan glanced down, looking abashed.
    ?Oh. I didn?t sense anything.?
    ?Nor would I expect you to. It was nothing more then a ripple. Do not worry, keep your thoughts on the here and now.? Obi-Wan started to say something, but thought better of it. This time Qui-Gon did smile, and looked down fondly at his Padawan. ?He was no doubt about to say something completely sarcastic, or something completely serious. I am lucky to have this one.?
    Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan turned towards the door, just as Deidra darted in. The two Jedi immediately noted her urgency. ?Please come quickly! The king has been poisoned!? Deidra ran from the room, with the two close at her heels. Again, they went through a complex series of twist and turns, before coming to a large tree. Deidra walked up to it and rapped a series of rhythms. The image of the tree wavered for a moment, then fell completely, revealing what resembled a fortress. Deidra walked in the two steel doors in the front of the fortress and the two Jedi followed, silently. The large doors closed with an eerie bang and silence enveloped the fortr

8. Amithyst_Blade

Amithyst_Blade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Oh cool! More... will the next postie have mush? :-D

9. ShirleyLang

ShirleyLang Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    Nice beginning so far!

I think I have already read the beginning somewhere, though I don't remember where... or perhaps it was only a similar story (there are many 'Obi-Wan-seriously-injured-and-propaply-going-to-die'-stories here).

I'm not sure how to understand the continuity of the two parts though. Is the first part a dream/vision of Qui-Gon? Or did it already happen? Or do you explain what happened before it came so far?

Anyway, keep it up! (And give us some more posts, please!)

10. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    heh... to answer you question Shirleylang, yes the first part of the first part is a dream sequence... and everything will be explained in time. Right now, I am a bit preoccupied with school, and catching up on all my other fanfics... as for someplace else you might have read it... I have it posted at fanfiction.net... if it anywhere else... well *looks confused* I haven't a clue!

Thanks for the feedback guys! ^_~

11. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Cool story!!!
    I have such a feeling this will be a dangerous mission!!! ;)
    I like Qui-Gon´s behavior to Obi-Wan!!! He felt for him like a son, that´s too cute ;) !!

Continue soon, please!!

Angel_Skywalker

12. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey sheleigh!
    Great story so far!
    Can't wait 4 more
    -Snowbee-Wan Kenobi

13. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    interesting.....I think I like it so far,

1 ?, is this going to be something we have to read the elfin king to understand?

14. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    I Love Sci-fi... nope you don't have to read the Elvin King... just giving an idea where the plot came from... habit I guess.

I will try to get the next post up on Friday... not to good with writing in the middle of the week... school among other things prevents me from writing as much as I would like... yeah, I know... everyone listen to my troubles ^_~ anyways... until next time... ^_^

15. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    POST WOSTY SOON! Pretty please with chocolate and sweet stuff on top!

16. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    okeyday, eagerly awaiting the next posty ;)

17. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    The post will be later tonight folks, not earlier, like I had hoped... once again Life gets in the way... *looks depressed* angst coming!

By the by, thanks for all the wonderful feedback! ^_^

18. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    A new post???
    That sounds great!!!
    Can´t wait ;) !!!

Angel_Skywalker

19. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Well I said I would try to get this up by Friday... and it still is! heh, wow... I actually met a deadline I set for myself... *snaps out of it* I will probably post more later tonight, or early tomorrow! As Always, feedback welcome!

Shetan walked out of the King?s chambers, ignoring Deidra as he walked by. The young woman in question stepped aside, not willing to get in the man?s way. As Shetan glided by the woman he gave her a withering glance, then stopped in his stride, to turn back to the lady.
    ?I will only tell you this once, girl, you will not interfere with anything I do with the King.? Deidra, looking quite confused, simply gaped at the man.
    ?S-sir? What ever are you talking about, Dr. Shetan?? Shetan seemed to take offense from being addressed, but just jerked his head.
    ?You heard me, now stay out of my way.? Deidra nodded. ?Good.? Shetan continued his sweeping gait down the hall, his ever-present black cape billowing from his shoulders.

Obi-Wan woke from an odd dream (though he couldn?t remember the details) in a cold sweat. The apprentice glanced quickly around his room, habit taking over, and took in all the details. Once he realized where he was, he slid silently out of his bed, and walked over to the small window that was in his room. From there he looked at the sky, noting the lack of stars, but what appeared to be fog. Obi-Wan sighed, and after glancing around once again, decided that walking around the fortress would be appropriate. The boy walked out of the room, after slipping on his robe, and started down the long hallway that eventually lead to the main chambers, and a large living area. He continued his walk past the quarters his Master was staying in. Of course Qui-Gon took notice of the boy?s restless movement, but Obi-Wan quickly reassured him that he only required some exercise.
    Obi-Wan?s long walk down the hall came to an abrupt end when he was jerked from his feet, with something clamping over his mouth, and simultaneously cut off from the Force. Before the boy could cry out mentally, or physically to his Master, blackness had overtaken him, and he fell limp in the shadowy figure?s arms, unconscious.

*dream*

Darkness seemed to envelop the two. Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn turned, both looking for the passage to lightness again. ?MASTER!? the horrified scream of the Master?s apprentice filled the darkness? a chamber, perhaps? Jinn honed in on the scream, and moved quickly towards it. A blood-red blade shot from the darkness, filling the room with an eerie gleam. The light of the sabre partially lit a face, showing the hideous scars.

?You remember me, Jinn? No?of course you don?t. You did this to me! YOU DID THIS TO ME!? Qui-Gon stopped his advances as the blade of the sabre moved towards his Padawan?s throat. ?You led me to this?now live with it!? The red blade sliced through the air, but an emerald green sabre intercepted it.

?No. I will not allow you to do anything to harm this boy.? The Jedi Master Force pushed his opponent away from Kenobi. The boy fell limply to the ground, unconscious. The mysterious man laughed coldly, then raised his sabre over the teen, and impaled him upon the weapon. Jinn screamed in horror, and rage, then using his emerald blade sliced viciously at the enemy. But rage had taken over the Master?s mind, and the man used his calmness, and adjustment to the darkside to back Qui-Gon to a corner. Then he utilized his escape route, and escaped before the Jedi Master was able to react.

Qui-Gon ran to his fallen apprentice, using the shared bond to monitor him. He pushed Force energies towards his apprentice, trying in vain to save his Padawan.

Obi-Wan looked up at him, blood trickling from the corner of his mouth. ?Master? I am sorry.? Qui-Gon felt an onslaught of tears threatening to spill over.

?Whatever for, my Padawan?? The mortally wounded apprentice reached up a shaking hand to his mentors face, and touched him on the cheek.

?I failed?you?sorry.? Qui-G

20. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    You like leaving your readers hanging off cliffs, don;t you?

21. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Ahh... me? Leave it at a cliff hanger? nah, never! ^_^

22. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
  23. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    Interesting :) !!!
    Obi-Wan is kidnapped??
    I´ve a strange feeling torture is coming ;) !!!
    Qui-Gon´s dreams are really nice!! Did Shetan do this to him??

HOPE FOR MORE SOON !!!!!

Angel_Skywalker

24. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    cliff cliff cliff, why oh why is it always a cliff on this story ;) great post BTW!

25. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    heh... thanks for the feed back! :) As for the cliffhangers... well I don't know... I guess that is how my mind works... post coming up later tonight/early tomorrow! ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.