main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Dreams Pass in Time- Anakin viggie

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Aug 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    This is a plot bunny that bit at two this morning.

Dreams Pass in Time

When he was a young boy, his dream had been simple. He had dreamed of freedom for himself and his mother. Time would both fulfill and crush that humble dream. He achieved freedom for himself. He left behind the dusty planet of his servitude, but his mother remained there, still property, living at the whim of another.

The little boy who had dreamed only of freedom then began to imagine bigger dreams. He dreamed of achieving greatness through the life of a Jedi. He anticipated the day when those around him would see him as one of those noble warriors, and respect him. He craved that respect, something he?d had too little of in his life.

A Jedi was supposed to be both powerful and humble. He never doubted his power or potential. But he discovered, as the years passed and the boy became a man, that he?d had a bellyful of humility while he?d lived as a slave. Humility was a bitter potion for him to swallow, and he choked on it no matter what words were used to sweeten it.

His dream of becoming the perfect Jedi began to crack at the edges. The heat of his anger caused it to warp just a bit, and the dream became more twisted as time passed.

Falling in love transformed the dream once more. When he was with her, he ached to be a better man. He longed to prove himself worthy of her love. After all, she had once been a queen. Yet, she?d freely given her heart to him, the man who had been born a slave. But in the deepest corner of his heart, he knew that there was something wrong, something lacking within him.

He charged through the galaxy, trying to fill up that empty space. But still the emptiness yawned within, and he found only one thing that appeased the hunger. He had hoped that love would fill up the emptiness; that she would complete him and make him whole. But, no matter how much he loved her; there was something else that made him feel completely alive. He fell in love with power.

Power. He found he was addicted to it. He craved the exhilaration it brought him; he dreamed of what he would achieve with it. And when he let it flow through him, he was both awed and shocked at how it made him feel. It was only then that he felt alive and in control of his fate. Power gave him what love could not.

And the dreams of the lover began to alter once more. His new dream was darker, a mere shadow of what the boy had dreamed. He recognized the ?wrongness? of it, but found himself compelled to follow its path.

There was a day when the man he?d become faced a choice. He made his decision, and he took up his new blade and struck out at the old life. He crushed the old dreams beneath his boot heels and vowed to never look back. The old life had betrayed him, it had left him empty and aching, and so he destroyed it. There was still a dream that lived within him, but the boy he had once been would not have recognized it.

The new dream was a strange and distorted thing, one that grew in the shadows and thrived on the agony it created. The dark dream was bolstered and nurtured by his even darker master.

But the dream began to change yet again during the passage of the dark years. It festered, becoming more of a wound than anything else. It still lived within him, but he was unable to change it or cure it. He bandaged it when necessary and ignored it when he could.

Then there came an unknown light that forced its way into the darkest corners of the warped and bleeding dream. The light was of his own making, what an irony in that! And in the end he stood powerless once more, a hostage to love this time instead of hate.

He took his dream in hand once more and thought back to the slave boy from Tatooine. And in the end, he recreated the dream one last time. It was a beautiful creation, one wrought of light and love, brought to life by sacrifice.

The man let this dream embrace him and see him off on that final journey. He found the passage to be an easy one, now that his heart was whole. He laughed w

2. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Very sad to see the progression of his dreams. Nicely done!

3. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Ah! That scene in AOTC kills me everytime. :_| But on to this. Very moving my dear. What a journey he took during the course of his double life. :( Hope that makes sense. ;)

4. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    That was very nice. Very touching. I really enjoyed it.

5. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    I liked this one. I liked how you showed the dreams changing and passing through his lifetime.

Very well writen, as always. :)

6. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    This is a plot bunny that bit at two this morning.

I must find that bunny and give him a nice carrot! Without him, we wouldn't have this lovely creation.

Very unique concept, showing the progression of his dreams throughout his life. You really got beneath the surface and at the heart of Anakin's desires. It's as if he was always running from something, mainly his past as a slave, and desperately trying to find respect, acceptance and fulfillment - only to find at the end that it was there all along, had he only realized it.

Beautiful, but then I expect nothing less from you. :)

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    AnakinsHeir Thanks! I think Anakin's story is sad, too.

obi_ew I KNOW! :_| It kills me, too. If only... Thank you! I know what you mean. Great minds think alike, or warped minds, whatever...

Dally Thank you so very much!

Jedikma Thank you so much! You're always so nice.

Gina Thank you! [face_blush] I'm glad you liked it.

8. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh that was great! Loved how you went down the timeframe there! How crushed his old life (stomped on it and turned away) left it for the new life. Great descriptions there of how Power was what filled him and made him whole ;)

Great work!!!

9. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Alright Mom, I guess you did an okay job with this one. Not great but okay. Just kidding! Oh gods, don't hurt me! :D [face_laugh] You did a really great job with this, but then again you always do. :) I love you!

10. CapNJaxWench

CapNJaxWench Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    How sad! :_| Poor Anakin, his dreams all turn to dust. Lovely viggie.

11. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    :_| Awesome viggie!

12. SenatorHermione

SenatorHermione Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2004
    Poor Anakin. I hate it when bad things happen to my Anakin. :_| How sad.

This is an awesome viggie. I absolutely love it! You are such an amazing writer.

13. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    That was cool how you mixed the theme of dreams with aspects of Anakin's life. Good work.

14. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    Then there came an unknown light that forced its way into the darkest corners of the warped and bleeding dream.

Nice description of Luke. I liked the theme and the full-circle of his dreams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.