main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

dreamTime() - Matrix Fan Film

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by djTomServo, Feb 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djTomServo

djTomServo Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2003
    Greetings all, just a quick note to announce another Matrix Fan Film in production, check it out at:

dreamTime()

It's been in production since about last December, I'm finally at the point where I can start blocking shots and building animation. I probably won't make this an official production thread sorta thing, most of the info will go on the website. Anyway have a look see, enjoy and such. . .

2. SilverFox0440

SilverFox0440 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    You aren't working on the modelling any more than it's current state? It looks like it's a little sparse, to me.

3. Weslen

Weslen Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 2002
    Ah - just visited the site. At first I was confused, and thought it was actually called dreamTime(). As in:

private void dreamTime(int n);

Still though, the combinining of two words, with the second word capitalized is indicative of such.

Question - with the exclusion of texturing, are those models done? The agent looks somewhat 'alienish' to me.

4. djTomServo

Dec 29, 2003
    Actually at this point nothing contentwise is final, especially the models. The geometry is actually pretty close, I'm going to rely more on shading to make the models pretty, probably do some normal mapping, etc, stuff like that. The way I do production, final modelling and shading are the last things in the 3d pipe before rendering. The models at this point are enough that I can do basics. Once my shots are blocked and I've done the first animation pass, I'll go back and tweak the models a bit to fit the animation if necessary, then refine the animation, then tweak the models, etc until everythings final. Then i'll do shading. Thank god I don't have milestones to meet and publishers to keep happy on this project!

5. djTomServo

Dec 29, 2003
    At first I was confused, and thought it was actually called dreamTime(). As in:

private void dreamTime(int n);

It is but its more like:

global proc string[] dreamTime( string $episode )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.