main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Dreamweaver--Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon vignette--Vignette 45

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Note: Thanks to kateydidnt who challenged me to write this while we were having a very odd conversation about dreams.
    "I had the strangest dream last night."

Qui-Gon would have smiled and chided Obi-Wan for his use of such an imprecise term, but Obi-Wan usually wasn't this talkative in the mornings and this was something to be heeded.

"A dream or a Force vision?" Qui-Gon asked.

Obi-Wan, looking altogether too pensive for the average seventeen-year-old as always, waved his spoon vaguely. "It wasn't entirely clear."

"Have you meditated on it this morning?" he suggested mildly.

Meditation was generally like the generic painkiller corephem--it was something that a Master could prescribe with the words 'take four hours of this and call me in the morning.'

"Do you meditate on Yoda's shaving cream?"

He could do little more than blink and ponder rather frantically the question of whether or not Obi-Wan was serious.

"Not as a general practice, no," Qui-Gon confessed rather cautiously. "Do you think it would help?"

"No," Obi-Wan reasoned, "which is why I haven't meditated on it!"

Apparently, this was supposed to make some kind of sense to him, but he could not honestly understand how or why.

"Tell me more about this dream," he prompted, sitting at the kitchen table with the air of someone about to undergo a very painful experience.

"It was about Master Yoda needing to lend his shaving cream to Master Windu so Master Windu could shave his nose hairs."

Qui-Gon wasn't even sure Master Windu had nose hairs, much less that they needed to be shaved. He honestly hadn't bothered to look that close in years.

"Go on," he said, honestly wishing that he could avoid that suggestion.

"Well, it was all fine and good until we found out that Siri had put julaberry sauce in Master Yoda's shaving cream because it would dye his hair fuschia and Yoda started whacking Jocasta Nu with his walking stick because she had put the julaberries in the same box as the datacards for The Ugly Mynockling..."

"I see," Qui-Gon lied, hoping to cut this off before he went into a glaze-eyed stupor.

"And Bant, Siri, Bruck and Depa Billaba were all doing a kickline and singing that one song about Jedi Attachments from Jedi: The Musical. You know, the one about..."

"I get the idea," Qui-Gon interrupted frantically.

That song was hardly appropriate for Masters and definitely not suitable for a teenager with an overload of hormones. Perhaps it would be appropriate to meditate that out of the boy's system.

"Well, then they wanted me to do a dance solo because the turbolift wouldn't work..."

Too late. Eye-glaze had taken full effect and it would take a supreme effort with the help of the Force to escape it.

"And then you were there, wearing a Twi'lek dancing costume. I must say you have QUITE shapely legs..."

"OBI-WAN!"

The roar of near-panic seemed to snap them both out of their state. Obi-Wan blinked, obviously wondering when and how he had lost his train of thought. Qui-Gon blinked, trying to recover some kind of control over the situation.

"So, what do you think, Master?" Obi-Wan asked at last in deferential curiosity.

Qui-Gon sighed sympathetically, then patted his Padawan's shoulder. "Dreams pass in time," he assured the young man.

Let's hope this one passes instantaneously.

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000

This and the fact Qui-Gon seemed to actually think about it left me laughing. HA!!! Great dream. If I were Obi-Wan, I'd be hoping it would continue the folloiwng night. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

3. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006

This really made me laugh. Don't I wis some dreams would do that![face_laugh]

4. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    [face_laugh] This was funny, Qui Gon actually thinking before answering about the shaving cream. I can see why he'd go into a stupor, it all seemed kind of random. Oh, but when Obi Wan commented on his legs, well, that broke him out of it all right!

Sage wisdom, dreams pass with time...

5. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    This was hilarious. [face_laugh]

Loved that line. :)

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Healer_Leona--LOL, glad you enjoyed that moment. That would be a very fascinating thing to continue.

Araxie--I have the same feeling. :) Thanks!

dm1--LOL, yes, thanks. It would be a stupor-inducing description and it was entirely random. The legs thing would be downright frightening.

JediMaster_Jen--Thanks! :) Glad you liked that line. This was hilarious.

Loved that line.

7. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

That was sooo funny[face_laugh]
    I giggled as I read it I am glad no one was in the room or they may have thought I had gone silly.8-}
    Very nice piece[face_dancing]

8. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    very nice and funny little post!!!!!!!!!!

9. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Lovely little vig, DarthIshtar! Well done, and I thank you muchly for making my laugh so hard!:)

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Gkilkenny--LOL, thanks! Giggling is a good thing to do.

kenobiwanobi--Thanks, kenobiwanobi!

-Darksaber---Thanks, Darksaber. My pleasure for making you laugh.

11. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    "Have you meditated on it this morning?" he suggested mildly.

[face_laugh] Ha! He says it so casually! Kinda' like, 'Did you remember to brush your teeth, this morning?'

Meditation was generally like the generic painkiller corephem--it was something that a Master could prescribe with the words 'take four hours of this and call me in the morning.'

*snork!*

He could do little more than blink and ponder rather frantically the question of whether or not Obi-Wan was serious.

[face_laugh]

Apparently, this was supposed to make some kind of sense to him, but he could not honestly understand how or why.

"Tell me more about this dream," he prompted, sitting at the kitchen table with the air of someone about to undergo a very painful experience.

[face_laugh] Okay, and that's kinda' like, 'All right, I didn't get that. Maybe if I move past it fast enough, he won't notice'

He honestly hadn't bothered to look that close in years.

[face_worried] So...at one point he DID look that close?

"So, what do you think, Master?" Obi-Wan asked at last in deferential curiosity.

Qui-Gon sighed sympathetically, then patted his Padawan's shoulder. "Dreams pass in time," he assured the young man.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    I LOVED this! It was Hilarious, with a capital 'H'!!!!!!!!!

12. Frostfyre

Frostfyre Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 1999
    LOL!!

Ah, the joys of parenthood. Rule number 684: Don't ask teenagers about their dreams.

Though I rather wonder if, once we got to the Twi'lek dancing costume bit, if Obi-Wan wasn't gently winding his master up...

13. TheLurker

TheLurker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2005

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

"And then you were there, wearing a Twi'lek dancing costume. I must say you have QUITE shapely legs..."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

This one actually had me laughing out loud, which is quite unusual for me to do. Luckily I'm the only one home...

~Rhi

14. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    Heehee, Yoda Shaving Cream! That's awesome :)

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Meredith_Kenobi--Yeah, it was pretty casual, which was one of the more fun things to write. Obi-Wan thinks there's nothing to find strange about this whole thing. LOL, I'm very proud of the "take four hours of this and call me in the morning," but can't take credit for it. It's a 'tribute' to Linda Bennett, who was our medical contact as missionaries. It didn't matter if you were going into shock or had food poisoning. She always told you to "take four ibuprofen every six hours and call me in a week." The matter of did he look that close is definitely a don't ask, don't tell. :) Thanks with a capital 'T'!

Renton Kenobi--Glad you enjoyed. Thanks!

TheLurker--LOL, thanks. Glad it evoked such a strong response.

Frostfyre--I hope, when I have kids, that they won't be quite like this, but yeah, I'll remember rule 684. I don't think Obi-Wan was intentionally winding his Master up.

16. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    [face_laugh] this was funny

Good to see that even jedi have weird dreams, cause i sure as hell have had my share of those :oops: [face_laugh]

17. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Oh dear - that was so funny...

[face_laugh]

=D=

18. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    [face_laugh] I second that on the last line! Dreams can be so confusing and sometimes disturbing for a Jedi. I wonder how Obi-Wan came up with all that stuff? :D

19. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Qui needs to learn when not to ask any more questions...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.