main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Dressing A Galaxy - Star Wars Costumes at FIDM-*UPDATED*

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediRacer, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I know there are probably two threads on this already, but I feel like starting a new one.

Apparently, we have to buy tickets for time slots to see this exhibit. It's not like the other movie costumes exhibits they have at the FIDM where you can just go anytime and see them for free. It's only $5 though.

Click here for more info. VK posted this link earlier.

So, we should start making plans.

When shall we go?!??

EDIT:
    UPDATE: LAFF will visit the FIDM exhibit on Saturday Oct. 15 at 10am! Sign up at the end of this thread.

UPDATE #2 Meet at FIDM at 9:30am. We will have lunch afterwards!! FIDM is located between 9th Street and Olympic Street and between Hope Street and Grand Avenue in Downtown. Click on the link above for directions.

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Man! I really want the autographed book but is it really worth spending almost $250 more for the autograph?

3. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Well, you get a cast replica of a wookie belt buckle and a swatch of cloth that is from the same bolt of fabric that they made Darth Vader's cape with. That's almost worth it.

Since I'm an impatient person, I ordered tickets for the 11:30 time slot on Sept. 12 (DH and my lunch time). If anyone wants to join us..go ahead and order tickets and you can meet us there!

We should plan an group outing too on a weekend. I think other FF's will be coming down to see this exhibit.. perhaps a FF day? I don't know, I'm getting ambitious and ahead of myself. Who knows if the other FF's want to hang out with us anyway.

4. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    So, JR, did you pre-order one? Thanks for getting the ticket.

5. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I ordered my ticket for 11:30 -- you do know it says you have to be there a half hour ahead, right?

I ordered the book (not from FIDM, from the publisher), so I won't get it on the 12th, but I will have it to show everyone eventually.

6. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I have class at that time, but I would definitely like to go another day.

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I pre-ordered my book through FIDM so I should pick it up then. Half an hour early, eh? Well, I guess it will be a really long lunch then.

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Oh, and with respect to another day, perhaps we can find a good weekend day when those interested can get together to go see the exhibit. We also need to figure out a way to sneak some sort of spy camera in so we can get pictures.

9. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I too have class that day. If I don't go with the group I can always go with my buddy Alex, who made her own Sith costume for the premeire. She'll freak. But let me know what weekend y'all pick.

10. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Should we try to pick a weekend when we can all go to this together? Should we try for Sept. 17th (Sat)? The first weekend it'll be open the public?

11. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I can't go that weekend because we'll still be gone. I really can't go on a weekend until October. But that shouldn't stop you'all from going, I will just see it during the week I get back!

By the way -- if anyone wants a ticket for Opening Day at 11:30 -- I will transfer my ticket to you, no charge.

12. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I was just checking the site and it seems that the entire opening week is sold out. It seems a bit strange, but yeah.. so we will have to plan for another time. Is no one else interested?!??

13. Jedi_Devi

Jedi_Devi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    Who knows if I'll have class then at 11:30am, but if not, I'm sure we'll all go together many, many more times.

Jedi_Devi

14. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I just walked by/through FIDM during my afternoon break, and they have the full sized (I call it 7/8 scale) X-wing that was at Comic-Con, C3, and the George Lucas AFI awards thing, set up in the elevator lobby entrance to the school. The costume exhibit will be in the same location they have the Academy Awards costumes. They are currently building the entrance to the exhibit, it'll look like you're in the Death Star II. I looks really cool! I can't wait for the exhibit to open!

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I just wish we could figure out a way to take pictures.

16. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Photographs WILL be allowed!! But no flashes though, and no tripods. So all your pictures are destined to be all blurry.

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    No Way! That's a first! We are usually never allowed to take pics. I'm going to have to work on my no flash techniques.

18. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    people, when are we going? which day?

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    JR and I are going on the 12th. VK doesn't get back until the end of September so I think we should all go on a weekend in mid October, say the 15th or 16th.

20. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Mid October works for me I think right now.

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I know the weekend before is the desert trip so it should be okay. I'll leave it to the powers that be to organize it.

22. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    October sounds best for me. I can't wait. There was an ad in INSTYLE i think that psyched me up.

23. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    That should work for me.

24. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    If any of you downtown workin' folk want to go on a Friday at lunch, let me know. I don't have class on Fridays...
    Otherwise it's gotta be on the weekend. :)

25. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I don't work on Fridays, so that's always a possibility for me, besides the weekend trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.