main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Dressing A Galaxy - Star Wars Costumes at FIDM-*UPDATED*

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediRacer, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    It was wonderful to see all the familiar faces, and meet some new ones (hi, Pat!)! Afterwards, we all repaired to Lunch at CPK, which was very enjoyable. I had a chance to talk to Mrs. D-B and D-B's delightful parents, and to visit with JediVixen, which is always a pleasure.

The costumes were of course, spectacular. It's also nice to talk about them with people who have seen the movie so we can all discuss "what and where." And we were very lucky to have our picture taken in front of the exhibit's X-Wing, as we were able to go "inside the ropes" and pose right in front of the ship. Again, thanks go to JV for the extra schmoozing of the staff!

Thanks to everyone for a delightful day!

2. Ashley_Secura

Ashley_Secura Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2005
    I had a great time! The museum the lunch everything. I will definetly be going back again a couple of times! Thanks everybody for making the day so fun. See you guys soon! And yes as Helen said..it was nice meeting someone new (Pat)...welcome!

~ash~

3. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Dang you people are fast.

Here is my offical write up.

LAFF in Attendance
    ValedaKor
    Darth-Bubba along with Mrs D-B and parents of D-B
    JediVixen
    JediRacer
    Jundland Jay
    NaboosPrincess with friend
    ElenSara
    Crowbar and mother of Crowbar
    Adrian Skywalker
    Ashley Secura
    new person Pat
    and me Skyryder

We all met up at FIDM at 9:30 around the X-Wing. VK was at the entrance holding the tickets. At about 10 am it was time to go in. The security gave us the list of dos and don'ts as we entered. It really sucks that they have all the lights off and then tell us not to use a flash on our cameras. Thankfully there is Photoshop which will lighten some of the darker shots. We wandered through the exhibit first looking at some costumes of the original trilogy and then moved right on to the Jedi. After Jedi came the Sith and with Darth Vader standing in the darkest part of the room. I'm sure that picture will never be seen. The next room was much lighter. It held many of the extra characters such as Nute, Mas Ameda, and many of the opera goers from ROTS including the costumes worn by George and his children. The next room if I remember correctly held the millitary costumes and it also had the Wookies Chewbacca and Tarfull along with some props like a large tuba. The last large room held all the costumes of Padme and her handmaidens. Seeing all of her costumes together made me think that all Natalie did was change clothes for the movies. I was surprised to see the funeral gown and her laying in the bed of flowers. That was kind of morbid but still very nice to see. The last little area held Jango, Boba, and Zam along with a family of Tuskens.

The final area was the store where I spent way more money than I should have, but after taking those books home and looking through them, I'm so glad that I did because they are just spectacular.

After the exhibit we all went to 7th and Fig for lunch at CPK. We had a good time there chatting discussing the usual stuff.

So that was the way of the Force for Saturday October 15th 2005.

Skyryder

pictures to follow.

4. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Just for the record, I was "Marah's friend." ;) I should probably post here more often. :p

But it was nice meeting you all. The exhibit was wicked cool, and lunch was tasty!

5. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Sorry, I got distracted and didn't find out your screen name (which is usually how I "identify" people the first time LOL). A good time was had by all, definitely!

6. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Great costumes. Thanks to everyone who were nice to mom and dad. I may try to return as well. Hope images do lighten up.

7. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    Our Group Photos

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/marshallnaiman/detail?.dir=b5ba&.dnm=756b.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/marshallnaiman/detail?.dir=b5ba&.dnm=3a1c.jpg&.src=ph

8. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Here are my photos that I took.

FIDM

9. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I wish I could have gone. My back was killing me. :_|

10. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    We missed you, DH!

The pictures turned out great! That group shot definitely needs to be sent to the Insider, don't you think?

11. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Yes, we should submit the second group pic to the Insider.
    I had a great time on Saturday. I've been to that exhibit 4 times now. I still really like it. This time I bought the 365 Days of Creating Star Wars book, which is REALLY AWESOME!! I've spent over 2 hours just browsing through it, and I haven't even reached half way through it yet. The Behind the Scene pics of the Original Trilogy are fascinating.

CPK was fun, although it was hot and the sun was on my face. Afterwards, I dropped off NB and her friend, TM, and then I realized I had a flat tire (sorry for endangering your lives NB!). I went over to Montebello to get the tire fixed, then I went over to Golden Apple for BeSo's thing. I rarely go to trendy places like Melrose, so it was cool to walk around there for a bit and check out all the people there.

12. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Oh no, you had a flat? Those things are a pain in the butt. :( Glad you are safe and got it fixed!

13. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah, I noticed the tire was going down when we got to CPK. I was a little worried about it while driving you guys back, but it wasn't far at all, I went to a nearby gas station after I dropped you two off and put some air in it, then went to the tire shop. I had a big screw stuck in my tire.

My "fancy" car has tire pressure meters that's supposed to tell me when a tire is going down. The light always goes on when I drive freeways on really hot or really cold days and there's nothing wrong with my tires. But this time, when the tire pressure was really down, it didn't go on at all. So.. it really doesn't work.

This is totally off topic. Time to lock this thread.

Thanks Helen for getting tickets for all of us. This past Saturday was a blast.
    AS cracked me up with his Tion Medden impression "thousands of battle droids".

14. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    ok, if you thought I was a snob/ elitist, it will only get worse after this....

There is no reason for any of us educated/ civilized folk to change a tire. Have AAA (Automobile Club) do it. Thats the job... let the goyim handle it.

15. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    I agree, AAA is the greatest thing since sliced bread (it's amazing how many places they offer discounts.. payless shoes *the only place that has shoes in my size... 10% off) Flippen sweet!

After FIDM we went to Santee street in downtown LA, I got a burberry knock off for 20 bucks, and a South Pole hoodie for CBM's baby sister for 20 bucks, then my mom went nuts and bought purses, sunglasses etc etc, then went back again monday, overall fun time!

DB-tell the Mrs. (no not SR the other Mrs.)
    I want to go again, any saturday works for me, or even sunday whatever is most convenient for her.. anyone down for downtown cheap shopping?

16. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Um, YES. :)

17. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Funny story last night about the FIDM outing. Remind me to NEVER EVER touch DB's phone again. [face_sick]

18. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    The Art of Revenge of the Sith is on sale at Borders. Normally $19.95. 30% off.
    (Math majors, means about $13.00) They also have Tommy Land for $15.00 (not related, but Bubba likes Tommy Lee and Motley Crue)

Lastly, if you have a coupon, Luke Skywalker FX Sabers $20.00 off. I will bring mine to bowling. Very cool item. ROTJ Green. Just released.

19. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
  20. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
  21. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Very nice!

22. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    We look good! I don't remember setting up the X-wing display, but it was kind of hot that day...

23. Adrian_Skywalker

Adrian_Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Thats an awesome pic in front of the X-wing, LAFF is in da house!!!![face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.