main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dressing up for EP3

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Xanthe_ShHarr, Mar 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xanthe_ShHarr

Xanthe_ShHarr Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2003
    Is anyone thinking of wearing a costume for when you go to the theater for EP3? I know I am, but I am not sure if I will like the reaction from others at the theater.

2. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    I'm definitely going in my EP3 Anakin costume, you couldn't pay me not to.

If you're worried about others (which you really shouldn't be), get in contact with your local Rebel Legion and 501st chapters. I guarantee there will be groups of costumers attending the premieres worldwide and they'd love to have you come along.

3. EricT

EricT Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2004
    GUARANTEED that 501st Legion and Rebel Legion will be out in force (ba-dum-bump!)for Ep 3. I'll be there in full Vader regalia for the first showing, no question. I did Darth Maul at the Ep 2 premiere, and there were probably half a dozen stormtroopers (most of the Virginia Squad, before our explosive growth into Garrison Tyranus), and a Jedi or two - and then there were probably dozens of people in line wearing costumes, or playing with lightsabers and blaster toys, etc. You will not be the only one in costume by a long shot.

Eric
    SL-7171
    Garrison Tyranus/VA

4. Xanthe_ShHarr

May 29, 2003
    Well I have a person to go with.... I am not afraid of what other people think I meant like the staff at the theaters they dont care what you wear, right??? As long as its not offensive....

5. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I'll probably be either wearing my Vader costume or a Jedi one. Probably the Jedi because it's more comfortable.

6. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    I'm ethier planning on doing RG duty or Emperor duty during the Premiere. I can't wait!

-UD

7. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I will be in costume...

Which one will be determined on whether or not I get my Ep3 Obi-Wan done on time. I know I have over a year but I am really lazy ;)

8. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Well I have a person to go with.... I am not afraid of what other people think I meant like the staff at the theaters they dont care what you wear, right???

oh no, they don't in fact at my cities theatre the people that work there actually dress up themselves, of course their costumes suck usually, but they shouldn't care. I myself would like to, and probably will, I already am planning on waiting in line for at least a day (graduating from highschool is kinda a priority....for my parents :D)

Forcebewitya!

9. katha

katha Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    I actually went to a special midnight showing party for EP2 so most people were dressed up.

But for EP1 it was just my friends and I. We had several movie goers ask if we worked for the theater. I would think that as long as you don't cause a disturbance theater employees won't have a problem. We even had a saber fight going out on the side walk.

I would suggest keeping blasters peacebound (in the holster for those of you that might not know the term) and only remove it for pictures.. even so far as to only do so when requested by a person takeing the photo.

Also, if you're still worried about problems with the management.. go talk to the manager now.. and maybe again shortly (a week or a few days) before the opening. They'll tell you what if anything is not allowed. And by the way the reason I say now and a week or so before is because management of theaters can often change. Unfortunately what's ok with one management might not be with the next.

Hope all that helps.. sorry for any repetitions, and for the long post... I ramble when it's late.

10. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I'll be in either my pilot or Jedi costume.

Jedi would fit the occasion more but we already have a lot of jedi around. I'm the only one in the club with a pilot costume.

11. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    I hadn't thought of this until I stumbled across this thread. Maybe I'll go retro and go as Han Solo, complete with the Correllian bloodstripe pants.......

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I'll probably be right next to VoijaRisa in my Padme picnic.

13. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Definitely go in costume!
    I went as Queen Amidala the first time and Mara Jade the second. :)
    People in general love to see us SW geeks in costume. ;)
    Remember that it's mostly the die hards that go to the midnight showings anyways. ;)

I would definitely get in touch with 501st or Rebel Legion. And don't forget your local FanForce! :D

14. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I'll definately be going as my own Master Dignus persona I hope to use in a fanfilm... I'll try to get a few of my friends to dress up as well. I didn't get tickets to the midnight showings of either previous films because they sold out so d*mn soon. But next year I'll be camping for those tickets! For AOTC I went as TPM OB1 and people didn't make fun, the kids loved it!!! I was actually flattered because I'd put the costume together in a week. I'll have the Ozarks covered... ;)

15. HanJones

Nov 26, 2002
    Maybe I'll really throw people for a loop and go as Indiana Jones to Ep. III. :D

16. Xanthe_ShHarr

May 29, 2003
    Ok I am definately going in my Jedi costume if people will ove seeing me and my friend dressed up, but I need to get a beter belt...... And I know just where to get it.... Parksaber

17. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    i'm a girl but i'd love to go as vader, do voice impressions and then take off the helmet and surprise!

but i'll have to hire a cotume, i could go as leia. i have a white skivy and white skirt and i'll do my hair up and take my lightsaber.

but being vader would be super cool

18. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Maybe I'll really throw people for a loop and go as Indiana Jones to Ep. III

Trust me. That wouldn't trow ANYONE in Minnesota For a loop. :p

19. HanJones

Nov 26, 2002
    So I take it that has been done before? Indiana Joneses showing up at Star Wars showings?

20. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I'm planning on going in costume...right alongside Jade-Walker and the rest of The Jedi Knights of Cleveland

And this time, I won't miss out on the midnight showing...because if the folks will let my sister stay out late for a LOTR marathon/ROTK opening, you can bet we'll be there when the final installment of the SW saga hits theaters!

jedi costume...can't see much in a TIE pilot costume (I'll have both done by Episode III)

21. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    I'll wear my Imperial Officer hat, but that's it.

Now for Celebration III, I'll be decked out everyday!

22. Fox609

Fox609 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 5, 1999
    I would, but I lack the money or time to get my hands on/make a good costume. If I were to, I'd go as Vader.

23. Sci-FiGal

Sci-FiGal Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2004
    I actually go to most movies in costume, hehe. I attended both ep1 and 2 midnight premires in crappy "amidala inspired" costumes that I never even took pictures of, however I've been going to cons in full force the past few years (raised going to cons) and I've got a number of SW costume projects I'm working on that I may wear for Ep3. Still not sure which one though, but if I'm going to C3 also, I guess I'll wear whichever goes over best there. Probably one of my two Amidala gowns: fireside corset gown or the clone wars animated microseries gown.

24. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm either going to go in my Aayla Secura or Torn Battle of Geonosis Padme costume. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.