main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN "Drive-In" Night at the SMT: The "Return of the Jedi" 20th Anniversay Picnic

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Steve/Sherri: If it's warm enough, we'll get out the kiddie pool for the little padawans. :)

2. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    WOOOO HOOOO!!!!! J and I can get our bathing suites ready now!!!! [face_laugh]

3. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    Cool. I'll bring a veggie tray!!! Any veggie requests??

Oh Tim, why did you have to remind me of Teen Witch!!!! What a crappy movie!!! Definatley the flick that ruined Robin Lively's career!!! ARRGGHHH !!! NOOOO!!! Out of my brain evil cheap teen movie!!!:_|

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Why am I cursed with an videographic memory, Chris? I can still see that damned Teen Witch movie!!

A veggie tray would be delightful. I like the old favorites- carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and celery.

Sal: Practice your Jedi Mind Trick so it'll work on my neighbor if she should catch you using her pool! And a hamburger patty covered liberally with peanut butter will take of that golder retriever for a good while.

Don't forget your lawnchairs, everyone!! And your mosquito spray!! (We'll have citronella candles going, but I can't guarantee if they'll work very well!)

5. bigheadwookie

bigheadwookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2003
    I have a 75% chance of being there. Name something i need to bring, and i will. Unless my mother is upset that day, i should be able to make it. though my parents will 100% be there with me.

I love percentages

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Percentages? Let's just hope there's a zero percent chance of rain!!!

BHW: Do all your chores and be really, really good the entire week before. Make sure Dad does the same. That should ensure that mom will be in a good mood.

7. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Yeah!! I've got the 3rd off so I'll be there, with Corellian blood stripes on.

Oh Tim, I've got a cool link for ya'!!!

Cool Movie Site!!!

Enjoy brotha!!! :p

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Oh, that is just so incredibly wrong, Chris!!!

I'll be drinking a cup of ammonia now to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

9. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Just when you thought it was safe to turn HBO back on....

ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    And there's a message board???? WTF is there to talk about? AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!

11. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Man, disturbing isn't it?? Did you post?? :)

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I didn't have the heart to post. Something tells me that it would be cruel to shatter that webmaster's little Teen Witch fantasy world. Even I'm not that mean. Maybe we should get their mailing address and send them a copy of another teenage witch movie.....

.........Carrie!!!!!

13. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Alright my homies, I'm glad to know that we got a place to chill on that very awsome day. I'll be there and bringing my better half. hey, if you guys can handle Flame Swimming trunks...or Daredevil Swiming trunks I'm game to swimming. heh ehhe...Yo yo tim Dawg, long time no talk my, ninja! drizop me a priviate mezessage and give me yo digits so I can moto yo ass dawg!

So I'll make a prophesy from the dawgs to the minime's give me a escalade, two way bling bling, on ebay!

may the Fizorce be wit all my home skillets.

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Did I forget to tell everyone that the second Saturday of every month will be "Talk Like You're A Cast Member of Boyz in the Hood Day"?

Jay: You da man, ne. All dat, the chipz, and da 40 oz, dawg.

We be needin'...er, We need to start working on the food list for the party. Trace and I got the burgers and dawgs covered, as well as the fixins (buns, lettuce, maters, pickles, condiments), so all we need are some sides and such. Sal has already claimed chips, and Lin Workman (the cartoonist from Rock 103, and our only prospect from our involvement at MSC) said he'll bring some drinks and chips, as well.

I invited my neighbors, (the cool ones- all four of them), and I've found a close location where we could set up if the weather is a problem: Aycock Park, the site of the first SMT meeting, has a pavilion that would easily accomodate us. There are no power outlets there, but I've already got that contingency covered thanks to the bazillion useless gadgets that I own. I feel confident that it'll work out pretty well despite the weather.

Anybody got anything they want to do at the party? Games, trivia, act out all of ANH in some grotesque, Rocky Horror Picture Show style? Give me a shout so I can help you set it up. (And I was kidding about the Rocky Horror thing, OK?)

-Tim

15. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    I have a game we can play... Does anyone have an eraseable board so we can play win lose or draw Star Wars style...

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I've never played "Win, Lose, or Draw", but anything SW-style sounds good to me. (Anything Cajun-style sounds good to me, too.) Unfortunately, I don't have a dry-erase board. Is the game anything like "Pictionary"?

17. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Wow. Obi J and the ebonic post!!! Man, now I have to watch Friday again!!! :)

18. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Date: Saturday, May 3rd
    Time: 4 o'clock PM
    Where: Tim and Traci's house [image=http://www.boomspeed.com/pias3/griffcar.gif]

To get in the mood...

[image=http://www.elcoleccionismo.com/images/cineposters/rjusa.JPG]

[image=http://movieweb.com/movie/starwars/rotj1.jpg]

[image=http://www.teletracks.com/images/logos/jedi3.jpg]

[image=http://www.scorerealm.ca/saberbattle.jpg]

[image=http://images.forbes.com/images/2002/05/16/starwars1.jpg]

[image=http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/labrinid/hoff/movies/may97/StarWars3.jpg]

[image=http://epost.prevezanos.com/motive/Kino_Film_No1/Return_Jedi.jpg]

and of course, the Jedi that returns....

[image=http://www.ciudadfutura.com/starwars/Imagenes/im323.jpg]

19. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Those are all fine and dandy, Rhonda...but where's Leia in the "slave-girl" outfit.

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Yeah!!!! We dudes want hardbody Leia. (Anybody remember the movie Hardbodies?)

21. Star_Blazer_M31

Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    Hmm. The 3rd? I'll have to check to make sure that I can come. As of right now, I THINK!! I can. But my church is having a huge religious thing (from like 9am-5pm) on one of those weekends, so I'll have to check and make sure.

-Grace*

22. Star_Blazer_M31

Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    If I do come, I'll more than likely bring my lightsaber so I can randomly bonk people and get dirtly looks as I scamper away cackling.

^_^

(When I say randomly bonk people, I mean Joy. And Jay. And everyone else. BWAHAHAHAHAA!!)

-Darth Grace*
    Resident Sith Lord

23. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    So we're gonna be outside right? Is is ok if I bring a cigar to smoke while watching ROTJ?? :)

24. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Chris: I'll set aside an iron lung, i.e.- The SMT Smoking Section- just for you and your cigar.

Grace: Even if the church thing ends at 5pm, you can still make it to Millington, provided it's a local church.

25. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    It sounds as if y'all are going to have a blast on May 3rd! I wish I could join you guys, but my chapter will be challenging the Macon, GA chapter to laser tag that day.

WooHoo! Simulated violence! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.