main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN "Drive-In" Night at the SMT: The "Return of the Jedi" 20th Anniversay Picnic

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    Iron Lung??? Man, you don't inhale a cigar! Plus, I just smoke about 3 or 4 a year. :)

2. Aravis_Antilles

Aravis_Antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2003
    Mmm...A challenge to Laser Quest... Not a bad idea. {Scratched beard that isn't there...}

As for May 3rd, I NOW HAVE A JOB! {{collective gasp}} So I do not know when I will be off, etcetera, etcetera, etcetara.

Please PRAY I can get off both this coming saturday and May 3rd, or I will have NO LIFE for 2 weeks!!!! HELP!!!!

Joy*

And as for bopping me on the head, evil Sith girl, watch out. I might bring mine. WOOHAAHAHAHAHAHA. {{looks around. Silence.}}Oh Kay. Not funny. Hmmm.

3. Star_Blazer_M31

Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    Hey, Joy, ya know something?

Closer.

No, closer.

*BONK!*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!! *skips off and hides behind Piter*

Piter: O.O DON'T INCLUDE ME IN THIS!!

Anyway, the church is here in Memphis. Provided I can get someone to either give me good directions or someone is willing to meet me somewhere and guide me (like before)...

-Grace*

4. Aravis_Antilles

Feb 20, 2003
    UNIVERSAL BONK

There. I have bonked everyone in memphis. Hey! The force is great, idn't it?

Grace.

Hey, Grace.

Yeah, You.
    C'mere. I got something for ya.

BONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONKBONK!

CYA there, everyone. I figured out that I won't be more than 30 minutes late no matter when they make me work to. They close at 6:30. Hee hee.

5. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    *shakes head and realizes he's glad to be 30*

Okay, Tim, what, if anything, do we need to bring to the big ROTJ Drive-In Night?

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Steve: We need side dishes such as tater salad, coleslaw, baked beans, pasta salad...you know, that sort of thing.

Will someone up Joy's medication? She's talking to herself again....and answering.

Isn't that right?

Yeah! It sure is!

7. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    He he, pasta salad!!! Steve, do you still have any left from the 1st meeting?? That was a huge bowl!!! :)

8. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Yes, Chris...we still have a little left from the first meeting. Maybe enough for, I don't know, 10 or 12 plates. Ya think that's enough?

We're really looking forward to seeing everyone.

9. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Hey, does the projector count as food??? 8-}

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    No, electronic devices do not count as food. If that were the case, then my surround sound system would exempt me from supplying anything! Those are the rules which I just made up.

And I have a flag, too!

11. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    No, electronic devices do not count as food. If that were the case, then my surround sound system would exempt me from supplying anything! Those are the rules which I just made up.

Except on the first Saturday of May. A rule I just made up, just call me Emperor Plantanatine!

[image=http://i.timeinc.net/time/potw/20011102/flag.jpg]

And I have a flag too, and mine's bigger!!!!

Mwuhahahah!!! [face_devil]

Seriously, I won't be there until 6:30 or so, and that's coming in from out of town, so count me out on dinner!

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I feel so...so...small and insignificant now. My flag is only 3' x 5'. I have...

dare I say...

FLAG ENVY!!!

OK, just WTF is everyone?

13. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    i'm here at least sometimes

14. Star_Blazer_M31

Feb 21, 2003
    Okeyday, my church thing is this weekend, so I will definately be late. But I do plan on coming. ^_^ I just need to look up some directions.

-Grace*

15. Aravis_Antilles

Feb 20, 2003
    Me too. Probably going to be working until 6:30, won't be there till 7:00 or a bit later.

Sorry. Save some chips for me, huh, Sal?

Joy

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Our address is on the contact list, but I'll PM it to you anyway, Joy and Grace.

Sorry to hear that the two of you will be late, but at least you won't miss the whole thing.

Oh, and Lin Workman will be bringing a fellow SW fan with him. Ah, how I love recruiters. (I should start some sort of bonus program for recruiters. If I did, I'd already owe Sal something.)

17. Aravis_Antilles

Feb 20, 2003
    Yeah, 'cuz Sal's a great-grandfather. Hee hee.

THE LEGACY CONTINUES

Sal the Great Jedi Master to

Jay the Padawan AKA "hey, it's a lightsaber!" to

Joy the Evil in Training to

Grace the Girl who needs Medication.

What a legacy!

Ow! I feel a fanfilm coming on! (hee hee.)

18. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    My Legacy continues... I will be bringing a new hope with me to the next get together!

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    You da man, Sal!!! Who ya got coming this time?

20. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    I am bringing none other than DBRANIGE!!! Also known as Darin! He has posted here before and now you guys get to meet the man, the myth, the legend!

21. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    43 hours and 48 minutes and counting....

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    8 hours and 35 minutes and counting...

Don't forget your lawnchairs!!

23. Star_Blazer_M31

Feb 21, 2003
    Hey, Joy, guess what?

I'm already on 5 different medications (6 if you include the Excedrine I have to take everyday)!! HAHAHAHAA!

Medication? I don't need no stinkin' medication!!

-Grace*

24. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I want to thank all of you for making this our best event yet. I really had a great time.

We should do this, oh...five more times. I loved "Drive-In" night!! (I'll try to fence-in my yard though, our three unexpected guests took off with a Wal-Mart bag full of canned drinks. I had no idea. Didn't their mommas teach 'em better?)

25. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Hey! It's 1:15am and Sherri and I just got home, but I wanted to get on here and tell everyone that it was awesome seeing you all again. And it was great meeting the "new" members. Especially, the three vagrants who ran off with the Wal-Mart bag full of various sodas and beer.

Traci: Sorry if we got on your nerves tonight. I noticed you didn't hang out with us much. We'll try to control our antics next time.

Sal: I'm gonna be doin' that Chewbacca thing for a while now. Funny stuff, man.

Can't wait to see everyone on the 23rd!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.