"Drive-In Night IV"- May 22, 2004- 6:30PM

Discussion in 'Memphis, TN' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Cool- I'll try and slide by and snag thm tonight or tomorrow, thanks!
  2. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    You know, the new Spider Man book comes out....

3. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    That reminds me- Free Comic Book Day (July 3) is the same weekend as the new Spiderman movie!
  4. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Check it out. Chicago Force is also showing ANH Drive-in style. :cool:

We are re-financing our house and the appraiser was just here. His first question: What is that thing in your back yard? [face_laugh]
  5. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    We'll enjoy A New Hope on an LCD video projector with a screen at least 8 feet across.

Amateurs...

So, does having a 20'+ wide movie screen in your backyard help, hurt, or not affect your houses value..?
  6. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    You took the words out of my mouth, Lin! Where's Sal to do a bit of sarcasm when I need him. Guess I'll have to do it, so here goes:

[baby talk]Aw....Look at the itty-bitty screen. Ain't it soooo cuuuuute! Awwwwwww! I think it just spit up![/baby talk]

Hell, ours was 8' tall in its first incarnation. Aren't y'all thankful you have Clark W. Griswold for your FanForce President?

I think we should just finish the PVC Death Star. Then we could go blow their little screen to smithereens.
  7. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    testosterone, boys....testosterone... [face_whistling]
  8. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    [Tim the Toolman Taylor voice]Argh Argh Argh Argh[/TtTmT voice]
  9. DarthToddy Jedi Master

star 2
    Yes but unlike Clark Griswald...your ideas actually work......you rock Qui 'Clark' Gon Tim!!!!!!!!

John
  10. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Aw... I'm touched, John.

IN THE HEAD!!!!
  11. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    I think we shoould be like the borg and assimilate thier screen- no, wait- that's Star Trek!

Had an idea- (yes, be afraid- be very afraid..!)

I picked up Shrek today and it came with a 3-D dvd as well. I think it's the same thing as the 4-D ride at Universal- if so it's pretty cool, and not very long. If I can get ahold of enough 3-D glasses would you guys like to show it before Galaxy Quest like we did with ANH and Batman:Dead End? Might be something cool for folks with kids to see/do.

BTW- the Shrek 2-pak was only $16.99 at Suncoast in the HR Mall. I've also seen it at Toys-R-Us by the M.O.M. for $19.99.
  12. DarthMule Jedi Master

star 3
    BTW- the Shrek 2-pak was only $16.99 at Suncoast in the HR Mall. I've also seen it at Toys-R-Us by the M.O.M. for $19.99.
    -------------------------------

Or only $11.99 for both if you have a $5.00 Replay Gift Certificate, which I got and plan on usin'.

I'm all for a 3D adventure on Movie Night!! YAY!

"Der poppin' corn goes...3D!!"
    (Muppets Take Manhattan, Chef reference...bork bork bork.)
    OH! The Muppets need to do a take-off of Star Trek with the BORK, instead of Borg. Yeah, that'd be cute.
  13. Smokem_Alien Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sounds cool, I'm game for 3-d.

That's funny about the screen, we should send them a pic of the screen in an email just saying 'Who's your daddy?'

14. TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Hey Chicago I find your lack of screen disturbing!
  15. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Everybody has got to start somewhere!

I'll get with John at 3-D paper Optics and see if I can get ahold of some more glasses. I've got a few at home, and the viedo came with 4. What do you think- 3 dozen or so? That's about what we had this last one. Oh, the 3-D DVD runs 15 minutes and is widescreen.

Oh- saw a Southland Greyhound Park commercial last night after 3rd Rock that had Antone in it! I died laughing. He's holding all this cash as the camera comes towards/past him. Kev and I called him up today and messed with him about it! Kev was like, "Dawg, you shouldn't be flashing all that cash on TV, man!"
  16. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Just heard back about the 3-D glasses- have 50 pairs on the way! I watched the 3-D Shrek this weekend and there are a few Star Wars references in it so it'll fit right in!
  17. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Lin's da man! We should definitely show the 3D thing before the movie....otherwise, I might miss it. I-) [face_blush]
  18. DarthToddy Jedi Master

star 2
    Well Trace if you go a lil easier on the grape juice you'll be able to stay awake for the whole night I'm sure!!!

John
  19. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    **60 emoticons** and not a single one to flip John off. :p ;)
  20. DarthToddy Jedi Master

star 2
    :D :D :D :D :D
    Oh look they have plenty of emoticons for my smart elic laughing smile ;)

John
  21. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    C'mon, John- lots of 'grape juice' is how Tim talked Traci into letting us invade their backyard once a month!
  22. DarthToddy Jedi Master

star 2
    OHHHHH!!!!!!!! Makes sense I suppose, he must have used that tactic before and got it to work, I mean how else did he get permission the build that space station.....I mean movie screen!!! ;)

:) John
  23. DarthMule Jedi Master

star 3
    Lots and lots of begging, I'm sure. I'm tellin' ya, when their kids grow up they'll say, "My daddy and mommy are cooler'n your mommy and daddy! WE have a movie screen; you only have a big tv." There may be fights, but Tim and Traci's kids will always win: THEY have the bigger screens!!

*Now understands why his mom and dad weren't so cool, and why he got beat up in school...no movie screen!*

Would we get arrested for showing dirty movies on there?

I have this documentary on pig farms and they get in mud and stuff...why? what'd you think I meant?
  24. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    And no MTV Furries video!!!

That still gives me the creeps...
  25. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Great. Remind me of Furries... before bedtime.... and when I'm lit. I'm gonna have nightmares now.

Kev: I wanted to show Caligula, but Traci said no.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.