main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Drive-In Night: "The Incredibles"- CANCELLED DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Tim, what is your zip code so I can Weather.com the hourly forecast?

Just checked 38018 and it was scattered thunderstorms with a 30 percent chance of precipitation until nine, but it said mostly clear after nine. :?

So, the ground could be very wet, but technically that means we wouldn't actually be getting rained on...

2. Valeska

Valeska Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    It was a storm and a half up here last night. But the power only blinked off. Can someone explain that to me? The power just blinks off and back on during a horrendous storm with lightning, thunder, and wind but if the area is just getting the clouds and only a drop or two of rain, our power goes out for at least an hour?

3. Echo7Solo

Echo7Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 10, 2005
    I don't think the question is will it be raining when it is time to start the movie, the true question is will it be dry enough to set up the sound and the projector?

4. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    It is sunny and dry here now. How is it there?

The answer to the power question is that there are back-up systems, so brown-outs and short black outs are due to switching systems when the one you are connected to goes out. I think a longer black out is usually caused by the system that feeds your main system and your back-up system going out, or in other cases, the main system and the back-up systems being interrupted.

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Well, I hate to do this, but after looking at the radar, seeing what a soggy mess my backyard is, and after watching a wind gust carry the canopy over my patio to the other side of the yard, I'm going to have to cancel tonight's scheduled drive-in night.

I got hopeful there for a few moments when the sun came out for a second, but then it clouded up again. And more crap is on the way. I'm afraid that even if it did stop raining, it would be too soggy to set up the sound system, and too blasted windy to safely hoist the screen. But, apparently we're going to get more of this crap all day and night, and I'd hate for us to set it all up and then have it rain on us. (Then it'd be a real mess!)

Of course all of this happens when it's only 82 degrees outside instead of 100!

We should talk about rescheduling, I guess. I don't know about next weekend since it's Labor Day weekend, so I don't know how many folks already have plans.

Feedback and comments, anyone?

6. Schmootika

Schmootika Jedi Master star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    I'm taking Wiggle to Podunk next weekend to see the grandparents and watch a NASCAR road rally. The 10th I've got a Halloween meeting, so you can count me out for at least two weeks.

7. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I already told Tim that my opinion on the matter doesn't really count since I don't have any idea if I can make it. I have to save up Karma to be able to come for TC2 and the Masque...
    But, just for the record, I would definitely have to miss it if it were Labor Day weekend. If I leave town that day it will be to go to Atlanta and that isn't looking too likely. :(

Also, for the record, I am hoping to do an AGR movie night on OCT. 1.

8. StarBlazerM31

StarBlazerM31 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    Well, I'd like to set some weekend aside to spend time with my mom. I think she works next weekend....
    Oh well. Just let me know what everyone else says.

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

9. Valeska

Oct 30, 2004
    Since its getting darker earlier, would the possibility of a double feature be too much for next Drive-In night? [face_thinking]

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Well, we usually do have a double feature... ;)

I take it you mean showing another movie aside from our usual second-film fare?

I'm considering next Saturday (September 10th) as the rain date for our cancelled Drive-In Night. Any input or suggestions?

11. Echo7Solo

Echo7Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 10, 2005
    I hope I'm still getting married on the 10th.

12. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    I think she meant showing The Incredibles before Raiders on the next scheduled Drive-In night. And maybe not showing the other movie....
    Anyway, that would negate having to schedule another night.

-Joe

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    You know what... I think that would work even better. It'll be getting dark around 7:00 pm or earlier by then, so it wouldn't be so bad. Thanks, Joe and Gina!

Change of plan, folks... Double feature on September 24th. We'll show The Incredibles and Raiders of the Lost Ark then.

14. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Cool! Domino masks and fedoras!

-Joe

15. Valeska

Oct 30, 2004
    At the same time!

No, wait . . . 8-}

16. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    The Incredibles AND Indiana Jones? I'm so there. :)

17. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    doesn't that make it zorro? ;)

18. StarBlazerM31

StarBlazerM31 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    Zorro...jes! :D

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

19. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    No- too sexy, too sexy!

Kev will be out of town for the Muppet auditions, so we'll have to do a toast in Muppett voices to wish him good luck!

Lin

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Actually, he probably won't be out of town...

I'm going to move movie night up a week to the 17th due to some personal scheduling conflicts. Hope this is cool for everyone.

21. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    Hey, works for me! Then I can visit one last time before I go to HOLLYWOOD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.