main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Drive-In Night X: Saturday, October 9th, 4:00 pm- RESCHEDULED TO OCT 16th

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Oct 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    DUE TO RAIN, THIS EVENT HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY, OCTOBER 16th.

The SMT Summer Film Festival draws to a close this Saturday with our Double Feature presentation of Ghostbusters and Sleepy Hollow on the TIMAX screen.

The movies will start at around 6:45 pm, but the fun begins at 4:00 pm with a cookout to celebrate the close of a successful season. If you are going to participate, please select a line item from the list below and post that you'll be bringing that item. (I'm anticipating around 20-25 people for the cookout, so the list below is made accordingly for that number of people.) I've done my best to keep the price per participant around the $10-$12 mark.

Traci, Rhonda, and I will be supplying the hamburger patties and hot dogs, as well as the charcoal necessary to cook them. We will also provide paper plates, cutlery, and napkins. Please choose one of the following line items to bring:

(Highlighted items have already been chosen.)

1) Hamburger and hot dog buns. (4 packs of each)

2) Potato Salad and Cole Slaw (Large tub of each, each with enough to feed 20 people)

3) 2 cases Coca-Cola, 1 case Pepsi

4) 2 cases Diet-Coke, 1 case of Sprite

5) 10 bags of ice

6) DELETED FROM LIST

7) DELETED FROM LIST

8) Condiments for burgers and Hot Dogs: (Squeeze bottles, please): Mayo, mustard, ketchup, relish.

9) 2 Heads lettuce, six tomatos, 2 onions

10) 2 large bags tortilla chips, 2 large containers Pancho's Cheese Dip.

11) 2 large bags Ruffles (or ruffled-style) potato chips, 2 large containers French Onion Dip

12) Three boxes of microwave buttered popcorn.

As always, alcoholic beverages, including beer and whatever else, is entirely up to each of you. We should have enough cooler space to chill whatever you decide to bring.

Unfortunately, our reserve of canned drinks has nearly gone dry, which is why there are drinks on the list above.

Please list the line item you intend to bring ASAP.

Thanks.

-Tim

2. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    Robert and I will bring line #8-condiments.
    Does anyone besides me like the new Pitch Black Mountain Dew? If so, I will bring a case of that also.

3. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Grace and I will bring Potato salad and coleslaw...

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks, y'all!

5. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I've got a volunteer orientation meeting at the haunt early Saturday, so I'll be leaving straight from the haunt to the movie. I'll check back later in the week to see what hasn't been called yet and bring that.

6. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I'll take "Picnic food items" for 400.

What are Diet Coke, Diet Cherry Coke and Diet Sprite.

(are those subversions of the options, okay?)

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I take it you're going for #4, Jacob? Thanks, and the subversions are fine.

8. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Arkansas crew is #1!!
    So we'll take buns for a thousand...
    *ding, ding, ding*
    Hey look it's a daily double.
    See you Sat. about 4pm

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Did you phrase that in the form of a question, Henry?

Thanks!

Now all that leaves to compliment the main dish is the lettuce, tomatos, and onions.

The fries, chips, and popcorn are less important, but if someone will volunteer to bring them, I think it would be good.

Ice is always needed.

The forecast is looking great, everyone. High of 79, low of 57. Bring your blankets, just in case!

10. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Joe: What is thy bidding, my Master?

Tim: Can you bring some ice, dude?

Joe: Sure thing! #5 it is!

-Joe

11. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    <<fries, chips, and popcorn are less important>>

What???!!!! You're talking about my staple diet!!

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I know, JD.... Whatsa meesa sayin?

Joe: Thanks! When you get over here we'll sing "He's Mr. Freezemeister, he's Mr. Snow...."

13. Timewalker

Aug 27, 2004
    Tim, does the convenience store on your corner have an ice machine? If so, do you know how much they charge?
    I'd rather buy as close to your place as possible, to avoid meltage.

Are you going to need anyone to show up early and help set up this time?

-Joe

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Joe: I want to say that the corner store sells ice for $1.09 or $1.19 a bag, which is only about 10-20 cents a bag higher than Wallyworld.

I'll set up the sound that afternoon around 2:30, which is a one-man job, but we'll wait for everyone to get there to do the screen. Hopefully I'll have time to assemble the frame before everyone gets there.

15. Timewalker

Aug 27, 2004
    We'll probably pay the extra and buy it there then, for convenience sake.
    Well, I know Lin is going to be busy at Nightmarez, so if you need anything, let me know.

-Joe

16. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
  17. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Did someone say my name..?

Whooops- gotta run, haunting to do!

18. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    I will keep an eye on the board and if no one signs up to bring chips, tortilla chips and Pancho's dip, Robert and I will bring that 2. I may have to bring 3 containers of dip; Robert loves that stuff and I want there to be enough for everyone else! (Just kidding hon)
    I definintly need tomato for my burgers. I will be watching this thread for more activity.

THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT PARTY!!!!!!!!!

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks, Kelly.

Folks, the weather is turning into a beatch, and the forecast isn't looking so good for tomorrow. I'm hopeful, as always, that it'll blow over or that the weather forecasters will be wrong, but if does rain, and we do have to reschedule, I'll make the announcement at 2 pm here on the boards and on the website.

Doesn't Mother Nature know we have a Drive-In Night and Cookout tomorrow? Didn't she get our memo? Maybe we should changer her name to Mother Something-Else.

20. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I snagged a couple of bags of candy- can't have a Halloween party without candy!

21. Timewalker

Aug 27, 2004
    rassum frassum stupid weather

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm in denial about rain until the last possible moment.

I picked up the lettuce and tomatoes at Sam's today, so we can scratch that off the list.

Sal is bringing the Ruffles and dip.

I'm chanting...

Norainnorainnorainnorainnorainnorainnorainnorain.....

23. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Is it raining now? When I drove out of Memphis it was just starting on the other side of the River--it was pretty wet--all the way to LR, but it is mostly dry here now. Maybe most of it will blow through by tomorrow afternoon--unfortunately the weather channel posted 80% for tomorrow and tomorrow night. :?

24. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Well, so far, it isn't looking so good for tonight. It's been lightly drizzling rain all morning. The temperature isn't going up enough to make me think that this will go away, and the wind is too calm to blow this thing outta here. The only encouraging sign I see is that most of this is to the south of us, and we're just getting the tendrils of rain from that system. I will still wait until 2 pm to make an official announcement. (And if I am not around to call it, I'll have either Traci or Rhonda make the announcement for me.)

The boards have been down on and off all morning, too, which isn't helpful. If for some reason you can't get your info here, the check out the SMT site at www.suspiciousmindtrick.net.

25. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    TONIGHT's DRIVE-IN NIGHT HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO RAIN.

We will try again next Saturday, October 16th for both the cookout and the movies. Unfortunately, after looking at local radar, I don't think we're going to get a break from this rain. Considering what's involved in presenting a Drive-In Night, I don't want to take any unnecessary risks with our equipment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.