main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Drive-In Night X: Saturday, October 9th, 4:00 pm- RESCHEDULED TO OCT 16th

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Oct 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Unfortunately I will not be able to make it that night. Moonpie and and the kids and I are going to Houston to visit friends.

You will have to un-highlight number 4.

:(

2. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    crap.
    Oh well, I don't think we have anything planned for next Saturday, so hopefully we'll be there.

Joe

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    It's OK, Jacob. I was starting to wonder if I made the right decision while in Bartlett (where it wasn't raining) yesterday afternoon, but I got back to Millington to discover it was raining even harder than it had been. This is only the second time we've been rained out, but I guess I should feel lucky that, out of 10 Drive-In Nights in two years, we've only been rained-out twice.

Sorry to anyone who can't make it next weekend. Unfortunately, we're at the mercy of Mother Nature.

4. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    We are still planning on being there Tim even though I am having surgary Thursday morning. They have to remove somthing from my sinus and they are breaking my nose also to fix it but I really want to be there so for know we are fully planning on being there.

5. BlueLoriSaber

BlueLoriSaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    As much as I would love to be there, I've already told Lin and the rest of the guys from the haunt that I was gonna be there every night.
    But I do hope you don't get rained out again and that you have a good time. Hopefully, I'll see some of you at the haunt.

6. Star_Blazer_M31

Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    I'm going to have to make absolutely friggin' sure (I hope I'm wrong) but I think I have to run a show that day. *please no please no please no...*

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Rain sucks. I know we needed it, but it really completely screwed the schedule. Halloween is almost as difficult as Christmas to schedule something around.

Henry: You sure you're going to be up for this? I would hate for you to drive all the way in from Little Rock if you're in pain and miserable.

And there's rain in the forecast for Saturday. If we have to cancel it this time, then it won't be rescheduled. No one's in the Halloween mood in November!

Lori: Don't worry about it. I know the haunt needs you. (I'm hoping to be there a few nights myself.)

8. Timewalker

Aug 27, 2004
    Henry - that sound slike the surgery my friend had a few months ago. If it is, then you will NOT feel like traveling for a while.

If you want to know what he went through, read this http://www.comicscommunity.com/boards/tony/?read=99809

Ugh... Hopefully, yours will be simpler.

-Joe

9. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    thankfully, my surgury is the tuesday after the drivein night....total reconstruction of my ACL..then encased in Carbonite..and...well you know the rest..*looks to tim then points to Grace*...."The Sith Chick....you have to take care of her..you here me?"

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Two more days, Y'all!

Bring blankets.... It's gonna get chilly! Looks like the low will be down in the upper 40's. The best news so far is that it's supposed to be clear and rain-free. (Of course, the effers at The Weather Channel.com said that about last weekend, too.)

11. Star_Blazer_M31

Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    This Sith needs NO ONE!!! ...erm...well...*sniffles* I need my Obi-J!!!!! *cries*

Yeah, someone needs to take care of me. Without J, I'll be in my apartment, banging my head against the refridgerator out of boredom.

Anyway, I don't have to run that show Saturday. Whoohoo!!

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

12. Kopryn

Kopryn Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2004
    Assuming no rain, I'll be there, might be a little late. I don't get off work until 6, but one of my coworkers owes me and I might be able to get her to come in a couple hours early so I can leave. Hopefully.

But, uh, I was wondering if somebody could email me directions or something. The last few times I used Mapquest I got hopelessly lost.

-Beth

13. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Mapquest gave me *horrible* directions last time. Blegh.

I'm hoping to come this time! I still have to wait and see what saturday day ends up looking like though.

14. Timewalker

Aug 27, 2004
    BTW Tim - we're still down for the ice!

As for directions, it's really pretty easy to find.
    First - find Raleigh-Millington Road in Memphis.
    Then, head North (toward Millington).
    Drive toward Millington until you get to Waverly Farms road. Turn Right. (You can't turn left). There is a gas station on the corner. (If you get to the 385 overpass, you have driven to far North. Turn around and try to find Waverly Farms Road.)
    Then turn Right on Port Harbor Road.
    Left on Annie Mae Drive.
    4455 Annie Mae Drive house is on the right. Buncha geeks hanging out!

-Joe

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Beth: Hope you can make it! Looking forward to meeting you. Joe's directions are good. Also, there are directions, maps, and contact info on our website (in the Drive-in Night section.)

Looking forward to this weekend, y'all!

16. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    Robert and I are planning on being there. I think we will be babysitting our friends 3 or 4 children.(ages 4-9) We can stay for Ghostbusters, but we'll have to see about Sleepy Hollow. Since not everyone who signed up previously is coming, can we get an updated food list? If I need to bring anything other than condiments and tortilla chips and dip, let me know. I also have candy I can bring. Didn't someone say they had a portable fire pit or something. That might be nice. I'm thinking SMORES!!! Keep us informed!

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    So far, the only person on the list who can't make it is Jacob, and I've already removed his item from the list. Lin had already dropped his off, but unfortunately he'll be out of town at a hauntcon. I'll probably swing by Sam's and pick up the Diet Cokes and Sprites.

Other than that, I'm assuming that everyone who originally listed something is coming.

No fire pit, unfortunately. We'll probably be wishing we had one at about 10 pm, though.

18. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Thats right Tim Arkansas will be there. Still bringing the buns and we always bring diet cokes and sprites with us so you dont have to go get any. Well see Saturday around 4:00 right.
    Henry

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    4:00 pm it is, Henry. Glad to see that you're still able to make it. How did the surgery go?

BTW, y'all. Because we got rained out last week, tomorrow's cookout is sort of doubling as a birthday party for Traci and my brother-in-law, so my family will be there as well.

20. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    It went ok thanks for asking. Still not eating much though, but told Julia I was saving my appatite for the cookout. Cant miss the last Drive-in.

21. Timewalker

Aug 27, 2004
    Glad you're doin' OK Henry!

Tim, does the family know what they are getting themselves into?

-Joe

22. Kopryn

Kopryn Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2004
    Well, my car crapped out on me, so now that i'll be doing some begging just to get a ride to work I likely won't be able to make it tomorrow. And I was really looking forward to meeting all of ya'll...

Sorry, I'll still try to make it if I can.

Beth

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Joe: The family has met most of the group, so they know how we are.

Beth: Sorry to hear about your car. Is is so bad that you need a mechanic or a faith healer?

24. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Well, I am out of town, so I can't offer, but isn't there someone who is going late who could hook Beth up?

25. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    I can help, if needed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.