main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Drive-In Night X: Saturday, October 9th, 4:00 pm- RESCHEDULED TO OCT 16th

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Oct 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    As always thanks again to Tim and Traci for puting up with all of us. Great to see everyone again and to meet some new faces shame its the last drive in but we can all keep in touch here and maybe get together every so often. As for Chuck & Trish, Jay & Grace, Jacob , Lynn and I'm sure I'm missing a few sorry you couldnt make it, it just wasnt the same.

2. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Hey--I was thinking about y'all last night. Hope everone had fun! Hope I will see you all at TimmyCon!

Anything especially exciting happen?

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Despite the cold, I'm very happy with the way last night turned out. Very glad to see everyone who made it out. Thanks to all for contributing to the cookout, and for making this summer's film festival successful and fun.

4. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    THREE cheers for TIM and TRACI for letting us crash their house a few times this summer :D

Hip hip hooray....hip hip hooray....hip hip hooray.....and a big YUB YUB....for making it possible...alll haillll palpaTIM and lord TRACI Jade!!

:D

Can't wait 'til Saturday

John T.

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks, John. Glad you enjoyed it.

Well, I tipped the screen frame over last night. It crashed to the ground with only minimal damage. But, like the Falcon it can be fixed, (and its computer speaks with the most peculiar dialect).

It was kinda sad, but I think I heard a collective sigh of relief come from the surrounding houses.

If all goes well, we'll be doing the five films of the Saga in the weeks before ROTS opens in May of next year. (Pray for good weather in May, Y'all!) With CIII, the five SW films Drive-In-style, and the anticipation of Ep III opening on May 19th, we should be on one hell of a Star Wars high next spring.

Oh, and a big thanks to Joe for bringing ice, even though he couldn't stay for the movie or cookout. (Hope Gina is feeling better, BTW!)

6. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Hate I missed the last one. The weather in Ohio was kinda nasty all weekend, so you guys (and gals) were on my mind Saturday. Until I got back to the hotel bar and got to watch the Yankees game!

Glad to hear it all went well.

7. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Oh, and a big thanks to Joe for bringing ice, even though he couldn't stay for the movie or cookout. (Hope Gina is feeling better, BTW!)

No problem. She's feeling much better thanks. Sorry we missed it. Apparently it was just allergies, but she didn't want to take the chance of infecting any kids if it was a virus.

Speaking of Gina - hey Lin, I mentioned this to Tim in the five minutes I saw him Saturday, but thought I'd talk it over with you too.

(As some of you already know,) our wedding anniversary is Halloween. Since we had planned on coming to Kidz Day at the haunt the day before, Gina thought it might be nice to bring along a cake for our anniversary, to share with the kidz and the volunteers. It would probably have a tombstone feel or something similar. Would that be OK with you guys? (And if so, what size crowd would we be feeding?)

Thanks,
    -Joe

8. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I've got no problem with it- happy anniversary, or should I say "Beast Wishes"?

There will be A LOT of kids- we're expecting about 200-300 throughout the day, but there's usually no more than a dozen to 3 dozen kids in the haunt at any one time.

Not sure what the health regulations are on something like that. Candy is pre-packaged, not sure how cake would work. I can find out tonight. I know the volunteers would love it for after the event, and there's no regs there!

9. Timewalker

Aug 27, 2004
    Well, let us know either way. After the kids are gone is fine - the volunteers deserve all the encouragement they can get, I'm sure!

-Joe

10. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    lord TRACI Jade

[face_laugh] I like that!!

And you're welcome. :D

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Don't inflate her ego that way, John!

12. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Im sure John ment nothing harmfull by it. Our great, wise and all powerfull GRAND MASTER TIM keeper of the keys to TIMMYCON . =D=

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Sucking up will get you everywhere...

Actually, Lin has the keys to TimmyCon!

14. Timewalker

Aug 27, 2004
    wise and all powerfull GRAND MASTER TIM

I'm having Old School Rap flashbacks now....
    Where's MC WorkMan?
    :cool:
    [face_dancing]
    -Joe (word!)

15. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Don't inflate her ego that way, John!

QGT: That's Lady Traci Jade, to you. :p ;)

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Great. See what y'all have done?

Now excuse me while I fix her ladyship something for dinner.

17. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    I was going to call, then I realised it'd been put off a week.

I was then all teed up to ring around 10am Sunday (which I think would've been 7pm Sat for you guys) to wish you a good night but then.............I forgot.

I remembered at what would've been around 3am in Memphis (which I didn't think would be popular)

Glad it went well, congrats to Tim and LTJ ;)

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Well, considering that I somehow was wide awake at about that time, I probably wouldn't have minded having someone to chat with, JD. Don't you just hate it when you wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep, despite the fact that you're exhausted?

19. Lady_Traci_Jade

Lady_Traci_Jade Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2004
    <------ It's John's fault. [face_mischief] [face_laugh]

Don't you just hate it when you wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep, despite the fact that you're exhausted?

Yeah, like at 3am this morning when our house was about to blow away with a thunderstorm and Emma was scampering back and forth between my bedroom and hers like a psychotic field mouse. [face_tired] She's afraid of storms. *yawn*

20. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Tim--At least it looks like your wife understands. Mine gets mad at me if I am up in the middle of the night.

21. Kopryn

Kopryn Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2004
    "Stress is when you wake up screaming in the middle of the night and realize you haven't fallen asleep yet"

Just popped over to say "hi", I had a good time Saturday (yes, I probably shoulda' said something before Tuesday, or is it Wednesday already?). I got home safe and sound, car's still a little off, but improving.

And no TimmyCon for me. Working dayshift and can't get out of it.

Have fun,
    Beth

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Jacob: Understands? Hell- She's asleep!

Beth: Glad you enjoyed it! (And even more glad that you made it home OK.)

23. Star_Blazer_M31

Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    Bet it was a blast! Sorry I missed it, guys. :(

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.