main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN drive in night

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Niat-Nuom_Med, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Yep, RhoMAX works pretty well! Very good picture- can't wait to see how the new DVD's look on it!

Joey, each time Tim puts on one of these things the screen gets bigger or he adds more speakers! The opening shot of AOTC with the queen's ship flying over and then exploding sounds FANTASTIC! We even got to watch 'Batman:Dead End' and 'Shrek 3-D'.

2. Bama_Trooper

Bama_Trooper Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    yeah i've been impressed from the pics you guys have posted before...
    Nah i got the joke names for timHX etc.. lol funny stuff.

What do you use for a screen? is that real screen material or something you made?!?!?!

-Joey

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Joey: What I used was room-darkening drapery lining. It's white on one side, cream-colored on the other side, and it has a black center layer that blocks light from seeping through. It's very durable, and because of its intended purpose, reflects light because of not only the white surface, but the opaque layer within. If I had used just a regular white fabric, I doubt the picture would look even close to as good. Of course, Rhonda's projector is also kick-@$$! We really could have upped the screen size another four feet in width and two feet in height if we had wanted, but I limited myself to what we have now. (Of course, the frame would've taken up even more room, and I think the neighbors would have complained when I asked for easement.)

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions about dinner Saturday night?

4. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I say we just cook out. I'll bring some brats and burgers. I've got one package of each. Nothing that has to be stored inside though, so we don't mess up your kitchen. Have coolers.

We need someone to bring buns, sodas, paper plates, napkins, utensils and chips.

Start the list below!! [face_peace]

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    We already have drinks, so I'll grab the ice, and up the ante with two more packs of Brats.

And as always, it's BYOB.

6. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    You're gonna grill BRATS?? I mean, I know they can be irritating, and I'm not one who absolutely loves 'em, but c'mon--don't cook our children!!

;)

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm going to do some burgers as well.

Sal said he'll get the buns for the burgers and Brats (Bratwurst, for clarification for Kevin).

C'mon, Kev. I was battered when I was a kid.

And deep-fried!

8. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    Wasn't there a Drive-in on Sept 18th, or am I imagining things? :confused:

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Ben: The schedule was originally set with Ghostbusters on Sept. 11th, and then Sleepy Hollow on Oct. 9th. I just added the 24th and 25th dates and re-arranged the screening order a bit to accommodate showing all of the SW films.

10. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    C'mon, Kev. I was battered when I was a kid. And deep-fried!
    =======================
    You win, you definitely had it worse than me. At least for me, flying down the hallway after being thrown was fun--the landing part sucked. But, I was never deep-fried.

Usually, my first step-dad stayed fried, though.

Get it?

11. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Am I the only one who had a normal childhood? My parents just had a nasty divorce and then my dad split for a few years!

12. Star_Blazer_M31

Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    No, I had one too. Divorced parents before I was born, and an older brother who had a morbid delight in throwing rubber spiders on me. Not to mention lightsaber fights with wooden yardsticks that were usually used for disciplinary means. And we won't discuss the chickens in the living room. [face_chicken]

Ahh, those were the days.

-Darth Grace* [face_skull]

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    OK, you gonna have to 'splain that one, Gracie.

Back to the food list:

Well, if we even get to cook out, that is. The forecast isn't looking too good for Saturday. As ever, I'm hopeful, but my luck may have finally ran out when it comes to good weather for Drive-In Nights.

But, anyway...

We still need condiments for burgers and Brats, as well as any side dishes.

14. Star_Blazer_M31

Feb 21, 2003
    *LOL*

I DEFINATELY have ketchup covered.

15. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    And apparently chicken, too!

No wooden sticks for 'whoopins', usually orange Hot Wheels tracks or weeping willow switches...

16. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    I may not be able to make it after all. If I do, you know there'll be cake. I may need to make more than one this time, though. That last 'un got gone quick.

17. Star_Blazer_M31

Feb 21, 2003
    Whoa...we had CAKE last time?! MAN! If I didn't know about it, then it definately went quick!

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Well, the weather could be iffy, folks. It's muggy as hell right now, and the radar is showing a pretty good system of rain coming in from eastern Arkansas that will probably hit us this afternoon. If we have to cancel the Drive-In night festivities, then I'll post a cancellation notice between 3:30 and 4 pm.

Even if the movie gets rained out, we could still all get together and have a good time.

19. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    yeah yeah, I'm up for a good time...hee heee *smacks himself*......sorry

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    The first storm moved through about an hour ago, and it looks like another is on its way. I'll be making a decision about whether or not tonight's movie is cancelled at 4 pm.

If we do cancel, then the Drive-In Night for Saturday, September 11th will be a Double Feature with Episodes I & II.

21. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    After gluing myself to The Weather Channel.com for the past hour, I came to a decision a bit early:

Tonight's scheduled Drive-In Night has been cancelled due to inclement weather. We will reschedule tonight's film, The Phantom Menace, for Saturday, September 11th, and will be shown as a double feature along with Attack of the Clones.

22. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Sorry to here that it has been cancelled but at the same time glad because we where getting leary of comming over there on the chance. And thanks Tim for your help found the Arkansas board and today they offically opened and Arkansas Fan Force board.

23. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    That's cool about the new board! wait, do people in Arkansas have computers...?! (Just kidding, no need to get up...no-BLAM! -parts scatter across the room as the door closes...)

Man, was that lightning something or what?! We watched it from the haunt strike all over Barltett. You could hear the rain punding on the roof of the shopping center, too. Was good to be able to work indoors!

Hate the drive-in got cancelled, but looking forward to the dbl features!

24. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    We were on remote in Covington Saturday and I was in the mobile unit just hoping the wind wasn't gonna blow it over into oncoming traffic. I was wondering then, if that TIMax screen was still intact or somewhere over Fayette County.

25. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Luckily, the extra supports that I temporarily attach to the screen frame for movie nights are still attached (and span into the back yard of the vacant house next door). They really help the frame during bad winds. (I hope no one buys that house. I like not having neighbors, and I like being able to keep the supports attached!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.