main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drive In Tailgate Party

Discussion in 'Archive: Killeen, TX' started by Slave_princessJedi, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slave_princessJedi

Slave_princessJedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2005
    HI everyone! I spoke with the owner of the drive in here in Gatesville and he got the OK from Lucas Films to show Episode III in the Drive In the week around June 10. Apparently his sound system is not up to Mr. Lucas's standards and he had to get permission...Anyway, we had mentioned doing a tail gate party and watching the film there as a group function. The drive in is full of people bar b queing, coolers and it's just a great time all around. I think it would be great for us to do an apperance there before the film started. Come out light sabers glowing, and do a walk through before the film starts. Mr. Guthry asked if we could have a trooper stand there to wave cars in as they take the money and maybe vader for photos inside. Jedis and everyone else would be free to walk around and as Mr. Guthry stated " Ya' know, Harass a few folks!" He will put it in the paper as soon as I have an idea of who wants to come. This is an activity that we CAN hand out fliers at unless we want to stck with the Photo idea.Please let me know. Id like to have this set so there will be no last minute rush and we can all look forward to it. Especially since he wants to take an add out in the paper.We can decide who's bringng what once we know who's coming!
    Let me know!!

Thanks,

Sunshine

2. britt1

britt1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    Sounds like a cool idea Sunshine!

3. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    Count me in as well.

I wonder how the theater in Cove is showing the film if the sound system has to be just so... Oh well... they are showing it, that's all that matters. *S*

4. Calest_DaSule

Calest_DaSule Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2003
    Count me in too. Well, I guess I have to come since your planning it. I'll be a Jedi with my Anikan lightsaber. I got my boots yesterday. Whoo Hoo! Watch out Gatesville here comes Star Wars.

5. JosephEck

JosephEck Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    Oh yeah ! Barbeque and Star Wars movies... life is good :) I'll do it !!

6. Tandeer

Apr 7, 2001
    Sunshine, will they still be showing the movie by the middle of June? I just found out today that they are also having a midnight showing tonight and the regular runs starts tomorrow.
    I don't know the schedule for how long movies stay at the Drive-in, so I thought I'd just ask.

Did ya'll know that the drive-in in Gatesville is 1 of only 3 drive-ins left in Texas?!! I've heard they are building one in Killeen, but unless they have awesome security there, it's quickly going to become gang, drinking and drug heaven and NOT a place you'd want to take your family to.

I'd LOVE to have a place like the Alamo Drafthouse around here!

7. britt1

Dec 10, 2001
    Maybe it is playing at the walk-in theatre first then the drive-in. They are at the same place.

8. Darth_Fairacon

Darth_Fairacon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2004
    Count me in! I am there as Vader or a trooper!

But I don't wanna get dirty... <hands on hips>

I had to pay $40 for dry cleaning from the WalMart parking lot thingy... OUCH!

LOL

Todd
    DF

9. Jedisabre

Jedisabre Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2002
    Sunshine, Count me in also. It should be alot of fun.

Woody

10. pattwa_fett

pattwa_fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2004
    i want to go. and also, to tim's place in gatesville..my wife saw it on the news. Try and set it up yo.

:D

11. Calest_DaSule

Calest_DaSule Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2003
    I think we need to start planning this one out now. Times to be there and all. The movie normally starts about 8:30 PM. If we are going to Bar-B-Q and dress up we need to be there way early. People normally arrive to the theatre hours before the movie starts and has a nice cook out so they can eat while the movie is playing. Sunshine can give details; I just wanted to place the bug in the ear. (Now lets see if it buzzes) {laughing sinisterly in the background}

Paul

12. pattwa_fett

Oct 20, 2004
    if I am off I will be there

13. Tandeer

Apr 7, 2001
    The blurb on our website, that I have asked to have posted on TFN, says we will be there on the 11th. I thought it was the 10th?

I have plans that I already recheduled from the 4th to the 10th so that I could be at the meeting. I thought we were going to be there the 10th, so I backed my plans up until the 11th, but I can't back it up any more. If we are truly doing this on the 11th, then I'm afraid I won't be there.

Someone bought me a very expensive spa weekend at a very exclusive resort for my birthday and they are booked the rest of the summer. I was lucky to be able to reschudle at all.

14. JosephEck

Feb 21, 2003
    Well, seeing as the 10th is a Friday, by the time we all get there and get set up, there's not going to be much time for a tailgate party AND doing the costume thing... :)

15. Slave_princessJedi

Feb 25, 2005
    I spoke with Mr. Palmer today and He assured me that he still wants us to do an appearance on Saturday,June 11. BUT he has not gotten the go ahead from Lucas Films. While he was given permission to play it in his drive in he explained that Lucas films is pretty fickle and he wont know untill monday if he can actually do it.So we can go ahead and plan for it and at least be prepared when he gets the OK.

I want to get some ideas on how to do this. Everyone can either bring something or everyone can pitch in 20 dollars to get what we need. We'll still need to get a bar b que pit. We have a small one but I dont think that it could do the job. Any ideas? Let me know!

Thanks,

Sunshine

16. JosephEck

Feb 21, 2003
    I think the "pitch-in" option is best... easier to coordinate and less arguing over who brings what, and if someone has to cancel at the last moment, we won't be missing anything other than their presence... :)

Just my $.02

You know - if I HAD 2 cents for every time I said that, I'd STILL be poor... *L*

Joe

17. britt1

Dec 10, 2001
    I think the "pitch-in" option is best as well. Should be a fun time!

18. Darth_Fairacon

Darth_Fairacon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2004
    OUCH! I thought we were doing the BBQ on the 10th of June as well.. I am going to be shooting for the FAN FILM on the 11th, so I don't know if I can make it. I will try though...

I do agree that the chip in method is best!

:)
    Todd
    DF

19. Slave_princessJedi

Feb 25, 2005
    Hi everyone,

There seems to be a miss communication on the date for the tail gate party. It was put out as the week of June 10, the tailgate party is Saturday June 11.We cant have it the Tenth since we all work. So saturday would be perfect, we could get there early and base out of our house.

The theatre is doing an add in the paper and fliers.It has become a huge thing with everyone telling everyone else.( well it is gatesville) I asked Mr. Palmer if we could open the drive in lot up early for this. We can park our cars in front for the best seats and start the bar b que.I planned to do a raffle, Paul is making some sabers to raffle off, Tony mentioned having some items he could donate.Super Wal-Mart donated 3 dozen Starwars cupcakes to the party complete with Vader, C-3PO and R2D2 rings on top, I wanted to do a face painting table and Joe mentioned a Trooper Burger booth, Have the trooper do your burger for a buck. I would like to hear some more ideas, if any one has some. Well we were unsure of which charity to donate to, then Paul noticed a Boy Scout troop today at Mckie D's and had the idea of donating the proceeds to them. It would be our first officially donation as a club.I need to know who can show, that way the newspaper add will be acurrate. Please let me know.

Thanks Sunshine

20. britt1

Dec 10, 2001
    Lord willing and I am breathing I will be there!

21. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    We've been talking about heading to the drive-in too. Waco might show up too. :)

22. pattwa_fett

Oct 20, 2004
    that would be cool to have some help from waco... bring it on :D

23. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Looks like a few of us from SA may be in attendance as well . . .

I shall keep ya posted

John

24. Tandeer

Apr 7, 2001
    *claps* How wonderful that our neighboring Fan Clubs will be joining us! I'm just sorry that I won't be there. *pouts*

25. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    What time will everyone be getting there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.