main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drive In Tailgate Party

Discussion in 'Archive: Killeen, TX' started by Slave_princessJedi, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slave_princessJedi

Slave_princessJedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2005
    I'd like everyone to start getting there at 400-430. Since the Drive in will fill up fast once the gates are open I wanted to have our cars parked in front.
    Mr. Palmer said we could open early about 500 to let everyone have a chance at the raffle and face painting.

2. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Do you think it will fill up by 6 or 7? A few of so work Saturday and won't be able to leave town until 4:30-6:00.

3. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    Also, not to sound cheap, but is Mr. Palmer letting the costumed ones in for free? Or do we need to bring some $$$? I don't want to sound cheap, but money's tight...

4. Slave_princessJedi

Feb 25, 2005
    If you can let me know how many people will be leaving Waco late, then we can park an extra car in their spot untill they arrive. As for sounding cheap? Not at all, thats a legitamet question,the people that are costuming will be admitted free, I need to know who would be here so I can give a list to the front for admittance. I just spoke with Michael from HEB here and he is donating products aswell. He also asked if we wanted the H.E.Buddy walking around. Any way thanks alot for all yalls help, and let me know and I'll take care of it.

5. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    Well, Rod and I will be coming late (maybe). My wife gets off work at 6, so the earliest we could leave would be 6:30, and it's about 30-40 mins to Gatesville.

Something came up, and we may have a babysitter on Sat., so Rod and I could probably make it there early - as long as there's plenty of water! My all black sith costume does't like the Texas heat too well.

I'll keep you informed as to what's going on. Joe and Elizabeth are coming, but I don't think they'll be late.

6. JosephEck

JosephEck Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    For those of us "suiting up"... where will we be changing into our gear ??

7. Slave_princessJedi

Feb 25, 2005
    Good question! Sorry I didnt mention it before! For the people suiting up I have made arrangements for a camper to be on-site. Any one suiting up will be able to use it.Also for the costumes that dont require assistance or include a helmet then they can use our house to change and then drive the short distance to the drive in,or wear it here.( although that option might be uncomfortable) I need to verify who is coming for the participation list so I'll know how much food etc to get. Any other questions let me know!!

Thanks,

Sunshine

8. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    From Waco:
    Rod and I will be riding together, and possibly John.
    Joe and Elizabeth will be heading down after he gets off work (4?)
    Not sure if Robert is coming, so that puts us at a definate 4, but possible 6. 2 in costume.

9. Lacy404

Lacy404 Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2005
    Hey, I'm obviously new to the Star Wars group and would like to know what I can do to reserve a spot. Unfortunately, I work until 5 on Saturday so I wouldn't be able to show up in Gatesville until at least 6. I don't know if it's necessary or even allowed to reserve spots, but any help would be appreciated. Congratulations, this looks like it's going to turn out to be quite the shindig. Email me at Moe8604@aol.com with any help in getting there.

10. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    There's gonna be about 7 of us from SA - 5 of us will be in costume . . .

- John

11. TK-2521

TK-2521 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Hello all. I know most of you with the exception of Woody may not know me. Woody was talking to me about showing up in my TK armor for the Gatesville show. I just found out that I will not be able to make it because my Dad is getting remarried this Saturday at 3 which is totally shocking the heck out of me but hey I gotta be there. If you can let Woody know for me that would be great and please consider me for any future events which I will try to make if I can as I live in Taylor. Thank You.

Branden S.
    Tk-2521
    501st Legion
    Star Garrison/South Texas Squad

12. Jedisabre

Jedisabre Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2002
    Branden, Sorry that you can't make it. Thank you for letting us know. You are welcome to come to our future events. It would be great to have another Stormtrooper!
    Talk to you later.

Woody

13. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    From Waco -
    Rod, John, and I will be coming. Rod and I will be in costume, Jedi and Sith, respectively. Joe and Elizabeth are maybes, probably more like no. Amy, from Belton, is also a maybe. She just got back from Europe and is jetlagged. If she does come, she may be dressed as ANH Leia.

So, 3 definates and 3 maybes from Waco.

14. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    I'm so pleased to see so many of our fellow clubs joining in on the fun! This should turn out to be another great even with lots of fun had by all.

I'm just sorry that I will not be able to be with you, physically at least, but always in spirit. *S* I will think of all the fun your having while I'm wrapped in mud and seaweed and being massaged. *S*

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!

15. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    Okay, Waco's update...
    Definate: Rod, John, Toby
    Probably: Robert (leaning towards definate)
    Possibly: Nick
    Unsure: Joe, Elizabeth

Also, we want to help clean up the area when we're done, in case no one else has volunteered.

16. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Hey Folks, just wanted to chime in to you that the SA contengency prolly won't make it up today, I am experiencing some really bad pains in my leg and walking and standing is not in my best interest, with that, I was most of our people's ride up there so I do apologize for the short notice but I thought it would have subsided by today but I am still in no better condition than I was before . . .

Take Care

- John

17. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    Bummer. I was really looking forward to finally meeting you! (I'm the one that sent you the 'deflated Fett' picture.)

Get well, and maybe we can all get together at some other time...

18. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I'm sorry but Joe and I have to back out. :( I was really looking forward to meeting everyone. But anyways have fun!! :)

19. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    Had a blast guys! It was really nice getting to see you and help out! Like Joe said, it's all for the kids. Nothing like seeing the look on their faces because they got to talk to Mace and Darth Vader heh! I had a wonderful time and look forward to helping out again soon!

20. KellyJeanne

KellyJeanne Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005

I think it was a huge success and had alot of fun helping where i could. i think sunshide did a wonderful job organizing the whole thing and we owe her big time for the work she does. Just my 2 cents

KellyJeanne

21. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    You are absolutely correct on that one! Sunshine definately 'slaved' over this to get it right! The Fan Force, not just Killeen's Fan Force, is a much better place because of her! Now if only I could steal her for our group!

Sunshine, I want to personally thank you for inviting us out and letting us dress up and help out as we could. I didn't feel like I deserved the brisket, but since I didn't want to offend anyone.... Top notch and 5 stars to you. The force is strong in you. Whenever you need something that I can help with, you just let me know!

22. JosephEck

JosephEck Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    How cool was that ? I love doing these things, but man ! This one was by far the most fun I've had yet!! And raising all that money for the Boy Scouts was awesome. Kinda gives you an extra warm fuzzy feeling about doing things like this. And even Chris looked awesome in the Chewie outfit - nice of him to volunteer to sweat off a few pounds (though he didn't need it nearly as much as me. LOL.)

Thanks again, Sunshine, for another job well done (and no, WACO, you can't have her - we won't let you. muah hah hah.)

And of course, special thanks to our compadres in Waco for showing up, hanging out, having fun, getting dressed up and even sticking around to help clean up at 2:00 AM ! You guys rule !!!

Hope to do this again REAL SOON !!!

Joe

23. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    Right on Right on....

Joe, I saw your pics on your site (googled TK-1731). Awesome. Rod's daughter took pics too Yahoo. Never mind the finger in the way! I need to work on smiling less as a sith, I suppose...

24. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    I'm glad that the event went well. It's good to hear when our neighboring Fanforce chapters have a great event! We here with the SA Fanforce are sorry that we couldn't make it. Real life unfortunately gets in the way sometimes. Awesome job guys!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.