main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Drive You Mild (L/M, massive AU -- {Updated March 4!} Complete.)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obaona, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
  2. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    No, it's not. I've already sent this person a PM. If you know where the fanfic page is, Rann, then find the thread there by the same name as the story. It just has clips, though, no extra chapters.

3. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Oh, okay, well, at least I tried.

4. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Yes, RedGold, that's the SJRS (thanks for the link!). :p The message boards they have (see the first post) are what the others were talking about - I posted a sneak peek some months ago.

[edit] You people are quick! :p It's the JC thread of the SJRS, I suppose. The link RedGold had a link to the link to the link, though . . . Thanks. [:D]

RannOrgana - I removed the parts I had posted on SJRS a few minutes after I posted this story. All you'll find is a link to here. Sorry. [:D] I wanted it to be in one place. :p If it helps any, there was only one, tiny itsy bitsy scene more here than there currently is here. The scene was two pages, if that, and I'll be posting it soon. :p If you're interested, though, SJRS does have some nice, good fics there. :D

Those are interesting links - you should post them at SJRS, or something. :p They're always looking for more L/Mness. ;)

Thanks for the interest (and enthusiam! :p ). [:D]

5. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I've thought about this story off and on ever since you posted the beginning at the SJRS board. I'm so glad you finished it!

*rubs hands together in anticipation*

Can't wait! :D

6. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    I have to agree, I think it's the best thing you've written. I can't wait to see what happens next. This has the feeling of an epic tale, and you're the writer equal to telling the story!

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    WOW! I can already tell I am going to love this story. I like the entries from the Annals at the beginning. As a huge Dune fan (not as much as SW, of course!) I found that interesting. I can't wait to see what happens next. It is superb, I don't know what else to say!

8. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Fantastic beginning! I can tell this is going to be a great story!

9. RannOrgana

RannOrgana Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2004
    thanks for links to SJRS i'll register soon.

Rann Organa

10. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    :eek:

This, uh, story, is, uh, it's, well, uh, gah, it's, just, uh, what I mean to say is... Oba, marry me.

This is the best idea for a story I have ever seen. I can hardly wait to get back to school when I can check the boards all the time again.

Oh, and the marriage proposal--it was a joke. Unless you don't want it to be. :)

11. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    RannOrgana: Hey, I'm one of the writers over at the SSB (that first link you posted). While I'm greatly flattered that you think we write great stories, there are NC-17 stories there and posting links to sites with stories rated above PG is not allowed by TF.N, so you might want to remove them and let people know you'll PM them the link if they want it and they're over 18. I wouldn't want to see you get in trouble! ;) Not sure about the others (except Mara_Luke at Yahoo-I know it does as well) but you might want to double check that.

Now, Oba! About this magnificent story that I have been waiting so long to see! I thought you had given up on it, and I'm so thrilled to find that I was mistaken. I adore your viggies, but I am practically salivating at the prospect of another long story from you! :D

I can't wait to see Mara and Luke's first meeting and I really can't wait to find out what happened to Leia and where is Han and...oh, man, you gave us just enough to really tease us in this post!

Are you going to have a regular posting schedule?

More soon!

P.S. green_eyes: I knew about this one before you! nyah! :p j/k [:D] :D

12. RannOrgana

RannOrgana Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2004
    Kayladie: Oops my bad thank god its only two links

Rann Organa

13. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Oh, wow. This looks like it's going to be a fantastic story. That first post was brilliant - loved Luke as Emperor. And the idea of an arranged marriage sounds very intriguing indeed.

I loved the sections from the Annals of the Empire. Very Dune-like - definitely a good thing!

?My father is dead, Kejal,? Luke said fiercely, turning to stare into Kejal?s eyes. His gaze was so intense Kejal dropped his eyes. Luke calmed, realizing that Kejal must be truly worried to mention his father after all this time. ?I must act as I see fit, not by my father?s memory. I must adapt.? He waited a moment for Kejal to look at him again. ?You will not refer to my father in such a manner again.?

Very, very interesting...

?It will also create a power struggle between the two of you, my lord. She will be in charge of amassing and maintaining an army to use against you, but must still be loyal to the Empire as your consort. You will cease hostilities and open trading routes, true, but she will still be forced to serve the Empire in some sense. I do not see how one can keep such a contract.?

...what a position for Mara to be in!

Mara looked down, then met her old Master?s eyes. ?I will do what I feel I must. As I?m sure Emperor Skywalker is.?

Hmm... [face_thinking]

This looks to be awesome! Can't wait to read more! *boucing impatiently* :p

14. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'd bounce too, but i'm injured.

15. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
  16. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    WOO!!! It's back, it's back, it's BAAAAAAAAACK!!! *bounces off walls* [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Whoa, Oba, when you start swinging around words like "masterpiece" I need to have the phone close to dial 911 in case your greatness keels me over! :eek: *grovels*

17. Jedi_Chani

Jedi_Chani Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2004
    Prime AU! :D

18. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Happy 100th fic obaona

Wow this story has a wonderful AU start. It is cool to think of Luke as the Emperor and Mara a hero of the New Republic.
    Adi is Mara's master? That is really cool. :D

19. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Jedi Trace: Thank you! :D I'm glad it stuck with you for so long. :p

LukesTheMan: LOL, you can tell already? 8-} Don't answer that. :p It's sort of an epic tale. ;) It's a epic tale hidden beneath political intrigue and romance. :p Thank you! :D

VaderLVR64: You're the first person besides my mother to connect that to Dune! :D Dune totally inspired it. ;) I loved that in the book, it really added a lot of depth to the story, and I think it does here. :) Thank you!

AnakinsHeir: Thank you! :D

TheCrazyRodian: [face_laugh] You really made me grin with your post. :D Only if I don't want it to be, eh? :eek: I'm glad you like the story, and I hope you continue to enjoy it. ;) Thank you. :D

kayladie97: :eek: Given up on it? Never. ;) Okay, I wanted to a few times. :p I decided with this story to write it all before posting, that's all - that's probably why you thought I gave up on it. :p Hehehe, thank you! @};-

All of those things are dealt with at some point in the story. [face_batting] That's all I'm saying. [face_mischief] I'm actually deciding right now how long the next post will be - it's a while until we get to L/M's first meeting. We might have a regular posting schedule - I know I probably should, actually. School starts in a few weeks, and I don't know how that will mess things up, though. :)

Knight_Aragorn: Thank you. [face_blush] For some reason, I've always wondered what kind of Emperor Luke would make. And I think he would make a frightenly good one, myself. [face_mischief] And aye, Dune inspired the Annals. :D I loved those in the book, and I think they're effective here.

Yep, Mara's in a hard position. :D It'll be interesting to see how she deals with it ... [face_mischief]

DarthIshtar: Sorry to hear that. :)

green_eyes: Please keep it entirely to PM, would you? ;) I don't want my thread overrun by considerations for other sites. Thanks. :D

ThePariah: Er, thank you. ;) When I start swinging around words like 'masterpiece', I get that kind of reaction? :eek: Thank you, I think. :p

Jedi_Chani: Thanks! :D I think. :p

Senator_Leia73: Thanks! @};- It is cool - I really had such fun writing them. ;) I don't even remember anymore why I chose Adi as Mara's Master, though. 8-}

RannOrgana: I know I asked this via PM, but please remove the links, and post them in a place more appropriate. :) If you're having a problem with another site, PM or email the people involved - you got lucky that people here were also familiar with what you were talking about.

Just a little author's note - advertising other stories or sites without the author of the thread's permission isn't allowed here. There are other places to discuss L/M sites; please use them. There's the Resource, or PM'ing. It's a big place with a lot of resources. ;)

This is a story thread, and I would like it to be kept that way. Thanks, everyone. :)

20. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Here we go. :) Feedback is always appreciated. ;)

[i]Emperor Vader was known as ?Lord Vader? for the fourteen years he served Emperor Palpatine. His past was largely unknown ? his sole claim to identity was as a Sith Lord. It was during the years in which Emperor Palpatine?s rule destabilized that he began to build the power base that would allow him to rule in Palpatine?s stead. To the day of the writing of this document, the exact cause and manner of Palpatine?s death remains uncertain, but it is largely accepted that Vader felt Palpatine could no longer rule, and killed him as a result.

For the galaxy, this turned out to be a boon. Emperor Vader was as fierce and unyielding as Emperor Palpatine had ever been, but during his short reign he abolished the slavery of alien species that Palpatine had ordered as ?necessary?, lowered taxes, and crushed all Rebel efforts so thoroughly that once a planet had been taken care of, it would not need intervention again. He was considered to be a practical Emperor for his efforts to treat Imperial citizens fairly, but sedition or disagreement with Imperial methods was still punishable by execution.

He was revered by many even after his death.

--- Annals of the Empire, Vol. II.[/i]

Luke?s office wasn?t particularly opulent. Palpatine had had a taste for the big, the overdone, the plush . . . he loved to show his wealth and power. Vader had cared little for such displays, and at Vader?s request, most everything in the Imperial Palace was stripped and burned. It was rumored Vader had said only ?Get rid of it all? and Kejal had done the rest of his own accord; only he and Kejal knew that rumor was actually true. As such, the beautiful architecture of the Palace remained, but little else did. Luke hadn?t bothered to do much with it either, just told Kejal to put something subtle and comfortable in and then left the matter alone.

As a result, while Luke?s office was larger than most homes, its major feature were the sweeping ceilings and meticulously ordered documents and reports. Luke unordered them every day going through them, and at night his staff would come in and put everything in its place again. Luke was presently doing just that ? disorganizing everything, making notes, and giving brisk orders to the questions and reports that came in every few minutes.

?I?m sorry, my lord, there are acolytes in the courtyard again.?

?Let them stay there for an hour, then ask them to leave. If they don?t, stun them and drag them out,? Luke ordered briskly, instantly, not looking up from what he was reading ? or even pausing.

?Yes, my lord," came Kejal's voice.

Luke heard him step away. Luke was quickly lost again in the humdrum of keeping the Empire running. Most decisions could be made by his staff, who were all extremely competent, but some had to be made by him. Even after all kinds of levels, he still had a lot of work to do. And a lot of that he still delegated to others. Scattered among new galactic laws proposed by the Moffs ? who served as a Senate, of sorts, as Vader had abolished the original one ? were reports of sedition and plans to circumvent Luke. There were even a few plausible assassination plots.

Some time later, he heard Kejal return, but he stopped before reaching Luke. A murmur of voices, and then nothing.

?What is it?? Luke asked, looking up at last. Kejal was looking down at a datapad with a concerned look on his face.

Kejal silently walked over to Luke and handed it to him, deftly avoiding a stack of documents.

Luke perused it, then grinned. ?The New Republic accepted.?

Kejal sighed.

Luke looked up at him. ?This is a good thing, Kejal.?

?If you say so, my lord.?

Luke shot his advisor an amused look at the deadpan note to his voice. ?I do say so.? He put the datapad down. He would give the Republic?s reply to his staff to see what they made of it, get their opinion, and have them draft a reply. ?What did you come here for??

?You asked to be notified of the Vaderians? movements,? Kejal said delica

21. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I like the two offices and both parties' cool heads while everyone else has these doubts and there is a possible undertone of them doubting it themselves.

22. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    This just keeps getting better and better. When you said the acolytes I thought you were going to try to set Luke up with a religious order ala Dune. Does Emperor Skywalker have a Sith Apprentice or other darkside elite?

Hopefully we'll get a sparring match between Luke and Mara before too long.

Hand

23. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    *Rubs hands together in anticipation* This is getting relly good.

Is it to soon to ask for more?

24. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Wow! This is a great story! I cannot wait to see more!!

AG88

25. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Let's see. There are looneys that think Vader will come back to life bugging Luke and Mara has to put up with constant warnings that Luke is up to something. They'll both be nuts in no time. ;)

Good work. Can't wait to see more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.