main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Drive You Mild (L/M, massive AU -- {Updated March 4!} Complete.)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obaona, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    *Jaded_Girl eventually comes to after fainting dead away at the delicious HOTNESS of the post* [face_love]

~Kejal stopped in front of Luke's massive, buried desk, and looked Luke straight in the eye. "My lord, what have you done?"
    ~Luke sighed. "It's impressive, how you actually say that title convincingly, yet still sound so chastising."

They're both so cute! [:D]

otherwise known as the Mara event, Luke thought

[face_laugh]

~"All plans change over time," Kejal said after a moment.
    ~Luke was surprised by the conciliatory note in that remark. "Yes. Of course."...
    ~~"I wish you the best, my lord," Kejal said, eyes kind, and there was something strong in that word, 'wish'. Kejal was always grounded in practicality, and yet Luke sensed wistfulness in his affection and frustration.

AWWWWWWW!!!! [face_love] *hugs Kejal tightly* He's so SWEET and loving towards Luke! Ack! He's awesome!

~This deepening of their relationship ? and that's what it was, as much as she marveled at it ? was exhilarating, exciting, necessary.
    ~She didn't think she could even explain it to herself anymore.

[face_love] :D
    Mmmmm. "Necessary", eh? [face_mischief]

~His mouth twitched into a repressed smile. "How did you know I wouldn't hurt her? Organa?" He said it calmly, but with confrontation in his eyes.
    ~"Because . . . I was right about you," she said.

*sighs happily*

Luke had been telling her about his etiquette training, and how irritating it had been. His father, he had added, had always avoided him during those hours, a tidbit of information that Mara found highly amusing.

*giggles* :p

~"I used to cry myself to sleep, because I felt so weak."
    ~Luke abruptly stopped their silent dance, putting Mara off balance. She held onto him, as he remained steady as a rock. She met his eyes, startled, and he was staring at her, mute with pain. "I know that feels like," he whispered.

*Jaded_Girl notes with no small distress that there is no "sitting on the edge of your seat, intensely reading the computer screen, heart pounding with sympathy, sorrow, pain and horror" face... 'cause she'd line the screen with them*

He took his hand from her waist, and brought it to her face. "Some things are too horrible to tell."...

"Vader took me too soon," Luke said at last, his words unexpected. "I was strong enough to be a threat, too weak to defend myself."

"Two years," Mara said, remembering the gap between when she knew he had been on Tatooine, and when Luke's existence had been declared after the death of Palpatine. ...

She touched his mind through the Force, opening her own, and she felt something within him just collapse.

He gasped out loud, his pain vivid in the Force, painted in bloody slashes in images from memory as his shields dropped around Mara. He still remained standing, and Mara didn't know how, because she was falling. She felt like she was going to vomit as his confession became mental and full. ...

Force," she managed. She met his eyes, and of all things, saw concern for her there. "How can you say you're not strong?" Palpatine had not merely been cruel, he had been sick and disgusting, and she loathed him with all her strength. How ? how could he have done that to a child? How dark had Vader been, to allow that, then? She hated him, his death not sparing him her anger.

"He didn't," Luke denied, listening to her thoughts, shaking his head, upset and his eyes full of tears. "He tried ? " and more images, of fighting, of clean medical bay beds.

"How could he bring you there, away from Tatooine?" Mara questioned, voice hoarse with emotion. They were standing so close to each other now, her eyes were closed and she could feel his breath on her neck. Not quite an embrace, too tense to offer comfort. "Knowing he could not protect you?" Had he known how far his protection would have to extend ? had he known that he would even want to?

"Because love is a twisted, comp

2. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Wow, this has been a thoroughly satisfying night. First I go to the movies and see The Incredibles (great movie by the way), and then I come back and read the best post ever written for the best AU L/M fic that's totally twisted and yet realistic at the same time. I'm going to sleep, I don't know if I can take anymore.

*turns out light and paws around in bed for teddy bear*

3. NenYim

NenYim Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Wow.

The way all that emotion was in there was just wonderful. One of the best posts! :)

4. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ooh love it! Loved the mush, the talk....her seeing his past, (my poor Lukie! :() Love it all....can't wait for the last post, though I'll be depressed that it's over!

5. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    Interesting twists you have made with plot. Well done, Oba. Sorry you are so tired. Get some rest and we will wait - studies are more important.

i liked how Mara helped to foster but obviously didn't impose Luke's own compassion and heart connection.

was wondering if at some point Mara would talk to Adi about the whole thing, but maybe Adi is still too "old school" for a Jedi. would have liked to see your take on what that discussion would be between Adi and Mara in the Post-Anakin turns into Vader world.

maybe we can have a discussion here while we wait about Love, Sex and the Jedi. Because we get very little about this from the movies.

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    So, who thinks that Luke will turn back? Who thinks that Mara will turn? Who thinks we shouldn't care and just want her to get some lovin'?

7. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    I don't think there will be any turning at all, I think there will be an emergence of new jedi ideology. But I do just want Mara to get some lovin'.

8. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Perfect Oba! =D=

"She tried teaching me at first," Mara continued, starting to move, the movement deliberately clumsy and also making Luke trip over his own feet. "Then she recruited Obi-Wan somehow. I'm sure he wondered what the hell he was doing trying to teach a snotty fourteen year old the Alderaani waltz."

Luke smiled faintly. "I can just imagine," he said. "Father, when he spoke about it all, said Obi-Wan didn't have much rhythm ? that he couldn't sing, either."

I feel like some of the bitternes has gone... They speak about the past, a past so full of pain, betrayal and hate about little funny moments, moments that shared between friends, when they were still friends and before they became enemies... Somehow I felt as healing had begun, little steps and a long road ahead, but it's a start... The following scenes just confirm this. No nightmares for Luke while he is sleeping in Mara's arms... Excellent reverse of them as in cannon... As well the scene where Luke was showing Mara what happened to him in Palpy's hands...

"I would not have our love borne of pain." [face_love]
    Love this line!

So it will be finished by the nest post! :( Can we hope for a sequel? It's too soon and many things will be left open... Please? [-o|

[:D]

9. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Can we hope for a sequel? It's too soon and many things will be left open...

You might be surprised, my friend, at how nicely things get wrapped up. ;)

Though a sequel would be lovely, oba dear. [face_batting] Under the right circumstances, of course . . . [face_worried]

10. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    Umm... *nudges floor with toe*... well.....it's tuesday... and, um..... could we please have a post?

(No pressure though, take your time, just an overly eager reader, waiting for even just a crumb or a morsel of a wonderful story...)

11. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Obaona, I am a Stay-at-home mom. School has been cancelled since last Wednesday because of the snow. I have two hyperactive small boys driving me crazy. I need an update to maintain my sanity!!!!! :_|

Please!!!!!!

AG88

12. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Don't guilt-trip me! :_| I have homework and a sore throat. ;) Take pity on me, O Readers ...

[face_praying]

You can wait until Friday. ;) You can do it!! [face_good_luck]

13. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Wow, another amazing post! :D (I can?t believe there?s only one more left. :eek: :oops: :_| )

What I like best, I think, is the way that Luke and Mara manifest their love ? by shutting the rest of the galaxy out, and focusing on each other. Of course their obligations intrude at times, but when they?re together they?re not thinking about repercussions and consequences, only on healing each other. Very well done. :)

And love really can ease anguish? The end with Luke simply drawing on Mara?s presence there with him to banish his nightmares was perfect. [face_love]

14. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Hey, it was worth a try, Obaona. ;)

The good news is school is going to be open tomorrow!! [face_dancing]

AG88

15. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    One last post for this story? and i finally caught up? please, will there be a sequel? This is such a wonderful story. :D

16. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Wondewrful. .. Positively wonderful :)

No they arn't rushing anything.

Sorry I've been so far behind, I've had some stuff I needed to / am dealing with.

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, she promised it on March 4 and I'm not pestering her until March 5 for a post.

18. Leia

Leia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 8, 1998
    Well, this has been a taste of a post-DYM world.

I don't think I like it. :(

I hope you're feeling better, oba. [:D]

19. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    Chicken soup and love for Oba!!

(Peanut butter and jelly that is, if you're vegan :D )

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    ::Sends oba some herbal tea.::

21. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    Hope your throat feels better, Oba!

:)

22. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    *Standin on swiss mountain wearing laderhosen*

Riiiiii coooo laaaaaaaaaaaa.......

23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    ::Starts yodeling to pass the time.::

24. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    ::wakes up:: OMGFRIDAY.

Ups this.

25. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    ***Looks around for the update that she anxiously has been waiting for all week***

"Not here yet?"

:_|

I hope Obaona is not sick. [face_worried]

AG88

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.