main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Drive You Mild (L/M, massive AU -- {Updated March 4!} Complete.)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obaona, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    *going through replies in order*

Jedi Trace: Thank you! :D I'm also a big Luke/Vader fan (though I don't know why I don't write more of it), so the parts where Luke thinks about Vader were fun to do. :) I'm glad you like the L/Mness, too. @};-

JediArwen: I love giving hints. [face_mischief]

I'll answer the nightmare question - I won't say why Luke has nightmares (and I've already hinted as to why), but the cycle thing doesn't really have importance. I tend to have nightmares in cycles (I'll get them a few nights in a row, then nothing for months), and I haven't been through what Luke has. Hence why he gets them in cycles. Oh, there's also a minor plot point with that. :p

Yep, perhaps not so dark after all. ;) But does not-dark mean good intentions towards Mara/the Republic? [face_batting] You know I like to tease. O:)

L/M are already falling for each other? :eek: Wow, that was quick . . . :p Thanks for reading. @};-

Elli: They don't have to consummate the marriage for it to be legal. As Gabri pointed out to me (and I remember this from elsewhere), it's in the separation that consummation becomes an issue (divorce vs. annulling), but not until then. And can you really picture L/M acting the way they do around each other, and sharing a bed at the same time? ;)

LOL, yes, apprentices that kill you are bad. :D And you are wise not to make assumptions. O:)

It's an easy line to miss. [:D]

academygrad88: See my reply to Elli, but also: Why would Luke expect intimate relations? The only time the contract talks about it, is in reference to things going wrong, not any requirement that Mara share his bed. And really, what sense does it make? If he wants someone to sleep with, he can get someone more cooperative. Same thing with making an heir. As Mara points out, Luke is plenty strong and his mother wasn't Force-sensitive, so why does Luke need Mara that way?

Anyway. :p Just thought I'd explain. :D Or at least explain why it was never gone over in detail in the story ... :p

RedGold: An interesting analysis, but can the Republic and Empire fall into any category? (I'm not a history major, just thinking. ;) )Can you imagine how different culture must be, on a widespread scale, in the GFFA? And then there's that the galaxy is rather widespread, so opinions on that sort of thing could change from system to system, or the Core to the Outer Rim. [face_thinking]

Look at it within the confines of the story - what reason do either of them have to consummate their marriage? Not a legal one, or it would have been part of the marriage contract. Luke has no need of Mara to provide an heir, he just made sure some other man's couldn't become his. The lack of mention of adultery is telling, too. He doesn't show any personal interest in her until he actually meets her, and then it's more cautious than anything else.

So yeah . . . I can see what you're saying, about GFFA's women's rights - and culturally, what is considered normal for an arranged marriage - but here, I don't think it would matter. The Empire is a new entity, and so is the New Republic (which is also a democracy, which hardly implies arranged marriages being the norm). Plus it's a rather unique situation to begin with. Sith and Jedi? :eek:

You're not a sad person. ;) ;) [:D] That was interesting. Got me to thinking what Luke was really thinking, and what Mara was expecting, when the marriage thing was laid out. [face_thinking] I think it's clear enough, though, that consummation was never part of the deal. :) I'm glad the story (indirectly) got you thinking. :D

Leia: And [face_mischief] there was also this:

Adi nodded. ?It seems odd to us, as well. You are a Jedi; he may wish an heir.?

?I don?t think so,? Mara said, shaking her head. ?Skywalker?s mother wasn?t Force-sensitive and he came out a plenty powerful Sith Lord. He knows that.?

?Nevertheless,? Adi said severely, ?you cannot forget what you are, and what he is.?

Adi accepts

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Wow, so where do I start? My favorite part had to be Luke talking about his love for his father. There's this hint of the love that we see between L/M in canon, but it's so painfully formal, forcedly detached for the sake of duty. I iked that Bail and Leia were still in resistance and that Luke still does not know about leia as his sister.

3. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Glad you liked Leia! :D

and obaona

An interesting analysis, but can the Republic and Empire fall into any category? (I'm not a history major, just thinking. )

That is a good statement. Most countries on Earth itself are put into broadly catagorized terms that sometimes don't even fully encompass the situation. (Don't get me all started on the "Dark Ages" title.)

Can you imagine how different culture must be, on a widespread scale, in the GFFA? And then there's that the galaxy is rather widespread, so opinions on that sort of thing could change from system to system, or the Core to the Outer Rim.

Once again, see above. But what I did was look at the Empire, Jedi, and Republic as a whole rather then individual plants inside the system. These cultural standards would be the ones that highly placed individuals like Luke and Mara would have to comform to with only a few "throwbacks" to their original upbringing. I'm assuming Luke's would be on Coruscant which the planet itself would be more like the overall culture of the Empire then it's own individual because it is the center of the government. As for Mara, well, she has "proper" Jedi training in a "religion" that is a obvious reference to pre-reformation Earth. But we have the woman's rights issues which muddle that as well.

Look at it within the confines of the story - what reason do either of them have to consummate their marriage?

That is why I thought it important to note that specific part of the marriage contract.

Not a legal one, or it would have been part of the marriage contract. Luke has no need of Mara to provide an heir, he just made sure some other man's couldn't become his. The lack of mention of adultery is telling, too.

Very telling. Shows that he's a realist and very enlightened. That would make him more akin to modern Earth culture. Modern=no consumation.

He doesn't show any personal interest in her until he actually meets her, and then it's more cautious than anything else.

And so fun to read! But it has been known to happen in political marriages. Victoria and Albert spring to mind.

So yeah . . . I can see what you're saying, about GFFA's women's rights - and culturally, what is considered normal for an arranged marriage - but here, I don't think it would matter. The Empire is a new entity, and so is the New Republic (which is also a democracy, which hardly implies arranged marriages being the norm). Plus it's a rather unique situation to begin with. Sith and Jedi?

But the thought had to come from somewhere. A throwback to the Old Republic? Just as if someone calls someone out to fight in the parking lot after a man hits on his wife? That's a throwback to the dueling days of ten paces and shoot 'em!

Now the fact that everyone is concerned on what "wool he's trying to pull over their eyes" and not why he's chosen to seal the deal with a marriage shows that the idea is not foreign. Just not in daily use. It was something that found itself by the wayside as woman gained more rights. (We do know that Palpy discriminated against woman in his empire, but that is gone now.)

You're not a sad person. That was interesting.

Really? Thanks!

Got me to thinking what Luke was really thinking, and what Mara was expecting, when the marriage thing was laid out. I think it's clear enough, though, that consummation was never part of the deal. I'm glad the story (indirectly) got you thinking.

I had no doubt when I read the story that no consumation took place, but then everyone started talking about it and I got to thinking. It's good to have your mind challenged when you read. Guess that's why I like reading Mara. Wrapping your head around the psychology of her, esp in VOF, is a great mental exercise, and so much fun to boot!

But in the end, it all comes down to this: If the author said they didn't, then they didn't. :D

4. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    *is a bit amazed at the discussion prompted by her random question* Whoa. Remind me to think of more random questions of the sort that'll lead a multi-paged analysis ... Very intriguing, RedGold, 'n' thanks for clearing that up, oba! :D

5. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Wonderful post. Poor Mara is trying to figure Luke out and not having any success at it. More soon. :D

6. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    ***Looks at her watch***

"It is one minute past midnight. It is Friday! Where is my update!!!!!"

;)

I love this story so far. I just had to jest with you. :)

AG88

7. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Overall, you were remarkably patient. (In hindsight.) Of course, you were getting a lot in that last week - what, 10-12 pages every few days?

*dodges thwack*

As though I'd thwack over getting a fantastic story to read. No, dearest. I'd never do that. [face_love]

This, on the other hand . . .

Well, I think it's only a few years earlier than in the EU, anyway - he's what, thirty in this story? Neither of them are really young.

:eek:

*thwacks* [face_beatup]

Whippersnappers these days . . . 8-}

8. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    I. Love. This. Story.
    Tuesday and Friday are now my favorite days!

I love the interaction between Luke and Mara - they are very believable. There are differences in them from not having grown up under "canon" circumstances, but your characterizations still make each inherently Luke and inherently Mara.

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for more (better hurry and post - I'll get mighty sore after a while :p)

9. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    DarthIshtar: I've always loved L/V, and even though he's dead in this story, I liked getting those hints in about how Vader had effected Luke's life. :) Luke and Mara don't love each other yet - right now, there really is just duty. Unless you count how they intrigue each other. ;) Yep, Luke doesn't know. [face_mischief] Thank you. :D

RedGold: Okay, this bugs me. :p You keep trying to put the GFFA and this situation into a box of theory about Earth history, and I think that's a mistake. :p So I just have to do this, sorry. :p A little bit of a tangent, I hope you don't mind ...

You said, These cultural standards would be the ones that highly placed individuals like Luke and Mara would have to comform to with only a few "throwbacks" to their original upbringing. Oh? Actually, I don't think either has to or is conforming at all. They're at the top, and they have power (all the power, in Luke's case). And regardless of whether you delibrately chose to look at it that way, trying to apply broad assumptions to an individual situation just doesn't work. And if L/M were conforming, why does Luke bother with the arranged marriage at all, since it is so antiquated? If Mara is conforming, why does she not do as a proper Jedi would, and leave Skywalker alone so he can't influence her with the Dark Side?

If you want to keep looking at it in the context of Earth's history (which you are, as well as looking at it in more narrow time-frame - all-considering, arranged marriage is considered 'antiquated' here, in America, after a 100 years - it's probably been antiquated in the GFFA as a whole for more like a thousand, the duration of the rule of the democratic Republic), what about Henry VIII? [face_batting] The Roman Catholic church wouldn't annul his marriage, so he threw them out and completely changed history. According to what you say (applying it as you do to GFFA), that wouldn't happen, because Henry would have to conform to cultural standards/tradition/whatever. Luke and Mara's comformity is superficial at best.

Very telling. Shows that he's a realist and very enlightened. That would make him more akin to modern Earth culture. Modern=no consumation. - What's enlightened about marrying for political reasons and then letting your wife sleep with someone else? ;)

And so fun to read! But it has been known to happen in political marriages. Victoria and Albert spring to mind. True. :D

Now the fact that everyone is concerned on what "wool he's trying to pull over their eyes" and not why he's chosen to seal the deal with a marriage shows that the idea is not foreign. Just not in daily use. - You know the Kuati have arranged marriages in the time of the NR. o_O But even that is looked upon as being kind of odd, and that's not even dealing with galactic governments! Again, expectations are different in different areas, and for the two biggies to be using it is somewhat bizarre, to say the least. It was still quite a shock to Leia when Isolder went to her with a proposal. (Broad vs. individual ...) And what would you be more concerned about - the life of a single Jedi, or the Emperor trying to take apart a whole government from the top down? What is their focus - what should there focus be? On the welfare of the NR.

It was something that found itself by the wayside as woman gained more rights. (We do know that Palpy discriminated against woman in his empire, but that is gone now.)

Hooold on. :p Are you saying that during Palpatine's rule, arranged marriage was more common?? What? Palpatine was only around for 20 years as Emperor in the original GFFA, and even less in this one. Do you think it only takes that long for a massive cultural shift in something like marriage? And then *snap*, it's back to the way it was? Not to mention, I already stated something about social concerns in the story - that they didn't change, that it takes more time than that. So I don't know how you reached that conclusion. :p

I had no doubt when I

10. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Sorry, readers, this one is going to be shorter. [face_batting] (The next will be longer.) A tiny plot error was also corrected in an earlier post.

Feedback is, as always, appreciated. :D

[i]The original intention of the Empire was to destroy the Jedi Order; all its members were declared outcast, criminals by nature. Several thousand of the Jedi died during the Clone Wars, but many remained during the rise of the Empire. Lord Vader and others were given the task of hunting them down. The Jedi, however, were not to be easy to find ? not only did they hide with skill, they virtually created the Rebellion in their efforts to survive, bringing many to ?awareness? of the Empire?s wrongdoings long before they would have come up with the idea on their own.

As bounties and hunting parties increased in size, so did the Rebellion, until the Battle of Corundler, where Emperor Skywalker rescinded the active orders to hunt the Jedi down; in that moment, the Jedi became worth no more than any other Rebel. Reasons for the move remain unknown, and it is considered one of the few puzzling things of Emperor Skywalker?s reign.

--- Annals of the Empire, Vol. II and Vol. III.[/i]

The Jedi Temple was nothing like the one on Coruscant had been. The one on Coruscant had been ancient and stunning in its beauty. Everything from the architecture down was wonderfully and lovingly crafted. This Temple, on the Republic?s capital world of Ferwyn, was no less lovingly made, of course. But the pride of the Jedi was gone; the building was not only much smaller ? partially to accommodate the fact that there were fewer Jedi ? it was also much more plain. The four, short spires were, as with the old ones, curved, but there the resemblance ended. They were a simple white-washed stone and woven durasteel, without an ounce of decoration.

In one of those spires, the occupants studiously went over the new information brought to them.

?What did the NRI decide?? Obi-Wan Kenobi asked, referring to the New Republic Intelligence department. He sat in one of the room?s five chairs, hand thoughtfully stroking his white beard. But while his age was obvious, the bright blue eyes never dimmed.

Mace spent a moment looking at him. ?They think Sefer is an attempt at a decoy, and they?re looking deeper for some other weapons research installation.?

Obi-Wan nodded, still looking down at the datapad in his hand.

?I don?t like it,? Adi Gallia said uneasily, her long robe trailing along the hard floor as she slowly walked in a circuitous pattern.

?Luke isn?t stupid. I?m not sure Sefer was an attempt at a decoy,? Obi-Wan said, looking at Adi. Mace didn?t fail to note that Obi-Wan still referred to Skywalker so familiarly, and neither, he was sure, did Yoda, who sat in another of the room?s chairs. Yoda was being uncommonly quiet, observing rather than interacting.

?Then what was it? He mentioned it to Mara for a reason,? Adi pointed out reasonably.

?I just think there?s something else going on,? Obi-Wan said, looking up and meeting Adi?s eyes.

?I hardly think you?re an expert on the boy, Obi-Wan ?? Adi began.

Obi-Wan didn?t wince, remaining calm and attentive, but nevertheless, Mace gained the impression he should have. No one but the Council knew where Obi-Wan had been for twelve years; why he had left the Order, and why he had come back. Many Jedi initially viewed him with a certain degree of wariness, remembering Dooku. But the man had quickly proven his good and gentle nature. The fire in Obi-Wan?s soul had never dimmed, but it had been gentled by his time on Tatooine.

?Correct, Obi-Wan is,? Yoda said softly, tapping his gimmer stick thoughtfully. He had a penchant for interrupting at the exactly right time, after everyone had made a fool of themselves arguing.

?I?m not sure I believe there to be a deeper plan,? Mace disagreed gently, ?but it should be considered.?

Adi nodded.

?How is your apprentice doing?? Obi-Wan asked Adi softly.

Adi paused, considering. Her worry was plain to everyone that knew her, but

11. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Reasons for the move remain unknown, and it is considered one of the few puzzling things of Emperor Skywalker?s reign.
    [face_thinking] Hmmm....I wonder....

No one but the Council knew where Obi-Wan had been for twelve years; why he had left the Order, and why he had come back.
    Things brings up about a hundred questions...none of which I will bother asking because I KNOW you won't answer them. Yet, anyway. :p

Obi-Wan shook his head. ?Even if he did recognize her as Force-sensitive, which is unlikely as her presence has never been strong, there is no reason for him to think she is his sister.?
    Something tells me that Obi-Wan may be wrong here...

Before that time, the Rebellion constantly drifted and had no solid base or home. In the Unknown Regions, that changed; and settling in the Unknown Regions changed them as well.
    To paraphrase Wedge in Starfighters of Adumar...since they're obviously mapping the unknown regions, it might be pertinent to call them something else. ;) ...and no, that's by no means a dig at your writing. That line just always amused me and I thought it fit here....
    *wonders now if General Cracken or my beloved Rogues will make appearances in this*

Now for a serious comment on this...I can imagine how different it must be to have a set place like this...that was, I think, one of the things that hurt the Alliance...always flitting around, always on the run.

Commander Wedge Antilles
    *cheers* Yay for Wedge...apparently the Rogues SHALL appear :D

?Her position within the Empire can be used to weaken them ? even without breaking the treaty. Rumors, creating contacts and assets . . .? Her eyes lit up at the possibilities only a spy master could see. ?Even helping us get spies in, if need be.?
    This sounds promising...Mara gets to do her stuff...yay!

Wonderful post.

Jes

EDIT: Yay! First post!

12. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Thanks for the update! What intrique!! Wonderful!!

So you are a lurker in that thread I mentioned. [face_blush] Don't believe a word they say about me there! ;)

Excellent update. I cannot wait until Tuesday's post!

AG88

13. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Intriguing again, like seeing the outside perspective on the relationship, the possible exploitation option...

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Very interesting post, on so many levels. I found it fascinating that Obi-Wan had still spent so many years on Tatooine.

Obi-Wan didn?t wince, remaining calm and attentive, but nevertheless, Mace gained the impression he should have. No one but the Council knew where Obi-Wan had been for twelve years; why he had left the Order, and why he had come back. Many Jedi initially viewed him with a certain degree of wariness, remembering Dooku. But the man had quickly proven his good and gentle nature. The fire in Obi-Wan?s soul had never dimmed, but it had been gentled by his time on Tatooine.

Obi-Wan obviously still feels close to Luke on some level or he would simply be "the Emperor."

Hmmm.....

15. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    The intrigue level just went up quite a bit. Whatever Luke's plan is, I'm enjoying seeing it unfold bit by bit. Good work.

16. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    And the plot thickens... it is positively stew....

17. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    First off, about the latest post... very interesting... everyone is trying to figure out what's going on. But only the Sith knows!

Now, as for the rest...

Okay, this bugs me. You keep trying to put the GFFA and this situation into a box of theory about Earth history, and I think that's a mistake.

I'm just going off incarnates comment about how it works on Earth. So therefor doing a compare/contrasty thingy. Nothing, even our own history, can be boxed into one theory. It's been tried. Don't work.

So I just have to do this, sorry. A little bit of a tangent, I hope you don't mind ...

What the heck... I like a good tangent now and again.

Oh? Actually, I don't think either has to or is conforming at all. They're at the top, and they have power (all the power, in Luke's case).

Actually the higher up a person is the more they are likely to conform. Not conforming can lead to serious issues with the public. Even if Luke isn't an "elected" official, it's still better to have people behind you rather then against you. Saying that the public is "endeared" to him means that he at least isn't doing to much that is taboo.

And regardless of whether you delibrately chose to look at it that way, trying to apply broad assumptions to an individual situation just doesn't work.

Why? Sometimes things have to be done broadly because as living beings we are prone to the random. While some things are set, others are all over the map.

Besides, assumptions are assumptions. By their nature they can be whatever they want just as long as there is just one grain of truth in which to connect.

And if L/M were conforming, why does Luke bother with the arranged marriage at all, since it is so antiquated?

Simple, he has other reasons. He wants someone close to spread the disinformation. Also it's a grand symbol and sometimes making grand symbols goes father then actual results in the scheme of things.

If Mara is conforming, why does she not do as a proper Jedi would, and leave Skywalker alone so he can't influence her with the Dark Side?

Because Mara is a very curious girl. And as a Jedi she would also feel it's her duty to see if she can "save" Skywalker.

Besides, you wrote it, you tell me!

it's probably been antiquated in the GFFA as a whole for more like a thousand, the duration of the rule of the democratic Republic),

How do you know? Tradition sometimes has a way of sticking around even though it's slightly ridiculous. Take from a person who just moved to England. The problem with America is that we aren't old enough to have any well-breed in traditions. Honestly we don't really understand the concept, not like older countries in Europe.

what about Henry VIII?

What about him?

The Roman Catholic church wouldn't annul his marriage, so he threw them out and completely changed history.

*head hits table*

There was so much more to that story... SO MUCH MORE! But like the American Civil War where everyone only thinks about "slavery", everyone only thinks about the marriage annulments as his reason for establishing the Church of England. Does "dissolution of church lands" mean anything to you?

According to what you say (applying it as you do to GFFA), that wouldn't happen, because Henry would have to conform to cultural standards/tradition/whatever.

Actually, Henry was playing into the hands of several of the wealthy and influentian. So he was doing something with support.

Luke and Mara's comformity is superficial at best.

It always is, always will be. Just look at politics today, especially during last years election.

What's enlightened about marrying for political reasons and then letting your wife sleep with someone else?

It's the whole "no-bones about it" aproach to the marriage. He understands it's not for love and he's not going to begrudge her any "happiness" she might find in someone else.

But it's a mute point as the two seem to be falling for each other anyway.

Yo

18. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    Jeepers, this is a good story.

19. Leia

Leia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 8, 1998
    She?s fascinated by Skywalker. Otherwise, she appears to be fine.

Hmmm... [face_thinking] It appears that Mara has the infamous Skywalker Syndrome, suffered by Star Wars fans everywhere. I hear there's an antibiotic for that, but I doubt anyone would willingly take it. ;) Who wants a cure for Luke? [face_love] Certainly not me! :D

obaona, I just love the idea behind this story. I think it's absolutely fascinating to see all these characters interact that never had the chance to in profic. I'm especially glad that Obi-Wan is still alive. So he was on Tatooine? [face_thinking] Watching Luke perhaps?

Lastly, [:D] for using Bel Iblis. I doubleplus heart him.

20. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    All the conversational posts took me longer to read than the actual story post. ;)

Good chapter, even if it didn't have Luke or Mara. Like everyone else, I'm wondering about those mysterious twelve years that Obi-Wan was gone. Have you mentioned how old Luke was when he joined his father? I was thinking 10 or 11, but I didn't go back and check. So my guess is that 12 years is how long Obi-Wan was guarding Luke, before who-knows-what happened.

21. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    And this story gets better, and beter. :D

This post was good on so many levels. It's good to see that Obi-Wan is still alive, he always makes things more interesting. It was also cool to see other peoples opinions on Luke, and his relationship with Mara.

I just have one question, but I'm not sure if you'll answer it. ;) If the New Republic is in the Unknown Regions, are they occupying the worlds that the Chiss don't have, or did they make some sort of deal with the Chiss, or is this so AU that the Chiss don't exist?

So it was a great post. Tuesday so isn't going to come fast enough.

22. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    I kinda just have a bunch of thoughts down here. Bear with me.

Annals...

Did Vader ever rule this version of the Empire?

Section 1...

It's sad that the temple has been reduced to an ugly concrete thing. However it is good that the NR has a capital.

Obi Wan seems interesting in this fic. I can't wait to see what role he plays, if any.

I also think that Luke knows Leia is his sister. If Vader found out about Luke he would have found out about Leia. I think. Letting Luke keep his last name when the Lars family took him was stupid.

Section 2...

If Mara has to play both sides she's going to have to become a very convincing actress.

23. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Great post! Tension is building....

Great to see Obi-Wan. Some of those hints about him were very interesting... I like that he calls Luke by his first name. But it makes you wonder...[face_thinking]

And then there's this:

?I hardly think you?re an expert on the boy, Obi-Wan ?? Adi began.

Hmm... So what was Obi-Wan up to? And the second part:

?And when Skywalker comes, we?ll be ready,? Ilbis said definitively. ?The Empire will be destroyed at last.?

Uh-oh. [face_worried] That talk about Mara playing a part... I wonder how willing she'll be? And how difficult it will become for her? [face_thinking]

Just pondering randomly. :D Excellent job, can't wait for more!

24. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    This is a lovely fic. I'm enjoying it. Interesting how you have the Jedi vs. Sith thing with a female/male angle. And love how Mara is a Jedi, and you have Adi Gallia in the picture and other Jedi from the Ole Republic.

Good work. Looking forward to the continuing chapters....

Thank you!

25. Geith_Jiseo

Geith_Jiseo Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 26, 2004
    [delurk]

I'm liking it so far. :)

[/delurk]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.