Beyond Driven (post-Reunion AU, J/J, J/D, K/OC) --Chapter 17, February 19, 2005!!--

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaina_and_Jag, May 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jaina_Solo_59 Force Ghost

star 4
    If you want I can beta it so you can put it up now.
  2. Jaina_and_Jag Force Ghost

star 5
    The post is finally here!!!! :D I'm sorry that it took me so long, but DRL & DWB are very hard to get through sometimes. [face_plain]

This post is dedicated to Jaina_Solo_59. :D Thanks for betaing on short notice! :)

Jaina caught Wedge as he was leaving his office, heading to the bridge where he could command the Galactic Alliance forces. Falling into step with him, Jaina began to plead her case. She opened her mouth to speak but was cut off with his sharp, ?No.?

?But, General,? Jaina began, only to be cut off again.

?No, Lieutenant Colonel,? Wedge said swiftly speeding up his pace to leave her behind.

Jaina sped up her pace so she was next to him once again. ?How many squadrons do you have without Twins, Vanguard, and Striker?? she asked, trying a different tactic.

Wedge replied almost immediately, ?Enough.?

?That?s not what I asked General,? Jaina stated, her impatience beginning to get the best of her. They were almost to the bridge and she knew when they got there she would be brushed off and expected to help out wherever her squadron was needed on the Dream. ?I asked how many squadrons you have on active duty.?

Wedge stopped abruptly and turned to face her. ?Lieutenant Colonel, if I were you, I would change the tone I was using while speaking to my superior.? Taking his reprimand in silence, Jaina listened as he continued, ?We have Blackmoon, Spike, Rebel, and,? he paused and then mumbled, ?Vanguard.? As abruptly as he stopped, he began his trek anew.

Jaina, still trying to digest the information, was a step or two behind. ?How did Colonel Fel talk you into letting Vanguard fight??

Wedge seemingly ignored her as they made the final turn to the bridge. ?Tycho!? he yelled as they entered the bridge. Tycho Celchu looked up from the threat board he was studying and motioned Wedge over with his hand. ?Report,? Wedge said crisply.

?It?s worse than we first thought,? Tycho began. The distance that was crossed drowned the rest of his statement out and Jaina disgustedly about faced and walked out of the bridge.

?Goddess!? Wedge yelled, making Jaina pause at the entry to the bridge. ?Twins is active as of right now!? He didn?t need to tell her twice. She bolted from the bridge towards the hanger where Twin Suns was berthed, shouting orders to Kyp on her comlink the entire time.

As soon as Jaina commed him, Kyp had propelled the squadron into action; it wasn?t as if they had needed any prompting, though. They were just waiting on their Commander now. Kyp glanced around the hanger, looking for any sign of the Trickster Goddess. He didn?t catch sight of her until she was vaulting over the ladder into her voxyn-adorned X-wing.

?We?re ready when you are, Divine One,? Kyp stated into his headset.

Less than a minute later, Jaina stated, ?Let?s show them what they?re missing.? Her squadron didn?t need to be told twice. They rose from the ground in a graceful formation, exited the hanger two-by-two, and headed into the war zone.

?Nice of you to join us, Great One,? her aunt?s strained voice barked out from the comm.

Perking up at her aunt?s voice, Jaina responded, ?No problem, Black Lead.? After reviewing the situation and continuing to stay invisible to the enemy?s wrath, Jaina asked, ?Where would you like us??

There was a slight pause as her aunt executed a barrel-roll and shot down a skip, ?Looks to me like Twins would be best fit to help Rebel squadron planet-side.?

Jaina double-clicked her comm as she studied the new mission. ?Alright Twins,? she said, beginning to loop around and head toward their new destination. ?You heard the woman, let?s go show the Vong what they?re missing.? The squadron followed her without a word, making a small smile break through her battle demeanor. They?ve really grown up, she thought proudly. Plasma flying across her transparisteel brought her back to the battle at hand, and made the smile slip right back off her face.

Giving a Force-nudge to Kyp, she switched channels and spoke to Rebel squadron?s l
  3. JAGSGURL15 Jedi Master

star 4
    OMG U UPDATED GO j&J!

awesome

I THINK U MEAN TO BE THE DEATH OF ME! JUST LIKE TKL, and all the other authors out there...

i shall die suddonly... and on the autopsy... cause of death, cliff hanger overdosage!

LOL AWESOME JOB!
  4. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    EEP! :eek: You leave us hanging for God knows how long, only to hit us with that!? Jaina's dead :_|

Or maybe Kyp is just making a mistake in the heat of the battle [face_praying]

Nice fight scene, and discussion between Wedge and Jaina :p :D

~LtJS @};-
  5. jaina32solo Jedi Padawan

I'm glad you guys thought I was evil; that's what I was going for. :p
  6. jaya_tharen Jedi Knight

star 3
    NOOOOOOOOO! Jaina can't be dead! Kyp better be making a mistake or I'll have to...have to, oh, I'll think of something!

Seriously though, great post and I love the cliffhanger!
  7. Pilot_to_be Jedi Padawan

NOOOOOOOOO!! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! You can't have killed Jaina. You did not just kill her!! NO NO NO!!!!

Great story BTW.

Curse you, evil cliffie!!!

MORE SOON?!?!
  8. J_M_Bulldog Force Ghost

star 4
    Hmm, what's with authors posting evil, angst filled, or dread-filled posts on my birthday? ;) :p

Evil cliffie. I pray that Kyp's just made a mistake.
  9. jaya_tharen Jedi Knight

star 3
    They're all out to get you, ya know. That's why everyone posted evil on your birthday. I didn't post evil...you should read my story. It's called "Trouble" don't read my other one though, it's sad.
  10. Jaina_and_Jag Force Ghost

star 5
    REPLIES :D

JG15: OMG U UPDATED GO j&J!
    Haha. I know; surprised myself a bit too. :p

awesome
    I?m glad you?re happy. ;)

I THINK U MEAN TO BE THE DEATH OF ME! JUST LIKE TKL, and all the other authors out there...

i shall die suddonly... and on the autopsy... cause of death, cliff hanger overdosage!

Oh no! I guess I better get my butt in gear, I don?t want to cause anyone death! [face_worried]
    lol.

LOL AWESOME JOB!
    :D Thanks.

Lt: EEP! You leave us hanging for God knows how long, only to hit us with that!? Jaina's dead
    hehe. I know I?m evil. But, ya gotta love me. [face_batting]

Or maybe Kyp is just making a mistake in the heat of the battle
    Let?s hope. [-o|

Nice fight scene, and discussion between Wedge and Jaina
    I?m glad you liked. :)

jaya: NOOOOOOOOO! Jaina can't be dead!
    Why not? o_O

Kyp better be making a mistake or I'll have to...have to, oh, I'll think of something!
    haha. Those are the best kind of threats.

Seriously though, great post and I love the cliffhanger!
    Thanks. :D

Pilot: First off, WELCOME! :D :D [:D] [:D]

NOOOOOOOOO!! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! You can't have killed Jaina. You did not just kill her!! NO NO NO!!!!
    What are you gonna do about it? [face_macho] :p

Great story BTW.
    Thanks. :D

Curse you, evil cliffie!!!
    hehe. I guess you like cliffies, huh? :p

MORE SOON?!?!
    I hope. *bites lip*

Bulldog: Hmm, what's with authors posting evil, angst filled, or dread-filled posts on my birthday?
    I didn?t know it was your birthday! Well, happy belated birthday! ;) :) Hope you had a great day! ;)

Evil cliffie.
    Of course.

I pray that Kyp's just made a mistake.
    I?ll pray too. [-o|

I'm having a little DRL problems (Basketball season is getting heavy :( ) but I hope to be able to get more of the post written very very soon, and shouldn't have too many problems with that since I have free periods during school. :)
  11. Jaina_Solo_16 Jedi Knight

star 2
    whens the next post gonna be?

JS16
  12. Jaina_Solo_16 Jedi Knight

star 2
  13. Jaina_Solo_16 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Helloooooooo?
    *voice echos*

Where is everyone?

JS16

faithfully awaiting a post

Pleeeeeeeeeease
  14. Jaina_and_Jag Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks for all the ups! :D

I have most of it written and some of it typed. I'm workin' on it. ;) I'm just slow. :(
  15. JaydaStar Jedi Padawan

Hi! I'm a new reader and I wanted to tell you this is a spectacular story, and J/J isn't my favorite couple. But they can be cute together, when Jag is written right. And you definitely have written Jag how I like to see him. Post soon hopefully? I'd really like to see what happens next.
  16. Jaina_and_Jag Force Ghost

star 5
    [face_blush] Thanks a bunch! :D I just write Jag how I see him. :p
  17. _princess_leia_ Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I just found this... and now, I must demand another update because it was awesome.

...but it was a cliff, an evil, evil cliff.

Hurry!:p
  18. Jaina_Solo_16 Jedi Knight

star 2
  19. Jaina_and_Jag Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm glad that you liked it leia. ;)

I'm trying to get it down but life is hectic. A friend of my lately died in an accident so I'm having some difficulties concentrating. :( I'm really trying to get it done without too much hassle though.
  20. JaydaStar Jedi Padawan

Oh, no! I'm so sorry about your friend.
  21. Jaina_Solo_16 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sorry about your friend.

Don't rush on the post.

We can all wait. It won't hurt us.

JS16
  22. jaya_tharen Jedi Knight

star 3
  23. Jaina_and_Jag Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks for the support guys. :D

I took a little bit of time off of my writing to be with my friends and stuff, but now I'm back into it! ;)

I even entered a J/J viggie in the J/J Christmas Challenge. It's here if you want to check it out. :)
  24. Jaina_Solo_16 Jedi Knight

star 2
    So is there a new post coming soon?

JS16
  25. Jaina_and_Jag Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm working on it, so hopefully. ;)

I'm also working on another viggie... that it partway done so that should be up soon too! :)
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.