main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Droid or being:Vuffi Ra

Discussion in 'Literature' started by chissdude10, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I love the little guy, hes so cool, by the way what happens to him at the end of Landoes travels in the Centrality? But heres the thing, I think his species inserted there spirit in his body so hes both. any one agree?

2. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    He was a droid. Built by the thonboka in the image of their creators.

3. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    and they were?, i speculate the gee for that matter.

4. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Some kind of 5 tentacled starfish like creatures, that are now extinct. Were a brilliant race. Their droid creations gained sentience and created a society and change their forms as well.

5. The Cat

The Cat Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    ThonBoka was the "StarCave" home of the Oswaft, a race of spaceborne beings. Vuffi Raa himself was built by other machines, who were built long ago by an unnamed species which look like attenuated starfish. Kind of like the robots at the end of "A.I.," they are the "decendants" of the organic race which created them. Also, the droids in question are actually starship-sized, but use the meter-tall starfish avatar as a probe of sorts. Lando calls Vuffi Raa an "infant starship."

6. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Like the EG to droids says that the spacegoing droids built vuffi raa in the likeness of there own creators as a probe to explore and bring them new information. But eg to droids also says lando never really knew what became of vuffi ra after he left him there. So him thinking he is an infant starship is just a theory.

7. The Cat

Mar 24, 2000
    You're kidding! If it doessay that, it's completely wrong. The Oswaft had nothing to do with Vuffi Raa's creation. The Oswaft didn't exist as starfish-like beings, like the race which built Vuffi Raa. Didn't they read the Lando Trilogy?

8. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "They" is dan wallace by the way.

Edit: those droids, not the oswaft that show up in the same book are said to be his "parents" space born robots that modified themselves over time and became large sensient beings, as you see them now. They created vuffi ra in the image of there original creators and sent him out to probe. Vuffi then returned to them.

9. The Cat

Mar 24, 2000
    Right, now you've got it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.