main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Droid vs. Droid

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Gunny, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I want to get opinions on this question: Which army is better: Trade Federation (TPM) or the Seperatists (AoTC,RoTS). I would like to know your opinion on this question.

2. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    The Trade Federation is just an arm of the Seperatist forces. The other Seperatists have some cool toys, too.

3. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Like SR said, the seperatists are in complete league with the trade federation, they all share the same army. But, the Neimodians have a good contract with the banking clan, so they get more of the higher tech droids like the droideka's and super battle droids.

Personally, I like the advanced super battle droids in the ROTS video game. They looked pretty cool... and I liked their lobster claws

4. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Yep, one's just a part of the other. The Trade federation certainly improved their battle droids over the years. The original design is pretty feeble next to the Super.

5. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Well, the Trade Federation Army becomes a component of the CIS forces...

6. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Al;l right, there was a mistake in my question. Which is better, the Trade Federation (it's own army in TPM) or the other Separatists forces (not including TF). What is your opinion?

7. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Depends on what situation.

If we're talking about a single planet-wide invasion, then the TF is considerably the better choice. Depending on which planet they were to conquer, the Trade Federation has those massive Donut Ships ( my name for them) in which to store milions of droids, thousands of tanks, and several of those H-ships in which to transport them, all with armor to protect them. The Donut Ships themselves have several turbolasers to ward off enemy fighters, and other ships that could pose a threat.

But if we are talking about a full scale war, then the other seperatist forces are way better. Since the CIS is made up of several different corporations, unions, Leagues, and whatnot, you have way more in terms of supplies in which to make Droids and other warships in which to conquer other well known planets, ones in which the TF would have had a lot harder time getting.

8. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    It's hard to make that comparison because the great majority of CIS infantry forces was made up of TF droids.

9. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Lando's YVH droids would pwn most of the infantry of the CIS/TF. The Grevious guard-type droids would give them a run more their money though and would be a true challenge though.

10. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    True, most battle droids had the same TF design. However, the TF did not make Super Battle Droids, Homing Spider Droids, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.