main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classics Ewoks Movies: Caravan of Courage and The Battle for Endor

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth-Horax, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Really like these news; was hoping to see more from the old cartoons and the Ewok movies to become re-canonized, the Wisties being somewhere at the top (though I don't know about the Ewoks keeping them in pouches and throwing them at enemies; seems like a mean and disrespectful thing to do).

Dare we hope for Morag the Tulgah witch next?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    B3, revan772 and TCF-1138 like this.
  2. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I would do anything to be able to legit watch these series again. I have the official dvd and have seen some of the other episodes, but I want to go on a marathon with these two tv series. Start to finish.

TCF-1138 and Mother_Talzin like this.
  3. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    We can watch the bootlegs or versions on youtube, but its not the same as the remastered version we know LFL is sitting on. Someone should contact "The Star Wars Show" on youtube, and see if they'll bring up the issue with LFL.

revan772 likes this.
  4. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Does anyone have pics or any other detailed info on Noa's ship from Battle for Endor? My google-fu is not finding too much.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Have you tried the Wook? That's probably the extent of the info.

6. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    That is all I am finding with my searches.

7. Darth Voldemort

Darth Voldemort Jedi Master star 1

Oct 21, 2014
    Can I request that this thread be split into three threads, one for each topic? I mean they can go in the same television forum, but the same thread for three different topic might feel a little congested.

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    There is a separate thread for the Holiday Special. Nowadays there's very little discussion or even interest in Droids or the Ewok movies to warrant their own threads; as you can see this thread is almost 6 years old yet is shorter than many of the active threads around here, so congestion's not an issue.

9. Darth Voldemort

Oct 21, 2014
    ^^ Well I want to add interviews and documentary clips, which will get more responses. How about a single thread for the 2 Ewoks films together? Just like we have a forum dedicated to the classic trilogy, we can have at least one thread for these 2 tied together spin-offs.

cwustudent and B3 like this.
  10. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    Is there a documentary about the Ewok movies? I'd love to see some behind-the-scenes coverage.

cwustudent likes this.
  11. Darth Voldemort

Oct 21, 2014
    There's behind the scenes coverage and about a dozen interviews, but I'd like a separate thread to stack all discussion of the Ewok Adventure films. If the Holiday Special - a single film can have it's own thread, how about a pair of films have their own thread.

12. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    For years, I've had a yearning for Lucasfilm to one day produce a third Ewok film; a trilogy, if you will. While it still may be a hopeless dream, perhaps with the arrival of the Disney streaming service, it may come slightly closer to fruition. If only...

Mother_Talzin and cwustudent like this.
  13. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    I think a modern version of an Ewok movie would have trouble recapturing the magic for the most part, but it certainly would be interesting to see. I have the same concerns for the upcoming Netflix series based on the Dark Crystal movie. Perhaps if they brought Lucas in - but they'd need a feasible story. I imagine Cindel would have to be involved, but Aubree Miller is nearly 40, so maybe they'd go with a new cast, and she'd have a cameo? I'm guessing they'd still want the primary audience to be kids. I'd love a story involving the Nightsisters - some could have fled Dathomir in search for Charal.

14. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I really hope that Droids, Ewoks, the original Clone Wars, and the Ewok films make it onto Disney +. Of course, I'd prefer to have them cleaned up and released on physical media, but that seems like a farfetched dream.

Samayel_, AniSkylover and Ewok Poet like this.
  15. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    There are a couple of animation errors in Ewoks and a couple of so, so obviously rotoscoped scenes. Probably in Droids as well, but I did not rewatch that one *that* many times.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  16. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    On the new book: The Star Wars Archives.
    Source: https://www.starwars.com/news/the-star-wars-archives

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    BigAl6ft6, B3, Ewok Poet and 2 others like this.
  17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    OMG MAKE IT ALL CANON AGAIN!

BigAl6ft6 and B3 like this.
  18. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    You can see some of the television content here starting at 5:44

19. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I am sorry for yelling in my previous post - it was not directed at anybody, I was just waaay too excited.

Thanks a lot, will have a looksie when back home. @};-

cwustudent likes this.
  20. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    The Archives book looks great, but $150 is a bit pricey. I'd honestly love a Making Of / Art Of the Ewoks movies - I adore them. I believe the only other content I've seen about them comes from the SW Chronicles OT book.

21. TeridaxXD001

TeridaxXD001 Jedi Knight

Oct 9, 2017

Warwick Davis and Eric Walker were given a camera to make their own documentary as a sort of educational experience. I assumed it was a film camera, but this video is obviously sourced from analog tape of some sort, so it was either a camcorder they were given, or the film was telecined. Either way, the quality is somewhat remarkable for footage that'd been in Eric Walker's possession for 30 years (as opposed to being professionally archived). I seriously doubt that's the entirety of the footage, though, since he seems to be pushing for a documentary featurette to be included on a future home video release, with this just being a teaser of sorts. I wonder if Lucasfilm has a copy, too.

On a related note, I'd like to see a cleaner version of Return of the Ewok too, preferably an official release.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  22. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    Youtube has some gems if you dig deep enough - I really wish they'd put this content on a Blu Ray release of the Ewok movies! I'd love to see an exploration of the creatures from these movies as well, because I was absolutely fascinated with them as a kid!

indydefense likes this.
  23. EmuBay

EmuBay Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 4, 2017
    I'm a Cindel/Aubree Miller fan and I've always been a bit disquieted by the attitude that little girls cannot have one of their own as a SW hero.

indydefense and cwustudent like this.
  24. TeridaxXD001

TeridaxXD001 Jedi Knight

Oct 9, 2017
    Are there any behind-the-scenes pictures of any of the stop-motion puppets used in the Ewok movies? Like the boar-wolf or blurrgs?

25. Darth Voldemort

Oct 21, 2014
    First online video interview:

Ewok Poet, TCF-1138 and cwustudent like this.