main
side
curve
  1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels (or any show vs any other show) bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.
  2. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Classics Droids cartoon, Ewoks movies and the Holiday Special

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by sith_rising, Oct 31, 2012.

1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Porg of New Films & Fan Films star 5 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I absolutely agree there!
    A decent release (both BD and DVD) would be much more likely if they were still canon. I have the DVD from 2004, but I'm not too fond of it. Picture and sound is great, but I really dislike the double-sided DVD. Double-sided DVD's suck (my DVD of Unforgiven is double-sided. One side is in its original English language, the other side - for some inexplicable reason - is dubbed in German. I seem to always start watching that film on the wrong side. Same goes for the Ewoks DVD - I'm never sure which movie I'm putting in the player). Some extras, like the Warwick Davis "documentary" Return of the Ewok, would be awesome.

I also wish that a re-canonization would pave way for a third Ewoks movie. I'm well aware of the fact that it's never going to happen, but a man can dream!

my kind of scum and Giovs like this.
  2. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    I also have the 2004 DVD, but mine is the brazillian edition, so both movies are in a single-sided DVD (that's also the case for the Droids and Ewoks Cartoon releases), I'm glad for that because I also hate double-sided DVD's,
    I always wanted to see that documentary... I've seen some written interviews from some of the actors that someone posted a link to somewhere here in the forum, but that's all... It would be cool to take a more detailed and visual a look behind the scenes.

A third movie would be great. Maybe we could see Cindel returning to Endor, I"ve seen some pictures of the actor that portrayed her, as an adult, dressed as Cindel in some convention, it was nice to see that she still cares about the role enough to do that.

Revyl Ren and TCF-1138 like this.
  3. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    *I mean actress, not actor!
    really sorry for double posting, but for some reason I can't edit my previous post.

4. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    The Droids and Ewoks cartoons were released on single-sided discs elsewhere too. I have the American releases of all three, and only the Ewok movies were on a double-sided disc.

Speaking of releases - the Droids and Ewoks cartoons really need to be released in their entirety! It's ridiculous that they haven't gotten a proper home video release.

5. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Yes, the Droids/Ewoks cartoons have never gotten a proper home video release. There was a sub-par DVD release back in 2004 of each show; they edited a couple of episodes of each series into a "movie", but they didn't use the original music & the overall effect wasn't that great.

At this point, I would still like to see a Blu/DVD release of both series - in their entirety. However, I would grudgingly accept it if Lflm./Disney at least cleaned up each series & made each episode available via streaming. However, maybe even that is too much to ask for...

Kez-Iban and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  6. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I saw the news this morning the Dave Filoni is likely going to be bringing a Legends novel character into Rebels! I think this is great news and a nice gift for fans of the old EU. Now, if a character from classic Star Wars TV were to ever show up again, who would classic fans like it to be? I think a lot of Droids characters could easily fit into Rebels, but probably the most likely would be Admiral Screed from Droids or Admiral Kazz from Ewoks. I would love to see the Fromm Gang too!

Ewok Poet likes this.
  7. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 5

Jul 31, 2014
    Any Baobab!

Bail B. Baobab likes this.
  8. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    If they were to re-canonize the old Ewok movies they could have some appearances in Rebels..... one season you have a cameo of the Towani family before they crashed on Endor...and the next season you have Cindel and Noa after they left Endor.

9. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Screed is canon again, so he could easily show up.
    Mungo Baobab would be awesome to see again. Especially if he encountered Artoo and Threepio (and recognized them).

John Pannozzi and Ewok Poet like this.
  10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Glad somebody agrees with me. Mungo! <3

11. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    Droids are coming back, it's trouble again !

12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    That was just great! Thanks for sharing! :)

13. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
  14. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    Some of you may know that the french version of the first Ewoks film had a song in the ending credits, called "Les petits ewoks" by singer Dorothée. It was also used for the promo with a music video. What less people know is that an english version was recorded, titled "Maybe more than us" and apparently sent to Lucasfilm at the time (but never used).

It's being released for the first time this week in a new CD box set.

Valency Jane and Ewok Poet like this.
  15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I remember stumbling upon the original version on YouTube, had no idea it existed in English - nice!

whostheBossk likes this.
  16. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    And yesterday marked the anniversary of the 1985 ABC premieres of...

At the public library where I work, we have the single disc releases of each of these and they get checked out a lot. If they came out with full series releases, the kids would love them.

17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Those are some great parents, I think. :)

Valency Jane and Kenneth Morgan like this.
  18. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Surprised Ewoks never made into TCW,lol.

19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Force Ghost star 9

Sep 2, 2012
    In the Legendsverse, the CW comics did include an Endor episode - Aayla Secura is on Endor, and fights against one of its monsters:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/What_Goes_Up...

Ewok Poet likes this.
  20. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    But thats not what I'm talking about you know, and even that kinda stuff often unfortunately then was not the same level(they always had different levels) of canon.

21. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016

You should be glad that ewoks were not in TCW T-canon. They would probably have been portrayed just like ewoks in the old cartoon, and that now would be as canon as ROTJ ewoks [face_sick]

22. revan772

revan772 Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 5, 2014
    Man I loved these shows. The Duloks are one of my top favourite Star Wars species, really wish they get recanonized so we can get more story with them. :)

Valency Jane, Iron_lord and Ewok Poet like this.
  23. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Force Ghost star 9

Sep 2, 2012
    The newcanon reference work Ultimate Star Wars does mention them in passing, as aggressive creatures that lurk in the swamps of the forest moon, hunting Ewoks and lantern birds.

Valency Jane, Ewok Poet and revan772 like this.
  24. revan772

revan772 Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 5, 2014
    You just made my day lol. :D

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I would still like to see how a Dulok looks like in the new canon and it would be interesting to see what kind of stories they could fit them into, but Endor-related tales doesn't seem to be a priority.

By the way, I wonder if there are any good Duloks. They were portrayed as savage and belligerent bad guys in the series and do seem to be nasty in general but I'm not so sure they are all rotten (I remember the shaman Umwak's reluctant nephew from one of the episodes and he didn't seem to be that bad); I wonder if there would have been a story about Wicket & company befriending any young Duloks if the show would have had continued for another season.

Valency Jane, Iron_lord and Ewok Poet like this.