main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classics Ewoks Movies: Caravan of Courage and The Battle for Endor

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth-Horax, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    That's just silly. There wasn't even a caravan in the movie...

2. Myaha

Myaha Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    oh... there was not? I think you have to rewatch this movie... ;)

3. Bellosh

Bellosh Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2003
    Rick McCallum said on the official site that we might hopefully get Ewok movie DVDs and Droids and Ewoks cartoons sometime after Episode Three.

http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/rick/askjc20020626.html

My tapes need to just hold out a bit longer!

Bellosh

4. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
  5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Wow, this thread still lives!

:)

6. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    A little uppage!

7. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I have both Ewok movies on video and the Droid cartoon that was released on video and the Ewok cartoon that was released on video.

Rick McCallum said on the official site that we might hopefully get Ewok movie DVDs and Droids and Ewoks cartoons sometime after Episode Three.

Great. :) :cool:

8. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    I remember renting that. Made me think of the saturday made-for-tv kids movies of the 70s.

The story had almost no real ties to the SW universe except for the ewoks. Misticism without the Force wasn't very consistent either. And all the earth animals was very silly too. (Even if they did include a ferret.)

I found it very annoying.
    The acting was horrible (and to think people were giving Jake Lloyd a hard time).

Maybe the second movie is better--don't know. When I'm feeling masochistic, I may see if I can endure it.

Vielen Glueck, & vielen SpaB!

9. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    I can't believe anyone would want to see either of those movies twice.

It was painful.

The girl had absolutely no talent, and yet was the main character not in an ewok suit for both movies. What act of nepotism brought that about. All I can say is that her career seems to have lasted these 2 movies and died.

Some people equate The Force to magic, and in a way, maybe it is. However, no where in the movies did we see people transforming into other shapes, or stones that moved by themselves (just the ones Luke was making move), or half the other "mystic" stuff in these movies. As bad 80's fantasy flicks, they're less than acceptable. As starwars material, they suck! Worse than the prequel movies. Worse than... (Parental filters prevent me from finishing this sentence).
    Obviously, these films were made solely to milk the publicity of the Ewoks in RotJ, with no real thought behind them.

10. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    Either that, or they were pure genius not understood by the true fans! :)

11. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    I'll go with the "painful BS" vote on these.

cheap crap that didn't belong in the SW universe. Hell, even the x-mas special made more of an attempt to fit in.

12. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I disagree with the haters. I disliked the HS far worse than the Ewok movies. The Ewok movies were great fantasy films. It's true that they didn't follow the Star Wars story line perfectly, but that doesn't bother me any. I enjoyed them for the great fantasy story that they had. I especially liked Wilford Brimley (spelling) in the second movie. His character, Noah, was cool.

I really hope they release these films on DVD some day.

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. OwenSkywalker3

OwenSkywalker3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2002
    There's nothing wrong with the Ewol movies OR the HS.... they just need a little "retconning"...

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

14. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    Well, my friend and I rented The Ewok Adventure last night (actually it was more like me forcing her to watch it with me 8-}) We actually had so much fun watching this. We laughed at its cornyness and were thoroughly entertained :D I think we'll rent the Ewoks: Battle on Endor (i believe that's what it's called?) next weekend! 8-}

15. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
    I just watched the Ewok Adventure last night. Sure, it's cheesy, but it was still fun to watch. It brought back some fond memories of my youth. Ewoks aren't all that bad. Chukatro (the tough ewok. sorry about butchering his name but it's tough to tell what those ewoks are saying. :D) is actually kinda funny and cool. 8-}

BTW, I never realised that it was Burl Ives that narrated the Ewok Adventure before. His voice was so perfect for narrating that movie. No wonder I loved it so much as a kid. :)

16. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    A shiny nickel to whoever can list the three different colors of wings the Ewoks wore and their symbolism!

17. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    It rocked,
    Ewoks Rock
    They all rock!

18. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
    To Darth Horax, RED WHITE AND BLUE BABY! :D

Now where's my nickel? 8-}

19. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    Yes, but what did they stand for?

20. DarthBud

DarthBud Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2003
    Will they ever release both Ewok movies on DVD? I just found Adventure at a video store, but they don't have Battle. I have little nieces who love the Ewoks, ok I do too, Wicket Rocks. That would be a good name for a band :)

21. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
    Yes, but what did they stand for?

Uh....America? :p I don't remember in all honesty. I just remember Burl Ives narrating the meaning and it making me think of the boy scouts at the time (when I would watch these shows as a kid). :p

Will they ever release both Ewok movies on DVD? I just found Adventure at a video store, but they don't have Battle. I have little nieces who love the Ewoks, ok I do too, Wicket Rocks. That would be a good name for a band.

That's the big question. I would definately buy them on DVD if they were to be released as such, but Lucas doesn't seem to be interested in it. I also don't think there is enough fan demand to push for such a move. I think most fans just don't care about these classics. I personally love them.

22. OwenSkywalker3

OwenSkywalker3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2002
    Oh, I don't know...

I think once Uncle George has gone to the big moisture farm in the sky, and Lucasfilm is still trying to squeeze shiny quarters out of the fans, we'll get a Ewok TV DVD.

Seriously though, I would LOVE to see someone retcon that story. Heck, we already established that Charal is a Dathomir witch. Maybe we could think of some other, interesting retcons for the other characters.

Cindel's dad smuggling deathsticks? Noa a marooned clonetrooper who reallly, really, REALLY let himself go? The possibilities are endless.

Wood

23. C-3RDI

C-3RDI Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2004
    I have little doubt they'll quench some post saga thirst with dvd incarnations after ep.3 comes to dvd. They WILL make money if they do. No doubts there. These movies were very fun to watch and I'm pretty sure Lucas will see the light, or the dollar sign, before too long.

QUESTION: It's been a long time since I watched these movies. Do they have opening text crawls like the other SW movies? I'm ashamed I don't remember.

EDIT: Sorry, I must've skipped over that post with the link to Rick's comments about possible Ewok Movie DVDs.

24. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    No, no opening crawl. I think these movies were ment to stand on there own 2 feet no just star wars spin offs but movies you could watch with out being a star wars fan.

25. C-3RDI

C-3RDI Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2004
    Yeah I know, I just thought maybe there was. Like I said, it's been a long time. And the last few times I did catch either of them was on tv after they had already started.

I think it would be kind of cool if that was added though. But I know that's probably an unpopular view among star wars fans. Plus there might not be a whole lot to say in the crawls.